« Conyers: "But .... All The Other Reps Are Taking Theirs!" | Main | In Loco Parentis: Safford and the Female Judge Effect »

June 26, 2009

Tap Tap Tap....

*sounds of over-amplified blown air*

Is this thing on?

Presenting the "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" Friday Tune....
heh

*opens beer can, takes long drink*
Ahhhhhhh.......
Salute!
0>;~}

Posted by at June 26, 2009 05:27 PM

Comments

I'm gonna pop the cap on a cold bottle of Fat Tire Amble Ale, and enjoy the music.

Posted by: MathMom at June 26, 2009 07:06 PM

GAD! AmBER Ale, not AmBLE Ale. You'd think I'd already popped the cap on the other five bottles in the six-pack.

Posted by: MathMom at June 26, 2009 07:07 PM

Actually, I kinda liked Amble Ale. That may become permanent vernacular.
heh
0>;~}

*tips beer in general MM direction*

Posted by: DL Sly at June 26, 2009 07:29 PM

I think the Amble came from the cadence of the music. Sorta shuffling along, hands in pockets, kicking up a bit of dust.

Posted by: MathMom at June 26, 2009 07:35 PM

All the more reason to like it.
0>;~}

Fits right in with Wookie Time, too.
heh

Posted by: DL Sly at June 26, 2009 07:45 PM

I'll have me a mojito. Rum seems to make life better at times.

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at June 26, 2009 08:02 PM

Mojito?
Okie dokie.

*starts digging through alcohol cabinet*

Another Amble Ale, MM?
Salsa?
0>;~}

*turns up music on the stereo*

Posted by: DL Sly at June 26, 2009 08:32 PM

Yeshhiree, I'll amble another ale. Shalsha shounds good too...(*snore*)

Posted by: MathMom at June 26, 2009 08:59 PM

*pulls blanket up over MathMom, changes music to something more 'nocturnal'*

Posted by: DL Sly at June 26, 2009 10:02 PM

(*snuffle, clearing throat, coff coff, opening one eye*)

Did someone step on the cat?

Posted by: MathMom at June 26, 2009 10:46 PM

Very cool. I really like Rob Thomas - I've got his "Something to be" album.

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at June 26, 2009 11:22 PM

Oh, hey, MathMom! You're *back*.
0>;~}
*turns stereo back up*

I got 'cher Amble Ale right here.
Sorry, the salsa's gone.

Posted by: DL Sly at June 26, 2009 11:37 PM

Hey, Miss Ladybug! How are you this evening? Glad you liked the tune, I've been a fan of Santana's music almost as long as the man's been making it.

Posted by: DL Sly at June 26, 2009 11:44 PM

Good music, a couple of comedians (you guys are cracking me up), and a bottle of Sam Adams makes for a good Friday night.

Posted by: Russ at June 27, 2009 12:30 AM

Hey, Russ. Nice of ya to stop by and tip a beer with us.

Peanuts? Sorry, the salsa's all gone, and the avo's aren't ripe enough for guac. But, hey, the beer's always cold and the music'll have ya bobbin' yer braincase and tappin' yer toes.

Posted by: DL Sly at June 27, 2009 01:56 AM

And just in case y'all's toes weren't tappin'.....
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at June 27, 2009 02:43 AM

Although I prefer a mojito poolside, tonight its a dirty martini for me.

Posted by: a former european at June 27, 2009 03:43 AM

Sorry I missed the party. Twas due to a DHMO (Dihydrogen Monoxide) line break on the basement beer/alcohol chiller and ice maker. Walkin' Boss and I had to don DHMO-proof boots/togs, grab the ole Wet/Dry, and turn to on the cleanup lest the Fed's discover the spill. Had that happened there surely would have been stacks of paperwork, fines, regulations and oversight. Not to mention the potential for many of my newly classified edged weapons to have been confiscated.

But now, having completed a successful containment/cleanup effort and not nary a snail-darter, barn owl, baby seal or possum on the half-shell lost in the process, I will be beside the pool this evening contemplating my soon to be regulated Federal gub'ment outlaw status by offering serial salutes to our men and women in harms way along with salutes to all ya'll out VC's way and the U.S. Constitution/BoR. From my cold, dead and somewhat puckered due to extended exposure to DHMO, hands!

If you would, I'd ask that you offer hearty a welcome home salute to Grim.

Now for a little music to set the tone for the day/evening.

492 days and a wakeup! Think Cap and Oust - aka TERM LIMITS via the ballot box.

Posted by: bt-the resident-curmudgeon_hun at June 27, 2009 11:09 AM

I was taking a practice test last night for the ESL/Generalist EC-4 exam I am taking this afternoon. Unfortunately, I've not been able to take the time to do all my blog reading and commenting lately like I like to do, so I spared a little time last night to take a peek in here. Have to be at the testing location in about 3 hours...

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at June 27, 2009 11:22 AM

*looks around Darkcorner area, nods head*

Not a bad evening....better get this cleaned before the Princess gets back.

*cranks up tunes*

Posted by: DL Sly at June 28, 2009 02:49 PM

*drops corner of carpet over pile of dirt*

There....and before the Princess got home, too.
heh

*cracks open beer*
Time to chill.

Posted by: DL Sly at June 28, 2009 06:01 PM

Hot Jaw'ja night, just hobbled back up the hill from the stable... After all the weekend news on the machinations of our gub'ment, this one fits my mood.

Find a tall oak tree, round up all those bad boys...

SALUTE!

Posted by: bt-the resident-curmudgeon_hun at June 28, 2009 08:50 PM

*drops corner of carpet over pile of dirt*

*khaaaak!*

*p-thooo*

Watch the dust next time, huh?

Now, if you chilluns want chillin', this one's so cool, it's frigid...

Posted by: BillT at June 29, 2009 05:21 AM

Cool on Monday morning!?

At this point on my chronological plot, to heck with cool, I need caffeine and auditory stimuli to raise the ole blood pressure to acceptable levels.

Since the trend has been rock, I'll just say don't try to lay no boogie woogie on...

Posted by: bt-the resident-curmudgeon_hun at June 29, 2009 10:19 AM

Sorry to have missed the party, but the song was a much needed lift for a Wednesday morning :)

Posted by: Cassandra at July 1, 2009 08:02 AM

*slides stool over lump under carpet*

Party?! What party?? We would *never* throw a party without you, Boss.

*tucks nearly-empty bottle of rum into cabinet corner*
0>;~}

Nobody here but those Huntin'Peckin' Eskimos and moi. And I'm only here because I have a new shipment of brain wash scheduled to arrive today -- for which the aforementioned editorial staff refused to even take a momentary break to go sign for.....something about getting a whole sh!tload of work dropped on them by the "slavedriver" and it's gotta get typed up or their feces will be fired.....something like that anyway. Yanno, they are very hard to understand when they get all worked up.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at July 1, 2009 05:29 PM

This morning, at about OhSixThirty, this adolescent character appeared outside the Hun hovel looking for a party, or the deer's corn feeder. I told him to drop back by Friday, around beer-thirtyish and BYOFish. He nodded and walked off.

Now what I wanna know is how the secret party became known so far and wide?

Posted by: bt-the resident-curmudgeon_hun at July 2, 2009 10:50 PM