« That Nuance Thing, Again | Main | Nice Double Standard, There... »

March 16, 2009

NY Times Watch: "Oh No They Didn't" Edition

Desperation manifests itself in odd ways:

Did you guys read yesterday's "Styles" section story on the orgasmic-meditation cult in San Francisco? We did, and we're still not over it. There we were, having a nice Sunday afternoon. We innocently opened the paper with the expectation of reading a story about how rich people are coping with the recession, and instead we came face to face with this:
He invited her to lie down unclothed, set a timer and, while stroking her, proceeded to narrate in tender detail the beauty he saw, the colors that went from coral, to deep rose, to pearlescent pink. “I just broke open, and the feeling was pure and clean,” Ms. Daedone said.

Wait.

Did the Times just describe that woman's vagina to us? Let's read that again just to make sure.

I don't recognize the world anymore. There are no boundaries.

Posted by Cassandra at March 16, 2009 07:48 PM

Comments

Why bother with the NY Times? If everyone stops reading it, it will go away. I keep myself pretty well informed with the financial publications and with the internet. Once in a while, NYT calls to ask us to subscribe--I guess we live in a target zip code for marketing--but I like to dig up my old Kentucky accent and say "....we cain't reeeed". Maybe they need to rely on smut to sell papers now. Why subject yourself to that?

Posted by: Barbara at March 16, 2009 09:29 PM

This is, of course, precisely "how rich people are coping with the recession." Amusingly, the poor folks who want to ride it out on beer and cigarettes are the ones who will be paying the "sin taxes."

So, you know, be comforted: there are boundaries. Smoking cigarettes is bad.

Posted by: Grim at March 16, 2009 10:34 PM

Heh :)

Posted by: Cass at March 16, 2009 10:37 PM

What was the timer for?

Posted by: camojack at March 17, 2009 01:29 AM

To see if he lasted for sixteen minutes?

Posted by: BillT at March 17, 2009 04:28 AM

Circulation plummets. Everybody knows that sex sells. Putting -2 and +2 together, they hope for the best.

Anybody watched evening TV recently? I haven't for several years; last night I happened to be in a position to do so. I reminded me of my sainted grandmother. Cries of "O mercy, I didn't see that!!!!" echoed throughout the room. And not just once.

It was so disgusting I had to sit there for hours, despsing every minute.

And then the REALLY late-night TV came on.

Posted by: ZZMike at March 17, 2009 06:11 PM

Wow. Seriously? I'm speechless...

Posted by: Delta Whiskey at March 18, 2009 03:42 PM

Wait a minute. How do we know the guy was talking about her vagina when he "proceeded to narrate in tender detail the beauty he saw"? Maybe there was a Georgia O'Keefe painting on the wall and he was looking at that.

Posted by: salaryman at March 21, 2009 01:31 PM

You, sir, are clearly not a Vaginal-American and therefore anything you say can and will be used against you ....

Posted by: Cassandra at March 21, 2009 08:56 PM

> There are no boundaries.

Naw, he was describing her ear.

Yeah. That's the ticket: Her ear.

Posted by: Obloodyhell at March 25, 2009 04:51 PM