« Hey :) | Main | Back Door Draft? »

June 09, 2009

Blogging

I know that I said I'd be back Monday, or make a decision, or something to that effect.

Work is really insane right now and I just don't have the time or the desire to write at the moment. Anyway, I didn't want to have people wondering what was going on. Thanks to everyone who has written. I truly appreciate the kind words.

Anyway, I did want to get something up. Not trying to cause a fuss. I'm just busy right now.

Posted by Cassandra at June 9, 2009 10:52 AM

Comments

Whoever said work was sane? Comparable to the recent article from the now dumpster-diving previously employed? supporting the hopeandchange guy who now refer to themselves as the "fun-employed.

Oh the humanity! Who will sell the futons and aroma therapy packets? Who will redesign Obama's next Oracle At Delphi set as he brings the updated version of the Ten Commandments from Mt. Sigh Now to foggy bottom for the breathless heathens worshipping at his feet while hanging on his GODist's every word? The newly designed halo with the imbedded rainbow will have to wait.

Better to be busy and employed than bored!

Posted by: vet66 at June 9, 2009 11:35 AM

Heh. This time *I* didn't add to your email "Whassup?" load...

I've kinda figured out the fugue sked based on comment-stream analysis.

Posted by: Help! I'm being Oppressed! at June 9, 2009 12:41 PM

I wasn't expecting anyone to email me. That is why I closed the comments on the last thread - so people would not feel they had to say something.

I just wanted to acknowledge and thank the people who did take the time to write :)

Posted by: Cassandra at June 9, 2009 12:59 PM

Glad to see the 'toon didn't add to your consternation.

Posted by: BillT at June 9, 2009 01:21 PM

Sometimes we need a break. You tolerate a lot from we heathens, so I, for one, fully understand.

Come back when you are ready to enter the furball fray again.

Pax Vobiscum

Bonum certamen certavi, cursum consummavi, fidem servavi.
- 2 Timothy 7

KP

oh, PS - got one of those notes "Wouldn't you like to spend some time in an exotic location...rugged mountain scenery, with an opportunity to make a difference???" We should talk.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted by: Kbob in Katy at June 9, 2009 01:27 PM

Heh :)
Nice to be popular, no es verdad?

Posted by: Cassandra at June 9, 2009 02:01 PM

pshah....I can do better -- everything he said with one caveat:
"...an opportunity to make a difference in the alcohol level of a bottle of rum, gin, or vodka."
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at June 9, 2009 03:06 PM

I like the opportunity that Sly is offering...

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at June 9, 2009 03:21 PM

The Blog Princess is very popular in deed. You can take a brief hiatus if your batteries need recharging; I won't take it personal.

Just don't forget to feed Coco-the-spider-monkey up in your header title.

Posted by: Boquisucio at June 9, 2009 03:28 PM

I'm sure you've noticed the awful crisis plaguing society today. Millions of adults are suffering from Tragically Low Blood Alcohol Levels (TLBAL). And as the sun pulls over the yardarm, the problem can only get worse.

Some may wonder: why this is happening. What can be done? Who is to blame for this scourge? And most importantly, when will the Obama administration nationalize the brewery industry and ensure no American ever has to face an 8 hour work day sans the frozen concoctions that help us hang on?

We need your help, lest throngs (or in BillT's case, thongs) of thirsty workers become so desperate that they turn to dihyrodren monoxide.

Fish poop in that stuff, you know.

We at the SAVE THE BEER CANZ are working day and night to find a cure for TLBAL. For only pennies a day, you can save a bus driver or nuclear power plant operator from the tragedy of sobriety. Your generous donation will help them make the switch from caffeine to Schlitz malt liquor. Beer won't be just a breakfast drink anymore.

Please give generously. Send your checks, credit card numbers and money orders to help sober adults get that desperately needed buzz on. Each month, we'll send a photo of your adopted worker barfing in the employee lounge, proudly demonstrating their Sexual Tourette's syndrome***, or telling their bosses to f*** the (*&^%$#@# off.

It only takes a few pennies a day to bring hope to an alcohol starved adult. But the life you change may be your own.

***uncontrollable outbursts of inappropriate touching

Posted by: Sally Struthers at June 9, 2009 03:41 PM

Short version:

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy!

Present company excluded of course... =;^}

Posted by: bthun at June 9, 2009 05:10 PM

*digging through neighbor's garbage cans (hey, I live in Southern Coliformico) for discarded ACORN donor lists*

Um.....you forgot to give the website for credit card donations.

Posted by: DL Sly at June 9, 2009 05:13 PM

Hey!!!

I resemble that remark.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at June 9, 2009 05:15 PM

[munching on a doughnut]

"Mmmmppphhhffff... [snork!] did you say something???"

Posted by: Sally Struthers at June 9, 2009 05:19 PM

Beer is God's way of telling us that he loves us and wants us to be happy.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at June 9, 2009 05:42 PM

The website........?

How are all these people *waves list* supposed to donate to this worthy cause if you don't give the website?

And why do you have that doughnut!? You didn't eat your meat, how can you have that doughnut if you don't eat your meat?
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at June 9, 2009 05:49 PM

I guess I'll post something new too...it's been about 2 months. Of course, I didn't get many comments last time, so... :-(

Posted by: camojack at June 10, 2009 01:14 AM