« As I *Suspected*... | Main | Preposterous! »

April 18, 2009

Fist Bump of Death Caption Contest

obamachavez.jpg

"Must. stay. strong. If Chavez thinks he's getting the fist bump on the first date, he's got another thing coming. Hmmm.... his hands are so soft. I'll have to ask if he uses something special?"

Posted by Cassandra at April 18, 2009 10:19 AM

Comments

Oh great... Now he's gonna have to sneak off for a smoke and a shower...

Posted by: TotUS at April 18, 2009 10:39 AM

"Dang. This thumb wrestling technique really works! He's bending to my will... I can just FEEL it!"

Posted by: Cassandra at April 18, 2009 10:45 AM

With so much talk about teabags, Hugo, just wait until the cameras go away, and I'll wail it for you like *this*.

Posted by: Boquisucio at April 18, 2009 11:17 AM

OOOOgo is giving Obama the finger...all 5 of them. Pass the Purell...

Posted by: vet66 at April 18, 2009 12:01 PM

"Heh. He *deed* try thee Choy Bozzer weet out windeenk eet op. Carlos, plog een thee 220-240 line -- rapido!"

Posted by: BillT at April 18, 2009 12:18 PM

Discovery (or History?) Channel ran the most fascinating body language special that analyzed past and present world leaders. They showed picture after picture after picture of awkward hand shake because each person was trying to get the upper hand (literally, apparently, in body language speak).

The leaders, who are all very aware of this, went to some astounding lengths to come out on top in body language in pictures.

It was one of the funniest shows I'd ever seen, like an episode of Three's Company with what amounted to impromptu slapstick comedy among world leaders.

Anyway, that's probably what was happening here. All I have to say is that at least he didn't bow.

Posted by: airforcewife at April 18, 2009 12:48 PM

PS: I'm not witty enough to come up with captions. Please excuse the digression.

Posted by: airforcewife at April 18, 2009 12:49 PM

"Hey, Buzz, let's show the guys our new secret
best-friends handshake."

Posted by: Ziobuck at April 18, 2009 12:50 PM

PS: I'm not witty enough to come up with captions.

Hang out with Cricket and Sly for a bit. They're contagious...

Posted by: BillT at April 18, 2009 12:59 PM

"Hang out with Cricket and Sly for a bit. They're contagious..."

Nuh uh............we had our shots.
Mine were Southern. Cricket had sweet tea.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at April 18, 2009 07:38 PM

Bwahahaha...

Mine:
"It's Palmolive. John Edwards swears by it."

Posted by: Cricket at April 18, 2009 10:29 PM

"Wassssuuuuuuuuuuuuup?"

Posted by: Cassandra at April 20, 2009 12:52 AM

*gasp!* That Hello Kitty tattoo on the back of his hand -- DAD?!?

Posted by: BillT at April 20, 2009 03:08 AM

OK - that was funny :p

Posted by: Cassandra at April 20, 2009 04:49 AM

PS: I'm not witty enough to come up with captions.

Hey - I never let that stop *me* :)

Posted by: Cassandra at April 20, 2009 04:51 AM

OK - that was funny :p

Whut?

Posted by: BillT at April 20, 2009 06:24 AM

I chipped my brain trying to read those words.

If I might add, it was the relativist reference to the familial relationship that Darth Vader disseminated to his alleged offspring, Luke. In this instance, however, it would not be Vader and Luke so much as it would be Vader and Palpatine.

I tittered.

Posted by: Cricket at April 20, 2009 10:56 AM

"Was it the anachronistic-in-context mention of the "Hello Kitty tattoo" or the existential incongruity of Obie using the colloquial familiarity "Dad" when all of his preceding references have been to "Father" that appealed to your admittedly puckish sense of the adsurbd?"

I've not had near enough caffeine to postulate a formative theory. Especially given the fact that there is a serious chili deficiency happening right now.

"Hey - I never let that stop *me* :)"

Yeah, we *know*.
heh
0>;~}

*heads to kitchen in search of breakfast*

Posted by: DL Sly at April 20, 2009 11:28 AM

I don't have a caption -- just the soundtrack to the movie:

Posted by: KJ at April 20, 2009 01:31 PM

Chili for brekkies? Must be good stuff.

Posted by: Cricket at April 20, 2009 04:13 PM

She's just saying that to sound tough.

"Chili" is her code word for cinnamon-doused Maypo.

Posted by: BillT at April 20, 2009 04:53 PM

Dennison's Hotâ„¢ chili along with a health hunk of Tillamook Medium Cheddarâ„¢ cheese is what's for breakfast at least three days a week 'round heah. Some days it's both meals of the day.
heh
MH has to hide a can or three at his office in order to assure its availability whenever he gets a *hankering* for some.
0>;~}

Um....what's a "Maypo" -- cinnamon-doused or otherwise??

Posted by: DL Sly at April 20, 2009 05:41 PM

Maypo? Cooked cereal is always a favorite here but it has to have 'stuff' to top it with.

Maypo? Haven't seen that in a while.

Posted by: Cricket at April 20, 2009 05:43 PM

Is that like Cream of Wheat? Or Malt-O-Meal?

Posted by: DL Sly at April 20, 2009 06:03 PM

I think so. My mommy cooked us oatmeal that was horrid until she discovered steel cut oats.

However, chili sounds good. We has the requisite toppings for chili: Sour cream, cheese, guacamole, tomatoes, green and purple onions..I need to make some.

*bustles off to the kitchen...*

Posted by: Cricket at April 20, 2009 07:49 PM

"As the chairman of the Welcoming Committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake..."

Posted by: Howard Johnson at April 21, 2009 12:08 AM

Given the same opportunity I'd have decked the f*cking b*st*ard.

But that's just me.

Posted by: Sister Rocky Balboa at April 21, 2009 01:29 AM

Which one, Sister? They both are.

Posted by: HomefrontSix at April 21, 2009 02:24 AM

Yo, *yo*, YO! Cheese, Sistuh, whut aboutcher *vows*, yanno, dat "Poverty-Chasity-Obedien..."

Oh. Nuttin' bout "No Deckin' Bastids."

Nemmine.

Posted by: Rocky "Gingko" Biloba at April 21, 2009 07:44 AM

> I'll have to ask if he uses something special?"

Obama's not so easy. He probably expects a reach-around on the first date.

Posted by: OBloodyHell at April 21, 2009 07:32 PM

See, din'I teel chou? Me Mamacita, chee makeh dee bayst refried beans.

Posted by: Snark Le'Puss at April 22, 2009 03:49 PM