« Catch 22 | Main | Great Moments in Parenting »

March 25, 2009

The Power of a Dream

And a testament to the strength of the human spirit.

Posted by at March 25, 2009 12:33 PM

Comments

Wow.

Posted by: Pogue at March 25, 2009 01:34 PM

OMG. Wow. I was glad to see from the audience shots that I wasn't the only one crying. :P

Attitude (spirit) really IS everything. I never forgot for a moment that they had missing limbs, but it never mattered--they were as beautiful, sexy, powerful, transcendent as any dancers I've seen.

Inspiring for anyone who thinks they somehow "aren't enough."

Posted by: FbL at March 25, 2009 01:52 PM

The first thing I thought of was Tiananmen Square in 1989...and Hollywood's culture of shallow perfection. What a contrast!

BEAUTIFUL!

Posted by: vet66 at March 25, 2009 02:22 PM

Yanno...........I never saw the audience the first time I watched this.
Musta had the sun or *something* in my eyes....
0>:~}

"We all have strengths that support the weakness of others in a complimentary symbiosis."

vet, you just described my marriage perfectly.

Posted by: DL Sly at March 25, 2009 03:21 PM

DL SLY;

After 39 years, mine too! Congrats!

Posted by: vet66 at March 25, 2009 03:25 PM

Absolutely breathtaking. I am still wiping away that incidental precipitation. How could you watch something like that and not be moved?

I so needed to see that. Thank you.

Posted by: Cricket at March 26, 2009 11:46 AM

Week in Review, Carnival Games & Carny Tricks? What is going on at our Capitol Washington D.C.?

Posted by: Ree at March 27, 2009 01:19 PM

Mrs. C.,

I showed this to my older boys (one of whom dances) and they were so impressed that they asked to watch it again (this is saying a lot as it is not their preference in dance). They then discussed the difference between physical limits and limits on what can be accomplished. Wow. This was powerful. Thank you for providing the material for a wonderful teaching/discovery moment.

William sends.

(This is powerful stuff you post, Ma'am.)

Posted by: William at March 28, 2009 11:47 AM