« Amazing. | Main | The Courage of Our Convictions »

May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's day to all the Moms out there. Today, I have just one thought for you ... think of it as a single, perfect rose:

A man never looks more desireable than when he's on the other end of a vacuum cleaner.

I realize that I will pay for this dearly, but it's Mother's Day. Have a happy one!

roses_mday.jpg

Posted by Cassandra at May 10, 2009 04:52 PM

Comments

Cassandra, here's wishing you a Happy Mother's Day too.

Posted by: Lela at May 10, 2009 05:40 PM

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Posted by: olga at May 10, 2009 06:39 PM

Hope you all had a wonderful day.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 10, 2009 08:15 PM

Happy Mother's Day, Cassandra, and all the other mothers out there. I stand in awe of you all.

And oh, yeah. Forget Corvettes and Harleys. Give me a guy with an ElectroLux anyday.

Posted by: Elise at May 10, 2009 08:16 PM

Girls are weird.

Happy Mother's Day.

Posted by: spd rdr at May 10, 2009 08:45 PM

Happy Mother's Day. I vacuumed yesterday. Today I cooked the ribs and took over the scullery. It is good to be home for Mother's Day.

Best to all.

Posted by: vet66 at May 10, 2009 09:14 PM

Happy Mum's Day to all! Here is a bit of pr0n for women, (gotta scroll down to see the pic).

Posted by: MathMom at May 10, 2009 09:38 PM

Actually, the request was for me to mow the lawn (3/4 of an acre, full of trees and shrubs, it takes some time).

Of course, that was after the dinner downtown at Joe's Stone Crab and Mezzanine tickets to see Jersey Boys.

Posted by: RonF at May 10, 2009 10:09 PM

And of course, happy Mothers' Day to you, Cass.

Posted by: RonF at May 10, 2009 10:10 PM

Happy Mother's Day to all of you too.

Posted by: Cricket at May 10, 2009 10:33 PM

If this were a different sort of internet site, I might be appalled by the potential imagery of a man on, ahem "the other end" of a vacuum...I shall say no more...I'm a bad person, yes, and I'm sure my mother would be cross if she saw this sort of post!

Posted by: sean at May 11, 2009 02:36 PM

Happy Mother's Day all!

Yes, I know it's Monday, but I got a new Mom at the house myself and playing on the Intertubes wasn't exactly the kind of day she was expecting :-)

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at May 11, 2009 07:13 PM

I would think being at *the other end* of the vacuum from a woman would give you one heck of a rub burn and hickie.

Not that there's anything wrong with finding that attractive...

Posted by: Suicide by Blog Princess at May 11, 2009 07:20 PM

sean...

I was literally counting the seconds until you jumped on that bad boy with both feet... err... um... I meant, "you're a very bad boy" :

/smack!!! :) (that is for you and Mr. Suicide by Blog Princess)

That's OK, Yu-ain. I started cooking and cleaning at 6 am yesterday :p

Explains why I was so happy to see the Unit wielding that vacuum. He doesn't have to do it all the time, but it sure was nice.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 11, 2009 07:46 PM

Je ne pense pas que pourrais fournir un commentaire qui n'aurait pas pour résultat une gifle au visage. Donc, je lirai juste en silence. ...

Man, is my french bad, or what? LOL

Posted by: Kbob in Katy at May 11, 2009 09:34 PM

That was pretty good :)

I needed a good laugh - thanks.

My French is completely rusty. I doubt I could string more than 3 words together if I had to do it suddenly. I can still read some, though :)

Posted by: Cassandra at May 11, 2009 10:43 PM

It's a beautiful day.

Question: If you have seven apples and take away two, how many apples do you have?

Posted by: spd rdr at May 12, 2009 12:21 PM

B....and, yes, that's my final ansah!

Posted by: Snark Le'Puss at May 12, 2009 12:52 PM

Depends on what you do with the apples.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 12, 2009 01:19 PM

Cowards.

Posted by: spd rdr at May 12, 2009 04:28 PM

Pppphhhhhtttthhh.

If you have seven apples and take two out of the group (but keep them) you still have seven apples. They are just in different places.

If you have seven apples and take two away to wherever you are going (and you're not coming back anytime soon) you have only two - the two you took away.

If you have seven apples and 'take away' two from some other place, you have seven plus two = a total of nine apples (if you're counting total apples over which you exercise ownership rights).

If you have seven apples and 'take away' two and dispose of them, you have five left.

This is why I fear lie detector tests....

Posted by: Cassandra at May 12, 2009 05:07 PM

"This is why I fear lie detector tests...."

If *they* had any sense, they'd fear you....
heh
I'd love to watch the inquisitor's reactions if you were ever made to do one, though.
*snnicker*
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at May 12, 2009 05:19 PM

How about one who's halfway through a honeydew list written on a roll of Charmin triple-ply?

One. Chore. Per. Square.

Happy severely belated Mom's Day -- I would've been here earlier, but "Going on the computer" didn't make the list...

Posted by: BillT at May 12, 2009 11:52 PM

Thanks, Bill :)

Honeydew lists. Now there is something I never did figure out how to work. I think that after 3 decades of marriage, if I ever did write one out, it would be 10 miles long :p

Posted by: Cassandra at May 13, 2009 07:16 AM

BillT, is that one chore per square including the plies?

Sounds like you are in deep...busyness.

Posted by: Cricket at May 13, 2009 07:22 AM

I would ask "Take away twowhat?"

Posted by: spd rdr at May 13, 2009 10:01 AM

Take two aspirin and call me in the morning.

Your bill is at the front desk. Thank you for your business.

Posted by: Doctor Pepper at May 13, 2009 11:36 AM

MMMMOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!! Wake up! Did you have too many of those drinks with the umbrellas again? We're hungry!

Posted by: KJ at May 13, 2009 01:38 PM

Quick! In six words or less explain the following headline:

Distraut Man Leaps From Ledge Uninjured

Posted by: spd rdr at May 13, 2009 01:56 PM

Ummm........

Unfinished Articles Я Us?
0>:~}

Posted by: DL Sly at May 13, 2009 02:50 PM

Distraut [Wo]Man Leaps From Ledge Uninjured

Story of my life.

Posted by: Visible Panty Lines at May 13, 2009 04:14 PM

Belated Mother's Day wishes?????

Come on gals...EVERY day is Mother's Day! Of course, that quip didn't go over very well with the spousal unit when I merely "relayed what I've heard". :)

NOW I have to back up that gratuitous comment by making my alter ego feel special EVERYDAY....(agreed....should be doing that anyway**sigh**)

Posted by: ziobuck at May 13, 2009 04:20 PM

Happy Mother's Day, Cass!

I had the male presence explained to me once in the following way: "there is never a man around when you are horny!"

Good grief, Charlie Brown, tip your shrink. This was one of the "asteroid strike" idiocies I have heard. Global Warming is second.

Posted by: Mark at May 13, 2009 05:43 PM

I guess this will probably sound corny but that's one of the best prescriptions for smooth sailing I've ever heard. Where women are concerned, an ounce of prevention is worth far more than a pound of cure.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 13, 2009 05:48 PM

No winners yet.

How about this one:

Memory Loss? Three Things to Remember

Posted by: spd rdr at May 13, 2009 05:57 PM

Not six words, but the irony of that headline reminds me of a conversation in The Hitchhiker's Guide

Arthur Dent: It's times like these that make me wish I listened to my mother growing up.
Ford Prefect: Why? What did she say?
Arthur Dent: I don't know! I wasn't listening!

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at May 13, 2009 06:37 PM

"there is never a man around when you are horny!"

Eh, so call me Ishmail.