April 05, 2009
Caption Contest Results
In an effort to eradicate the ever growing list of caption contests the Princess has not gotten around to judging, she presents this omnibus post. Part of the reason she hates judging contests is that it takes *&^^ forever to format results posts the way she likes them to be formatted.
For that reason, this post won't be done the usual way. It just takes too long to look up and embed all the photos, so you'll just have to click on the links to see the original post.
So, with no further ado, the results:
1. rodney dill: The years have not been kind to Janet Reno
2. Deb: "Just call me angel of the morning (ANGEL) just touch my cheek before you leave me, baby."
3. spr rdr (whoever that is :p): It slowly dawned on Moose that perhaps St. Peter had misunderstood his comment about wanting to join "Hell's Angels."
1. Rodney Dill: Neither is a freeway, but the left road is a Tollway.
2. obloodyhell: You know your candidacy is in trouble when even the state highway departments start editorializing...
1. Frodo: This is my church, here is the steeple open it up and I give hope to the people.
2. MathMom: Obama stifles a grin as he listens to advice from his Dad in Heaven, thinking, "Doesn't He know that I am the Obamessiah? I don't have to take this."
3. annlee: Al Gore would've killed for this much alphaness.
1. Steve Gobie: I'll never again book a flight and a room with Barney Franks for Carnaval in Rio... Never... Ever.
2. Monsieur Del A-cately En-Loafers: Tha therapisth thaid to thing thith thong all day every day, but I don't think itth helping...
3. Artfldgr: And here is a man that needs no introduction, the democratic nominee for 2012!!!! Let's hear a great round of applause.
Gum ball anyone?
The Obama Salute Caption Contest
1. John of Argghhh: "I'm a zero, he's a zero, wouldn't you like to be a zero too?!?"
2. Mr. Oink: This is your brain on hope.
3. Pile On: McCain: "As you can see from my opponents hand gesture not only is he the antichrist he is wrong on offshore drilling!"
'Oh Lord, It's Hard To Be Humble' Caption Contest
1. Ted Nugent: What! A BLUE tie! I told ya he was never a true conservative!
2. DL Sly "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!"
3. Tony: "Hey!!! That guy looks just like me!"
1. spd rdr: Good morning, ladies, gentlemen, and tasty newspersons.... (go read the rest)
2. ziobuck: As outgoing FIRST DOG, I want to thank you ladies and gentlemen for not judging me by the color of my fur, or by the nature of my breed, but by my cute personality and the wag of my tail. I'm glad you've understood my bark was worse than my bite, and pray my successor will also refuse to rollover for the media like my master and I.
3. Obloodyhell: "I am in charge here!"
Posted by Cassandra at April 5, 2009 09:51 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
I could drive a whole mechanized mental division through any one of these damned pansy quips, and save gas to boot!
Posted by: General George S. Pattonleather, Jr. at April 6, 2009 12:53 PM
Always with the negative waves Pattonleather, always with the negative waves.
Posted by: Oddball at April 6, 2009 01:27 PM
"Always" anything is a sign of weakness, Private Oddball. Everything is new each time it's tried. Victory is change, and I stir the damned soup!
Posted by: General George S. Pattonleather, Jr. at April 6, 2009 02:02 PM
Sure General. Now I'm gonna like ah, drink some wine, eat some cheese, and catch some rays. You know, like ah, while like waiting for da next golden opportunity to caption a photo.
Woof, woof, woof...
Posted by: Oddball at April 6, 2009 02:19 PM
That's the spirit, Private Oddball! Bark like like a dog! Tear at their ankles like a gall-danged bull terrier! Opportunities for victory result only from constant vigilance! Hell, I could tell you that the next time a Caption Contest stuck its head over the pararpet that I'd be ready to put one quick cynical hole in it's forehead, but only a daily regiment of snark cannon exercise can prepare one for the next occasion. Hell, these kinds of challenges can pop up from anywhere! It's only proper training and discipline that permits any commander to array troops of sufficient will, strength ardor, and hunor to combat such affronts to unit security, and by God I'm just the commander to command such troops.
Posted by: General George S. Pattonleather, Jr. at April 6, 2009 02:40 PM
Belay the "hunor" reference in my last.
I just promoted my staff.
Posted by: General George S. Pattonleather, Jr. at April 6, 2009 02:42 PM
Heh -- I do that all the time with the 27" zippersnarks...
Posted by: BillT at April 6, 2009 04:07 PM
Well I am certainly glad to see someone *finally* noticed this post.
Posted by: Ghost of caption contests past at April 6, 2009 07:19 PM
Oh I noticed it......and have been desperately trying to avoid mentioning just how far back the post dates go.
Well, that is, until now.
Posted by: Snarkammando at April 6, 2009 07:32 PM
Anything worth doing is worth putting off for one more day.
Posted by: Ghost of caption contests past at April 6, 2009 07:33 PM
"Anything worth doing is worth putting off for one more day."*Raises boda bag containing aged vino from bottle with screw on cap in salute*
Posted by: Oddball at April 6, 2009 07:41 PM
With all due respect and humility, Madam hostess, and with all rank modesty, (as "Bob 6" and "Elmo 2," friends of yours, they assure me, insist is the case), I have made a sudden and and happy decision to return to farming something called "yurts." I'm sure that there's
Posted by: GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTONLEATHER, III at April 6, 2009 07:57 PM
Well, I wanted to congratulate you for it, but I'd feel duty bound to note that the link for the Cult of Obama is the same as that for the Obama symbol. That would seem mean-spirited, since you have told us how difficult these are to judge and post. So I decided to keep it to myself. Forget I said anything, ok?
Posted by: MathMom at April 6, 2009 08:02 PM
that the link for the Cult of Obama is the same as that for the Obama symbol.
Damned fat-fingered ghost. I wouldn't have minded... well, at least not for long. I was pretty tired when I posted that, but even when I get my feelings hurt, I get over it pretty quickly unless someone has repeatedly pissed me off.
It's fixed now - thanks for telling me. I can't see very well in that stupid little window.
Posted by: Ghost of caption contests past at April 6, 2009 08:50 PM
Using the whiteout on the screen again, eh?
Posted by: BillT at April 7, 2009 12:31 AM
Posted by: Ghost of caption contests past at April 7, 2009 09:35 AM
Posted by: BillT at April 7, 2009 11:11 AM