« The Politics of Fear | Main | Good God! I'm Rich! »

May 02, 2009

Tit for Tat?

Glenn Reynolds:

It’s stuff like this that makes all the “have you no decency, sir?” stuff from the left hard to swallow.

Couldn't agree more. But then stuff like this makes all the "have you no decency?" stuff from the right hard to handle, too:

I am not going to name the distinguished conservative academic who e-mailed me a link to a site titled, "CARRIE PREJEAN NAKED." However, I do want to serve notice that anyone who thinks they can out-pander me has got another think coming. When it comes to random-Google keywords, nobody out-panders the Rule 5 King.

I'm No. 1 on "Carrie Prejean bikini," and if somebody's aced me out on "Carrie Prejean nude," or "Carrie Prejean naked," or "Carrie Prejean upskirt," I'm not going to give in without a fight.

BTW, the photo above is meant to illustrate my earlier argument (I'm currently the No. 4 Google return on "Carrie Prejean fake boobs") that Miss California USA is implant-enhanced. One of the commenters has referred to the clearly evident "refund gap" between Miss Prejean's suspiciously globular breasts.

Having done extensive hands-on field research from 1973-1988, I'm an authority on varieties of female pectoral configuration. Miss Prejean's chest is a phenomenon not found in nature. There is no purely biological possibility of a girl that skinny having breasts that large, perfectly spherical in shape, and separated by several inches of flat sternum. Trust an expert: Those boobs are as unnatural as "Adam and Steve."

Thank heavens we're so much better than they are. Unlike the Left, we uphold virtue by calling out the whores and sluts in our midst. To do anything else would be to allow the other side to control the terms of the debate - to surrender to political correctness.

And we can't have that, can we? After all, we know right from wrong.

****

Note to self: never put the word "tit" in a post title again.

If you read this, you may also want to read this update.

Posted by Cassandra at May 2, 2009 02:45 PM

Comments

I know port from starboard.
It's the "right" and "left" thing that confuses me.

Posted by: spd rdr at May 2, 2009 03:03 PM

All I know is this:

When the justification for our actions is no longer what is right but what benefits me, what makes me feel good, or what allows me to win, there is no longer any meaningful difference between us and those we oppose.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 2, 2009 03:10 PM

Women will always be objectified, no matter the ideological sway of the man.

Was it juvenile and silly? Yes. I don't even get the idea that he is being serious, it is almost a parody of Ace's site.

Posted by: Joan of Argghh! at May 2, 2009 03:45 PM

Was it juvenile and silly? Yes. it is almost a parody of Ace's site.

I believe I'll just let that one simmer for a while. :p

Posted by: Cassandra at May 2, 2009 04:08 PM

Pariz Hilton is just jealous.

Posted by: Cricket at May 2, 2009 06:14 PM

Is that who the moron on the video was? I pay no attention to those people.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 2, 2009 07:22 PM

If you are talking about the judge who asked her the question, yes. Perez Hilton is...do not get me started. Flaming.

I was absolutely stunned at his response. She gave an honest answer that included the 'C' word.
You know, choice?

The other mccain...forget about him. Ms. Prejean is a sweet young lady who stood for what was right and she will be vindicated.

Posted by: Cricket at May 2, 2009 08:41 PM

Nup. Wrong one. Perez TV with the funky hair. The commentator who was in the green shirt...another Vyctym of the Vote. Glen Reynolds sucking up like a vacuum that space abhorred...and still vacuous.

She has fakes. Big deal. Doesn't mean she is 'less' because of it. If anything, the flaming ones have come out to attack, all because she was PRO-CHOICE. Her detractors miss that and focus instead on her personal belief, which they are seeking to change. She cannot have a conscience.

Posted by: Cricket at May 2, 2009 08:50 PM

She has handled herself with grace and composure in a difficult situation. It's a shame that her breasts seem to have become more important than what she said, but we have the freedom to pay attention to what we value.

