« The Federal Deficit for Dummies: Inumeracy Edition | Main | Our Education President: Do As I Say, Not As I Do »

April 21, 2009

BLASHPHEMER!!!!

Everybody knows torture doesn't work:

In releasing highly classified documents on the CIA interrogation program last week, President Obama declared that the techniques used to question captured terrorists "did not make us safer." This is patently false. The proof is in the memos Obama made public -- in sections that have gone virtually unreported in the media.

But here's where it gets really interesting:

...just as the memo begins to describe previously undisclosed details of what enhanced interrogations achieved, the page is almost entirely blacked out. The Obama administration released pages of unredacted classified information on the techniques used to question captured terrorist leaders but pulled out its black marker when it came to the details of what those interrogations achieved.

Ah... I love the smell of selective transparency in the morning... don't you?

... if I wanted to only measure the outcome of Obama's piracy policy then we might conclude that the policy was a good one since Captain Phillips was released.

However, Uncle Jimbo points out the logical fallacy:

I now have multiple confirmations saying that the initial set of rules that Obama put on the Navy forbid any active attempts to rescue the hostage and only after they requested he reinstate their authority to act if the hostage was in imminent danger did he do so. Thank goodness those rules were changed, but from what I gather the new set of rules only affected the outcome only inasmuch as the commander on the ground interpreted them very loosely. They were only to shoot if the hostage was in imminent danger.

Which, if I'm to understand this correctly, means that the SEAL snipers were under the same rules of engagement that existed prior to Obama's initial reaction to forbid them from using force.

Anyway, none of this matters. Telling voters that it supposedly "matters" whether enhanced terroration techniques made us safer makes no more sense that thinking that if voters had known how many of the enemy we were killing (compared to the casualties we were taking), they might not have believed all the Democrat's lies about how Iraq was a lost cause:

Thank God we have The One to explain these things to us. Just knowing the Obama administration will only tell me what it thinks I need to know makes me feel safer already.

Posted by Cassandra at April 21, 2009 10:52 AM

Comments

It will get even more Orwellian before this is over. We still have 3-1/2 more years of this.

Heh.

Isn't this fun? Aren't we all glad that Obama won the election last fall?

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at April 21, 2009 01:45 PM

We have elected a very stupid man. He is going to get Americans killed. And he'll blame it on Bush.

Is it possible to condense so many stupid decisions into such a short time? GAD! It feels like Zero has been in the job for three years. How bad will it feel when it really has been that long?

Posted by: MathMom at April 21, 2009 02:00 PM

Oh, but it gets better.

He just announced that he won't rule out prosecuting attornies who give "bad" legal advice to the executive branch.

*That* ought to have the desired effect.

Posted by: Cassandra at April 21, 2009 02:49 PM

I'm telling you, MathMom.

I have tried to be patient. But this guy is nuts. He has never run anything in his life and it shows.

Posted by: Cassandra at April 21, 2009 02:50 PM

Mathmom
Although I agree that the external appearance is "stupid" to yours and mine lying eyes, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Never run anything, Cass? But, but , but...he was a community organizer, and the president of the Harvard Law Review, and he ran a "great" campaign.
Didn't he? Huh?

Stupid? Is that patiotic? Huh? Have you been listening to that Limbaugh cat again?

I've got a few other clues hidden up my sleeve. The business real estate market is about to tank seriously, to the tune of $400 billion in possible losses and write-offs. And there are still a lot of bad mortgages out there, written in 2006 and 2007 that are going to "reset" this year. We may have already seen the "high" for the DJIA in 2009. Think about that.
Or you could say,"Weck up to thees!"

Heh, as they say in Knoxville.

(Cassandra, YOU are on fire this afternoon!)

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at April 21, 2009 03:40 PM

Quite frankly, I've seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo that are more organized than these people. But, hey, I'm just bitter and clingy....

"(Cassandra, YOU are on fire this afternoon!)"

