« Whatever... | Main | About Time »

July 10, 2009

Disturbing Thought For the Day

You cannot use cooking spray to take a goat out of a tree.

In all honestly, I can't say I didn't have my suspicions but you must admit it's disheartening to have it stated so baldly.

Update: speaking of baldly...

The Editorial staff do not even begin to know what to say about this.

Posted by Cassandra at July 10, 2009 01:17 PM

Comments

That's why you get someone to look in on yer animals when you go to Seattle on vacation.

As funny as the cooking spray is, the goat could have died.

Posted by: Cricket at July 10, 2009 01:40 PM

And, if the goat had died, the cooking spray would have definitely come in handy.

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at July 10, 2009 02:36 PM

You cannot use cooking spray to take a goat out of a tree.

I don't know, meat usually does shrink a bit after you cook it and you don't want it to stick to the tree.

Oh... you meant alive. My bad.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at July 10, 2009 02:38 PM

Dinnertable conversations at Casa Cassantrita must be -- ummmmmmmmm -- *interesting*...

Posted by: BillT at July 10, 2009 02:47 PM

I am sorry to be a damper; I didn't mean it like that. I read stuff like that and can see the humor...it just struck me as odd that she would be on vacation and have it appear as if no one was looking in on them. Having said that...

Kids.

Posted by: Cricket at July 10, 2009 03:42 PM

I don't know what you're talking about, that's a great product!

Posted by: Mr. Clean at July 10, 2009 04:56 PM

I wouldn't have thought to call the Sheriff like she did.....but then I have a chainsaw, sharp knives and a big grill.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at July 10, 2009 05:08 PM

Just take a shot of someone's southern hemisphere as they are bending over. If necessary, doctor the image such that the garments are red. Submit the image to this site to increase the size of said image. Print the resulting image. Finally, place it on the ground, under the tree with only one corner tacked to the ground so it appears to wiggle. The goat will be unable to resist charging the shimmying red posterior.

The same effect was recently displayed by HIS IWONness.

Or ya can grab the .30-06 and invite the neighbors over for a BBQ...

Posted by: bt-the resident-curmudgeon_hun at July 10, 2009 05:39 PM

Sly, I will bring the sides.

Posted by: Cricket at July 10, 2009 05:40 PM

My husband suggests that you CAN get a goat out of tree with cooking spray if you have a lighter.

Posted by: Texan99 at July 11, 2009 11:54 AM

Pfui. Ever smell singed goat? Imagine a wet spaniel rolling on an over-ripe squirrel...

Posted by: BillT at July 11, 2009 02:27 PM

I prefer my goat de-haired before being singed.

It's a personal preference.

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at July 11, 2009 08:07 PM

You people are so picky.

Posted by: Cricket at July 12, 2009 10:22 AM

I started to say that three times last night but each time I remembered who as going to be putting the ice cold icing on for the next *big* scene from Mr. DeBille.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at July 12, 2009 12:25 PM

The first test of the ice-cold icing was successful.

The young ladies from the Fridgee commercial were kind enough to volunteer, and the results were successfully duplicated sixty-five times in a row.

Not Safe For Work

unless you work with male Dutch college sophomores who drink a lot.

On the job.

Not my fault -- Boq found it.

Posted by: BillT at July 12, 2009 02:35 PM

Not Safe For Work...

...unless you work with male Dutch college sophomores who drink a lot.

Or in a GSAB. With Hookers.

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at July 12, 2009 07:53 PM

Wow -- I got out of the GSAB just in time, then.

No Hookers, except for the occasional interloper from Wilkes-Barre.

*grinning at confused looks from Those Who Don't Hang Around Helicopters*

Posted by: BillT at July 13, 2009 04:01 AM

I'm not sure I'd call those interlopers from W-B "Hookers"...

And any time is a good time to get out of the GSAB. Not a fan.

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at July 13, 2009 05:47 AM

"Gregory is used to being the go-to guy when his neighbors need help, whether that means rescuing people from floods and fires or burying a dead horse."

What a guy this Gregory is. I wonder if he can fix a flat unicycle tire?

Posted by: man riding unicycle naked at July 13, 2009 03:50 PM

He could if he reads Tigerhawk.

Posted by: DL Sly at July 13, 2009 05:00 PM