What a lesson for our daughters.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 2, 2009 10:13 PM

The difference between the right and left on this is humor.

Posted by: Jimmie at May 2, 2009 11:16 PM

Ah. I missed the humor in the whores and sluts references, but it must be because I'm such a rabid feminist :p

Posted by: Cassandra at May 2, 2009 11:43 PM

She is a good capitalist! She supported the stimulus and managed to get an evil corporation to pay for them.

I wish the libs would make up their minds about what they want.

Posted by: Russ at May 3, 2009 01:54 AM

Heh. Is that what she did? I haven't read much at all about her, other than the story about how she answered the question at the pageant. Seemed a lot of 'to do' about not very much. But good on her, if that's what she wants. Not sure I understand why such a gorgeous young lady felt she needed to have major surgery to be more attractive, but judging from the comments I've read, her judgment was dead on :)

I wish the libs would make up their minds about what they want.

As best as I can determine, they want women to be "free" to do whatever they want without facing any consequences... so long as in so doing, they don't inadvertantly make a man happy or violate some progressive dictum. In that case, they're helpless, self loathing victims.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 3, 2009 08:14 AM

All in all, it's just a sad commentary when a cretin of the subcalibre of a Perez Hilton (a pseudonym - i.e. - A FAKE) can trash another human being for their choices and for stating their views on any issue.

Perez, go back to the SanFran Bath Houses...there's still plenty of room for you. Your writings are catty at best, and purile on the whole. You seem to define "attention whore" pretty well.

Posted by: Kbob in Katy at May 3, 2009 09:55 AM

"They want women to be 'free' to do whatever they want without facing any consequences... so long as in so doing, they don't inadvertantly make a man happy or violate some progressive dictum. In that case, they're helpless, self loathing victims."

Love it.

Posted by: Texan99 at May 3, 2009 10:15 AM

Oh, I think we all understand those implants were forced on Ms. Prejean by a selfish and exploitative patriarchy packed to the gills with greedy corporate fat cats.

If only she'd been a sex worker! Then we could all celebrate the whole breast enlargment thing as a beautiful, proud assertion of the power of female sexuality!

But alas! She degraded herself by allowing herself to be exploited by a beauty pageant.

Oh, the humanity!!!!

Posted by: Stop Oppressing The Multiverse with your Giant Breasts!!!! at May 3, 2009 11:53 AM

"As we all know, beauty pageants force helpless women to display their bodies for the enjoyment of sexist men (ooh! redundancy alert!) caught between the irrestistable dictates of their own biological hard wiring and their outrage at the oversexualization of society and the loss of feminine modesty and virtue.

Oh, the humanity!!!!

Jim Fowler is on assignment, studying the fraternal order of adolescent elephants, so I will cover this patriarchal pressured, silicon stuffed, surgically tweaked, evolutionary side-step trend towards attracting notice in the next episode of Mutual of Omahgawd's Wild Kingdom.

It's a tough job...

Posted by: Marlin Perkins at May 3, 2009 12:31 PM

With you, the giving never stops, does it? :p

Posted by: Cassandra at May 3, 2009 12:46 PM

hmm. i think i'll go sit on the couch with the rabid feminists.

Posted by: kate at May 3, 2009 06:37 PM

Rabbits are feminists?

Geez, I mean, no wonder, seeing as how they're kept constantly pregger

Oh. Rabid.

Disregard.

Posted by: BillT at May 3, 2009 06:58 PM

I can't help but noticed, in his "whores" and "sluts" posts, that Miss Prejean was not mentioned as either one. Indeed, his points in both didn't touch on beauty pageants of any sort at all.

There was a vast difference in the over the top humor of the post that bothered you and the far more serious posts about how the left is purposefully pushing our young women not toward beauty pageant runways but to actual and damaging sexual activities long before they are ready to handle them.

The three posts are not at all related, except that they involve women. I think you read the situation exactly wrong this time.

