« Who's In Charge At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue? | Main | Coffee »

March 20, 2009

Good Reads

Not going to write anything today, but here are a few good reads:

Some are more equal than others

Rethug-hating Rethug Pundits... heh.

Anything Grim has written lately. He's en fuego. Don't have time to address anything he's said but it's all good. Just keep scrolling.

Posted by Cassandra at March 20, 2009 05:43 AM

Comments

Talk about coincidence. I'm not going to post anything today either!

But if I was, it might included a link to this piece in today's WSJ.

Posted by: spd rdr at March 20, 2009 12:29 PM

Lazy. Slacker.

Ok, back to slacking off myself. There's "krooshal" basketball to watch.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at March 20, 2009 01:01 PM

Check out my Week in Review, including

The Obama Administration decide to not to go ahead with their plans for Wounded Veterans Medical needs. President Obama will not pursue a proposal that would have allowed the VA to charge private insurance companies for the treatment of veterans with service- and war-related injuries, read more here. That was a REAL FLEA BRAINED IDEA.

Posted by: Ree at March 20, 2009 01:28 PM

I have to admit that I cringe at the Women and Girls Council. Don't get me wrong - I think efforts directed at this sort of thing were necessary at one point simply to bring the issues out in the open and get options on the table. Now, though, it feels, well, paternalistic. Like, "Don't worry, little lady, we'll see to it that you're taken care of."

Surely after 35(!) years of this latest feminist movement women can take care of themselves and their daughters both literal and metaphorical. And we certainly don't need a President who rode into the White House on waves of misogyny to "give" us a seat at the table.

Posted by: Elise at March 20, 2009 03:08 PM

There is an awful lot contained in that comment, Elise. But as it's Friday, I'm going to be flip and say that my daughters always can have a seat at my table. They eat like birds. Their boyfriends, on the otter heiny, better start leaving mrs. rdr a g*dd*nm tip.

Posted by: spd rdr at March 20, 2009 03:15 PM

Flip is fine on Friday, spd.

Posted by: Elise at March 21, 2009 11:42 AM