« Did Obama 'Astroturf' Military Welcome in Iraq? | Main | I Feel Stupid... and Contagious »

April 14, 2009

Never be afraid to believe in yourself.

Via Boq.

Posted by Cassandra at April 14, 2009 02:13 PM

Comments

Goosebumps.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at April 14, 2009 02:26 PM

She is amazing.

And as an added bonus, I watched this with my 8 year old evil blond child, who immediately asked if we could get the Les Miserable cd for her because she liked the song so much.

Much better than her asking for the latest Miley Cyrus production.

Posted by: airforcewife at April 14, 2009 03:00 PM

When I hear angels sing like this I wonder how many other angels are out there who will never be discovered and allowed the chance to bring beauty to our lives.

Amazing in beauty and lack of pretension! Beauty is there to be enjoyed if we but open our senses to the possibility of discovering it in the most unlikely of places.

They walk silently among us!

Posted by: vet66 at April 14, 2009 04:35 PM

I had a debate with one of my students (9th grade) about what constituted "art." He claimed any creation was art; I disagreed and said that in order to be a work of art, it had to take my breath away and bring tears to my eyes.

That song was art. Brava, Susan.

Posted by: goddessoftheclassroom at April 14, 2009 04:44 PM

A wise man once described Art as the communion between Body and Soul. Music is therefore sound-waves which touch and communicates with our souls. Dance by extension, is sound-waves that in communication with our soul, is put into motion by our bodies.

Posted by: Boquisucio at April 14, 2009 04:57 PM

Didja notice that Simon was looking like a lovestruck puppy instead of the crank who likes to kick them?

Yes. She gave me chills.

Posted by: Cricket at April 14, 2009 05:37 PM

I loved the Statler & Waldorf dudes in the wings.

She deserved it and I hope her dreams come true.

Posted by: Cricket at April 14, 2009 05:42 PM

vett66, my mother had such a voice. She was also a vocal coach and while I did take lessons from her, I didn't persist and I should have. My daughter has inherited that voice and I am nurturing it now.

Posted by: Cricket at April 14, 2009 05:48 PM

Cricket;

If your daughter gives one person a glimpse of the beauteous music waiting in the hereafter then she has fulfilled the promise of the gift she was given. I am sure Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart himself has already penned a sonata she can sing a capella to the rest of us.

Interesting that most of couldn't carry a tune in a rucksack but have the ability to recognize beauty when we hear it. I hope she appreciates her gift.

Posted by: vet66 at April 14, 2009 08:51 PM

Yep. Britain does have talent.

Posted by: ZZMike at April 14, 2009 09:39 PM

I have always thought that music was the language of heaven. One thing my mom and I used to do together at Christmas was participate in the Community Chorus performances of 'Messiah.'

Sometimes, during the rehearsals, when the soloists were doing their recitatives, I would sit and could not hold back the tears. The majesty of the score and the Authorship of the libretto was a wonderful combination.

Posted by: Cricket at April 14, 2009 10:41 PM

"Never be afraid to believe in yourself."

Oh, I'm not. If anything, I think too highly of myself. ;-)

The lady in the video, however, has an absolutely beautiful voice...

Posted by: camojack at April 15, 2009 01:10 AM