*sigh*
*chugs beer, refills pointy hat with water*

Are you doing your Michael Jackson/Pepsi commercial immitation again? Don't you remember how long it took me to get the water taste out of my beer last time???
C'mon, now....hav'a heart.

Posted by: DL Sly at April 21, 2009 03:58 PM

Just wait 'til that 3am phone call is made -- and the caller gets the answering machine...

"You have reached the Office of the President of the United States. The teleprompter is down for routine maintenance, so please leave a message when we *heh* set the tone. *heh* A little Presidential humor, there."

*beep*

"Select Mailbox 1 if you are calling on a matter of extreme international urgency, such as the imminent overthrow of Hugo Chavez.

"Select Mailbox 2 if you are calling on a matter which may generate a Constitutional crisis, such as discovering where those campaign funds *really* came from."

"Select Mailbox 3 if you are calling from a location within the United States and are currently undergoing a terrorist attack."

"If you are calling with my most-recent poll numbers, please remain on the line and our next available ACORN volunteer will assist you."

Posted by: BillT at April 21, 2009 04:49 PM

"I have tried to be patient. But this guy is nuts."
That, IMO, will increasingly be the conclusion at which many in this nation arrive.

Nuts sums up many of his best and brightest too. Not to mention a large hunk of those who bought into the Miracle-Governā„¢ HopenChangeĀ® Elixir peddler's sideshow when they voted him into office. So I will not mention them... #$%@## $@@# %#@% #$ $%#$^ ^#$$!!!!

Yersireee! Step right up ladies, gentlemen and right-wing extremists. For a thin, ten trillion dollars see Urkle's dancing prowess lead the nation off the cliff.

Posted by: Manchurian_bubba_hun at April 21, 2009 04:57 PM

P.S. Bob Parks rocks.

Posted by: Manchurian_bubba_hun at April 21, 2009 05:21 PM

Glad you liked it :)

I've always particularly liked that video. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find it again - especially since I couldn't remember his name or where I first read it.

Posted by: Cassandra at April 21, 2009 05:41 PM

I tried to send a trackback but it seems it's missing.

Posted by: John Hitchcock at April 21, 2009 06:46 PM

Sorry - I disabled my trackbacks due to spam. But if you want to leave a link to your post in the comments section, please do!

Posted by: Cassandra at April 21, 2009 07:25 PM

Alright, thanks, Cassandra. The link to my post is here.

Posted by: John Hitchcock at April 21, 2009 07:53 PM

heh, try again

Posted by: John Hitchcock at April 21, 2009 07:54 PM

I'm afraid that they are organized enough to do a lot of damage, even if they don't intend it.

Posted by: htom at April 21, 2009 11:23 PM

The shills for Obama are all over the Sunday talk shows assuring us that we are moving forward and not looking back. The next day Obama says the exact opposite. I wonder who got to him on Sunday
that caused him to throw is staff under the bus? Now we have another suicide by hanging(Kellerman) on the democratic watch a la McDougal, Brown, Foster, Mahoney, Raiser, Tulley, Willey, Parks, Bunch, Feguson et al on the Clinton watch.

No wonder Obama is having trouble filling posts. Who wants to be a throw-down under the democratic bus? I briefly entertained the idea that this latest flip-flop from the Obama administration was an Alinsky scheme to distract public attention from another backdoor trillion dollar boondoggle. I am beginning to suspect that our fears were justified. Particularly worrisome is that we now know, thanks to the spin-meister Gibbs, that Obama never taught Constitutional Law.

We are in trouble now!

Posted by: vet66 at April 22, 2009 12:01 PM

Hey Don B., and the rest of America, what makes you belive it will only be 3 1/2 years? It is going to be 15 1/2 years. During this time 5 cities will be hit. Tens of thousands of people will be dead and the Bill of Rights will be renderd null and void. Welcome to the new DARK AGES for Mankind. You, the American people voted for it and you got it, that hope and change thing will equal; OBLIVION. Can't wait for 2024.

Posted by: Heltau at April 22, 2009 11:03 PM