« Quote of the Day | Main | More Grist for the Mill »

May 14, 2009

I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm getting older too

I'm getting older, too.

Posted by Cassandra at May 14, 2009 08:55 AM

Comments

I've said it before, and I'll say it until the day I die:
Age is a case of mind over matter...if you don't mind, it don't matter.

My Mom taught me that, and until the cancer took away her ability, she lived that every day of her life.

Posted by: DL Sly at May 14, 2009 11:20 AM

DL:
I liked what your Mom taught you. I guess I needed to hear that this morning as the artificial hip is reminding me I'm not as "good" as I once was. Ha. :)

Posted by: ziobuck at May 14, 2009 11:32 AM

My favorite Stevie Nix song was "Silent Night." Landslide is a close second reminding me of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young "Teach Your Children Well."

Posted by: vet66 at May 14, 2009 04:47 PM

*looks up from spinning the odometer backwards as fast as possible -it's more of a mileage thang than an age thang... IMHO anywho*

Heh... Dark Lord once again you reveal the essence of The Force. The mind, or maybe it is nothing more than the attitude of the individual, controls the perception of age and how one snugs into and deals with it. It's obvious that your mother taught you well.

Now if I could only trade in my titanium encased spine and get a new frame with a properly tuned comm link to the limbs, I figure that I'd once again be the functional equivalent of the average 18 to 34 year old.

Luckily there's always beer! So a salute and a few additional style points to all who may not be as good as they once were, but make the effort to be as good once as they ever were. =8^} Cheers!

Posted by: The-Manchurian-bubba_hun at May 14, 2009 07:43 PM

You're doing OK, bthun. Fine, in fact :)

Posted by: Cassandra at May 14, 2009 08:09 PM

This is my favorite Stevie Nicks song and it is up there with "Teach your Children well" high in the list of "keeps me grounded" tunes.

There is one thing above all else middle age is teaching me (nicely some days, brutally others), no matter what, just don't stop. Don't stop learning. Don't stop playing. Don't stop teaching. Don't stop loving. Just don't stop. All else is secondary, though occasionally accumulated injuries mitigate the speed with which the above can happen, don't let them stop the processes. (oh yeah, and try to stay positive about the whole thing! :)

William sends.