Posted by: Jimmie at May 3, 2009 11:48 PM

I don't believe I said she was, nor that beauty pageants had anything to do with my argument. You are entitled to your opinion, Jimmie. I simply don't share it. If, in your opinion, the 'whores' and 'sluts' references weren't intended to be humorous, where does that leave us?

Oh. Back to my original point.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 4, 2009 12:09 AM

hmm. i think i'll go sit on the couch with the rabid feminists

No - it's... rabid feministis against booby blogging!.

I believe under the new intentionalism theory, the reader gets to reframe what the writer said to gin up a one-sided flame war.

And then write multiple posts arguing a point that was never in contention.

And then get their feelings hurt if you say, "Ummm... I think you may have missed the point there."

I give up. But what can you expect? I have a "sexy pinup" in my banner :p

Posted by: Cassandra at May 4, 2009 01:27 PM

"But what can you expect? I have a "sexy pinup" in my banner."

I would expect mazola oil and visqueen at the very least....but that's just me. Maybe some whipped cream and cherries if you were feeling in an uncharacteristically generous mood. Or maybe egg salad.
But, again, that's just me, wishful thinking.

Posted by: Snarkammando at May 4, 2009 01:34 PM

All I know is that unless I am successful in wiping every single boob from the face of the InterTubes, I can never have another egg salad party.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 4, 2009 01:43 PM

"I'm thinking of making it my mission in life to rid the Internet of men who like looking at pretty women :p"
Culling the herd as it were, eh what? Not sure that the species would survive such a culling, even if it were possible.

And what would we have left? Entertainers and their Klingons, progressive politicians/constituents and fashion designers?

In the name of all that is right, I ask you to not embark upon such a quest oh Princess. That would take the Wild right out of Kingdom.

Posted by: Marlin Perkins at May 4, 2009 02:20 PM

"How long do ya think it will take me to shame and oppress them all into bending to my evil will?"

Depends on your willingness to include egg salad in your tortuous methods.

Posted by: Snarkammando at May 4, 2009 02:24 PM

Actually, Marlin, wouldn't that be more likely to take the *King* out of Wild Kingdom? 'Twould then be a Wild Queendom - be they Drama, Diva or Flaming.
heh

Posted by: Snarkammando at May 4, 2009 02:27 PM

Dang. If you insist. But you know I was really hell bent on my one-woman jihad against untrammelled boobs and the men who love to look at them.

*sniff*

Posted by: Cassandra at May 4, 2009 02:43 PM

Well, putting up skimpy pictures would at least save you the trouble of having to track them down. :-)

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at May 4, 2009 02:50 PM

It could be the biggest *bait and switch* operation evah!!!

heh
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at May 4, 2009 02:53 PM

Yeeeeee OUCH!

Hey! Who just shot me with a dart?!

Very unsportin... unspor... *THUD*

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: Marlin Perkins at May 4, 2009 02:55 PM

*sniff*

Hankie?

Posted by: BillT at May 4, 2009 03:00 PM

Good point. But then all life on earth as we know it would end....

Because like a laser beam, McCain honed right in on my argument: that photos of pretty women will be the death of us all! Fortunately, he and his friends have now written 3 novellas and a full length feature film in devastating rebuttal of a point he didn't "not understand".

The human race has been saved from the evil feminazis :p

The blogosphere is a weird place. Sometimes the comedy just writes itself.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 4, 2009 03:10 PM

Cass,

Are you a feminazi? Gee...I finally "know" one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Semper Fidelis, my friend. And as the Coasties say Semper Paratus.

It is my honor to "know" you as I do.

KP

Posted by: kbob in Katy at May 4, 2009 04:14 PM

Sometimes the comedy just writes itself.

And for those times that it doesn't, there's -- *us*!

Posted by: BillT at May 4, 2009 04:16 PM

Cass: Are you a feminazi? Gee...I finally "know" one.

In 3 1/2 heels, no less!