« Good God! I'm Rich! | Main | Important Breaking News.... »

May 02, 2009

Missing the Point

Isn't "Tu Quoque", when used to refute an argument, commonly considered to be a logical fallacy?

Of course you have to get the point before you can refute the argument.

Posted by Cassandra at May 2, 2009 07:52 PM

Comments

I don't see any response to his main point regarding the sexy pinup on your blog. Are you simply going to ingnore that point?

Posted by: Infidel at May 2, 2009 08:59 PM

Well, Infidel, he ignored mine :p

However, I did address his main point. I said that trying to distract his readers with a 'tu quoque' argument that fails to address the point of my post, does nothing to refute my point.

I also pointed out that if Mr. McCain did intend to refute my point, he failed - mainly due to his either not understanding the point, or perhaps just because he ducked it entirely :p

Projection (in other words, accusing me of using a 'sexy pinup' graphic to attract more traffic via Google) is also not a particularly effective refutation. I don't see the slightest need to defend the graphic at the top of my site. Any of my readers who remember why it was put up there in the first place or why it remains up there now could set Mr. McCain straight.

Or, not :) Either way, I'm not terribly worried about it.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 2, 2009 09:39 PM

Speaking of Google whoring...

adorably gay polar bear

Oh yeah...
I rest my case.

Posted by: Knut The Adorably Psychotic Gay Polar Bear at May 2, 2009 10:25 PM

I've always enjoyed your graphic. I'm about an un-girly as they come, but I still appreciate the archetype of girly sexiness. Your pin-up is so unabashed and exuberant.

Posted by: Texan99 at May 3, 2009 10:09 AM

I think that's why my husband chose her.

He liked her playful and saucy attitude. Over the years, I've gotten more mail about her than I can count. She's not what I would have chosen to put up at the top of my site, but I, too, like looking at her.

She's cheerful, happy, and confident. And above all, she makes people smile.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 3, 2009 11:47 AM

I don't know about you all, but mine eyes are always glued on the spider monkey on the header.

Posted by: Boquisucio at May 3, 2009 11:49 AM

Completely understandable, old bean. It's the tail.

Donovan was making a wry statement about the way you horrid men constantly oppress women with your rampant sexuality...

...or maybe it's just a stuffed animal :p

Posted by: Cassandra at May 3, 2009 12:00 PM

OMG. I just realized I'm a tool of Teh Patriarchy.

The shame....

Posted by: Cassandra at May 3, 2009 12:15 PM

I be your pardon, missy. I am the one that feels like a TOOL. ;->

Posted by: Boquisucio at May 3, 2009 01:27 PM

OMG ;p

I'd forgotten about that! I read it the other day but inexplicably allowed myself to become distracted by spreadsheets.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 3, 2009 01:56 PM

I am truly tired. I thought I read 'bedsheets.'

Nighty night, all.

Posted by: Cricket at May 3, 2009 09:56 PM

MS. CRICKET!!!!!!!

Ah do declare....what the young women of the world think of when they are "tired"...although sometimes it is just as well as when they have an encounter with "the vapors", or worse, a strong mint julep.

:^D

Posted by: Kbob in Katy at May 3, 2009 11:17 PM

I like the "pinup" girl picture you use here, too.

She's sassy, or saucy...or something. ;-)

Posted by: camojack at May 4, 2009 03:33 AM

Fluffy?

Posted by: Cecil B. deBille, Lyricist at May 4, 2009 04:41 AM

I like the "pinup" girl picture you use here, too.

That's why she's still up there, Camo :)
I didn't have the heart to take her down after that 4th of July post.

I will admit that I have little or no desire to look at beefcake and even less desire to post it, but then men and women are probably different for a reason :p

If you guys like looking at her, that is enough for me.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 4, 2009 04:49 AM

Pert!

Guys *love* pert!

Posted by: BillT at May 4, 2009 05:42 AM

Posted by: Cassandra at May 4, 2009 06:31 AM

I like her garter belt, myself. Plus the hair: it shows she a no-nonsense individual.

Posted by: Joy McCann at May 4, 2009 06:57 AM

I always thought she was cute. Pretty, even wholesome looking with that hint of naughtiness re: the garter belt and that expression on her face. She is harmless. Beefcake to me would be Sean Connery.

*drool*

As to the fatigue, I have been pulling some all-nighters in studying. I want to maintain my A average and not being Soopreemly Smart in math, I have been researching missing steps, since the text I have has left them out. The math class I am taking is designed for 'liberal arts' majors.

The way the book was edited is a huge clue; some sections provide hand holding, group therapy, a toll-free number and a website. Other sections (like the one on trigonometry) just about want you to either place the book on your head or sleep with it under your pillow.

I hate that.

Posted by: Cricket at May 4, 2009 07:41 AM

Thank you for proving exactly what Cass meant by "missing the point".

You see, around here, we accept that admiration of female beauty and civil (or uncivil) behavior are 2 completely different things.

It's like the relationship between dissent and patriotism. There is patriotic dissent and unpatriotic dissent. One can be against unpatriotic dissent without having to be against dissent itself.

As such, around here, we unaplogically like beautiful women, but we do try to be respectful with it.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at May 4, 2009 01:13 PM