« | Main | Lord Have Mercy »

July 22, 2009

Crime Doesn't Pay...

...and apparently, neither does "Art":

504x_504x_Traffic_Barrel_Monster_01.jpg

Via a certain Colorado Cat

Posted by Cassandra at July 22, 2009 04:16 AM

Trackback Pings

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.villainouscompany.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/3017

Comments

I'm kinda fuzzy on this "law" thing. 1) The company who was "victimized" likes the guy's art and wants another one. Why has he been "sentenced" in the first place? Granted the judge sounds like he did what he could, but.... I just don't understand. I do like the idea in the comments about considering the time to make the "monster" as community service in the first place. I also really like the idea that more of them could be made and placed in other traffic constrained areas.... Yeah, like Smokey the Bear, but for car drivers....

William sends.

Posted by: William at July 22, 2009 03:34 PM

I think about 60% of the reason is just crony capitalism, which makes me want to get out pitchforks and torches. But the other 40% is that the financial system is prone to systemic collapse in a way that the auto industry isn't. If Chrysler collapses, that won't bring down Toyota. But losing just one investment bank nearly crashed all of them, plus quite a lot else.

Posted by: psp bildschirmschutz at December 30, 2009 04:31 AM

Post a comment

To reduce comment spam, comments on older posts are put into moderation 5 days after the last activity. Comments with more than one link also go into moderation. If you don't see your comment after posting it, try refreshing the screen. If you still don't see it, your comment is probably in the moderation queue.




Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)