« A Kindler, Gentler War on Terror | Main | St. Paddy's Day Jokes »

March 17, 2009

Everything Old Is New Again

This is extremely disturbing:

russell_brand_leggings.jpg

On the otter heiny, we now know what The Unit is getting for our upcoming anniversary. They ought to work for BillT, too. Of course, if The Unit doesn't like meggings, there's always this comfy little number, which seems custom made for someone else we know.

Fortunately, wearing a thong means never having to face the horror of visible panty lines.

Posted by Cassandra at March 17, 2009 08:08 AM

Comments

Wearing neither thong *nor* panties also sets one's mind free of that particular worry.

*ahem*

[that loud *thunk*-*whirrrrrrr* all y'all just heard was the sound of a certain blogprincess experiencing simultaneous uncaging of the eyeballs and cerebral cortex overdrive]

Posted by: BillT at March 17, 2009 09:51 AM

*passing Lysol and Scotch-Brite Brain-Scrubber Pad™ to DL Sly*

Posted by: BillT at March 17, 2009 09:54 AM

*scrubbing furiously*

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say!—One; two: why, then
'tis time to do't.—Hell is murky.

Posted by: DL Sly at March 17, 2009 11:47 AM

I dunno.

I thought the one on the far right was rather fetching.

Posted by: Cassandra at March 17, 2009 11:48 AM

It's the boot, huh?
Gotta be da boots.......
0>:~}

Posted by: DL Sly at March 17, 2009 01:24 PM

Um, can I borrow the brain scrubber when you're done please?

Posted by: HomefrontSix at March 17, 2009 01:30 PM

Buh! Yeah, please pass the scrubber and the Lysol over here as well. *gag*

Posted by: Red at March 17, 2009 01:45 PM

Don't try to hide it. Y'all are turned on.

Posted by: Men in Tights at March 17, 2009 01:53 PM

*still scrubbing furiously*

It. Won't. Go. Away!
Need industrial strength brainscrubber ........AHhhh.....much better.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at March 17, 2009 02:23 PM

There you have it--those are the guys hanging around my house. My son and his friends. The really funny thing is that they wear those skinny jeans, and they still sag off their backsides. I don't understand it.

Posted by: April at March 17, 2009 03:40 PM

You simply can't date my daughters wearing those clothes, not that you'd even think to...wearing those clothes.

Posted by: spd rdr at March 17, 2009 03:56 PM

One of my sons did the saggy jeans thing.

I was constantly after him to pull them up. It nearly drove me insane.

Posted by: Cassandra at March 17, 2009 05:18 PM

The those darling lads the very model of the modern American Male?

I have a theory about the saggy droopy jeans. I mean, beside the one that says they were raised in the wild, without benefit of parents to tell them how to wear pants.

It's that they want to dress like girls. Consider. Short pants: shows off your nice legs, just like a girl. Belt below the butt: an extrapolation of the low-cut style, that shows off your butt, just like a girl.

On a girl, these are positive, enhancing things, but on a guy - there's something definitely wrong with the picture.

The other thing I cannot fathom is that these - persons - actually have girlfriends. That can only be explained by a drastic lowering of standards among female youth.

Posted by: ZZMike at March 17, 2009 06:04 PM

My daughter saw those pics and wanted to know who the lovely was...and she observed: "He's prettier than I am, and he's got a beard! Who would go out with him?"

My son saw them and called him "Cousin It."

Need I say more?

Posted by: Cricket at March 17, 2009 06:37 PM

"He's prettier than I am, and he's got a beard! Who would go out with him?"

Either of the other two, most likely...

Posted by: BillT at March 18, 2009 07:50 AM

What? I don't get it? Oh wait... you probably like men to look like men. With real legs, right? None of those chicken legs then.

Hopefully- this will all go away very soon.

Posted by: Delta Whiskey at March 18, 2009 01:42 PM

Russell Brand's leggings are causing consternation in the UK as well. Even just seeing him walk out his front door is enough to cause people to throw up.

Besides, his leggings make his legs look lumpy. Mine are ensconced in tight tights up on the parade float, and look manly.

Posted by: Val Kilmer at March 18, 2009 02:54 PM

*In raspy Wolfman voice*
Hey folks, we have an extra special request from Russell to play this tune for Val, so that those special, shared moments, creeping up on you like long forgotten tragedies at the hair salon, shan't be forgot...

Alrighty then all you tighty-whities out there, grab your elastic and a kerchief!

Posted by: Wolfman Jack at March 18, 2009 03:07 PM

*yoo hooo!*

I feel energized by lycra!

Posted by: Prince Valmer at March 18, 2009 07:02 PM