« This Is The Moment... | Main | When Congress Runs Banks »

April 22, 2009

This world will never be what I expected
And if I don't belong who would have guessed it
I will not leave alone everything that I own
To make you feel like it's not too late
It's never too late

Even if I say it'll be alright
Still I hear you say you want to end your life
Now and again we try to just stay alive
Maybe we'll turn it around cause it's not too late
It's never too late

No one will ever see this side reflected
And if there's something wrong
Who would have guessed it and I have left alone
Everything that I own to make you feel like
It's not too late It's never too late

Even if I say it'll be alright
Still I hear you say you want to end your life
Now and again we try to just stay alive
Maybe we'll turn it around cause it's not too late
It's never too late

The world we knew won't come back
The time we've lost can't get back
The life we had won't be ours again

This world will never be what I expected
And if I don't belong...

Even if I say it'll be alright
Still I hear you say you want to end your life
Now and again we try to just stay alive
Maybe we'll turn it around cause it's not too late
It's never too late

Posted by Cassandra at April 22, 2009 09:59 AM

Comments

Yeah, but..... They say Vince Foster committed suicide, too.

As always, this news is way too new to make any reasonable judgements about it. Let's wait a week or so.

Besides, Mr Kellerman is not Japanese.

Posted by: ZZMike at April 22, 2009 11:29 AM

What a tragedy.

I especially like the comments at "Gawker". We live in a culture that is in a death spiral. It's like a cultural neutron bomb has been set off. It's like that girl from California that was running for Miss America being denounced because of her un-enlightened view of homosexual marriage.

Egads, there is no bottom! I blame Bush!

The buildings and people will still be here, but we will all be dead inside.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at April 22, 2009 12:32 PM

"The buildings and people will still be here, but we will all be dead inside."

Resistance is futile.
You will be assimilated.
Resistance is futile.
You will be assimilated.....

Posted by: 1 of Many at April 22, 2009 03:34 PM

I don't know...the lyrics make me think of an apologistic euolgy to a friend.....too many of my daughters' friends have taken that route thinking it is the easy way.

It is, but only for them. Those who must go on must struggle and wonder what they could have done, what they failed to do and what they did not see....the guilt can be maddening.

I will not politicize this. It is sad on all levels. Children have lost a father; a wife has lost her husband, and people have lost a friend. On some level, someone had to have seen it coming.....but no one took action. It is simply sad.

KP

Posted by: Kbob in Katy at April 22, 2009 06:25 PM

Some times you don't see it coming, KP. Many people do give off signs, but I can tell you from sad experience that if someone is really determined to do this (and men often are, once they make up their minds) they may not give any overt signs because they don't want to be stopped.

And it is sad, for everyone.

There are never the right words. I just hope he is at peace now.

I used to get angry when I heard someone had killed themselves. It seemed so selfish. I still don't understand it, but I can't judge anymore and I have to believe a merciful God won't either.

Posted by: Cassandra at April 22, 2009 07:00 PM

Howdy.

Sometimes, but I don't know how, I just shut for a while and listen.

Posted by: spd rdr at April 23, 2009 12:03 AM

Maybe he was carrying a heavy load of guilt. Sad that he chose to end his life, though. After all, it was only money. Seriously... :-(

Posted by: camojack at April 23, 2009 01:19 AM

All I know is that my son has been working 24/7 since this nonsense started.

I wouldn't treat a dog the way the people who've been left holding this bag were treated. Everybody wants a scapegoat.

They might try directing their rage at Congress. None of these banks would have made those loans, "but for" the federal requirement.

Posted by: Cassandra at April 23, 2009 08:23 AM

"if someone is really determined to do this (and men often are, once they make up their minds) they may not give any overt signs because they don't want to be stopped."
Been close enough to one of these folks to know this is true. It is sad for the survivors and when you realize that the individual must have not only been reconciled to the act, but they must have determined that it was the only available option. Well, that is a terrible epilogue of most anyone's life, with few exceptions.

Having buddies in LE, along with a fellow I consider to be one of my best friends, I'll offer a sincere wish for your son's wellbeing. Law enforcement is always a tough job, especially during times like these. And IMHO, LEO's really ought to patrol in pairs. I hope your son does. That would always be the case, if Government expenditures, be they local though Federal, were rationally prioritized and allocated towards addressing the needs specified in their charters. At least in any place more tumultuous than Mayberry, R.F.D.

I've gotta say that as far as dog treatment goes, dogs are more well behaved and honorable in their conduct than most of the actors who've been involved in THE FINANCIAL CRISIS®. Especially the Congressional weasels/culprits.

Oops, my transmission slipped into digression... Must be part of that aging thing. I'll set the brake.

Posted by: bthun at April 23, 2009 09:58 AM

Oddly enough, it's my son who works in the mortgage risk department of one of those banks that has been in the news who is working around the clock :p

But thanks for the kind words, bthun. They are appreciated.

Posted by: Cassandra at April 23, 2009 10:03 AM

Mortgage risk? Sheesh... well as someone else pointed out, that's only money! And here I was concerned with all those peeps on the streets who are out of work causing crime to take the E-train.

Ahhh, I think I'd better double-check that brake. =;^}

Posted by: bthun at April 23, 2009 10:26 AM

Ahhh, I think I'd better double-check that brake. =;^}

Posted by: bthun at April 23, 2009 10:26 AM

Well....for some of us, it's a bit different. No brakes.

My pappy said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin'

If you don't stop driving that hot rod Lincoln"

Have you heard the story of the hot rod race
Where the Fords and the Lincolns were setting the pace?

Well that story is true I'm here to say

Cause I was driving that model A.

It's got Lincoln motor and it's really souped up
And that model A body makes it look like a pup
It's got eight cylinders, uses them all
It's got overdrive, just won't stall

It's got a four barrel carb, and dual exhaust
With 4:11 eleven gears you can really get lost.
It's got safety tubes, but I ain't scared
The brakes are good; the tires fair

We were out of San Pedro late one night
The moon and the stars were shining bright
We was drivin' up Grapevine Hill
Passing cars like they was standing still

All of a sudden, in the wink of an eye
A Cadillac sedan passed us by
I said "Boys that's a mark for me"
By then the tail lights was all you could see

Now the fellas all ribbed me for being behind
So I thought I'd make the Lincoln unwind
Took my foot of the gas and man alive
I shoved it on down into overdrive

Wound it up to 110
My speedometer said that I'd hit top end
My foot was glued like lead to the floor
And that's all there is, and there ain't no more

Now the boys all thought that I'd lost my sense
And telephone poles looked like a picket fence
They said "Slow down, I see spots!"
The lines on the road just looked like dots

Took a corner, side swiped a truck
Crossed my fingers just for luck
My fenders was clicking the guard rail post
The guy beside me was white as a ghost

Well smoke was coming from out of the back
When I started to gain on that Cadillac
I knew I could catch him, I thought I could pass
Don't you know by then we'd be low on gas

Well flames was coming from out of the side
Feel the tension, man what a ride
I said "Look out boys, I've got a license to fly"
And that Caddy pulled over and let us by

All of the sudden she started knocking
Down in the dips she started rocking
I looked in the mirror. Red lights were blinking
The cops was after my Hot Rod Lincoln

They arrested me and they put me in jail
And they Called my pappy to throw my bail
And he said, "Son, you're going to drive me to drinkin'
If you don't stop driving that Hot Rod Lincoln"

Posted by: Kbob in Katy at April 23, 2009 09:39 PM