« Identity, Bias, and the Reasonable Man Standard | Main | When Victory is a Dirty Word »

July 24, 2009

Feel Good Vid of the Day

If you have a sense of humor, nothing in life can keep you down for long.

Thanks to Chris McH. for making me grin like a complete fool :)

Posted by Cassandra at July 24, 2009 02:03 PM

Comments

Heh. Like, disco needed *another* nail in its coffin...

Posted by: BillT at July 24, 2009 02:51 PM

My darling. My precious love. Today is the first day of the rest of our marriage. And by the way, my friends are going to crash here for the next few months until they can get their own place.

Posted by: spd rdr at July 24, 2009 07:21 PM

When I first saw these souls, these happy souls, rejoicing on this day in their commitment to each other... I was, I was struck by, I, I, I saw the light!

Posted by: Elwood Blues at July 24, 2009 07:45 PM

Fifty years from now, there will be many-a-grandchildren mortified. :-)

Posted by: Boquisucio at July 24, 2009 08:15 PM

Ahh....but Boquisucio, while the grandkids may be mortified, it was just so much fun! And who knows, those grandkids may be just a little bit proud of their goofy, but happy, grandparents! Lots of smiles to go around.....that's for sure!

Posted by: lela at July 24, 2009 08:20 PM

Fun. Ha. What do you know.
I didn't raise my daughters for 20-something years and pay umpt-teen million dollars so that they could graduate with advanced degrees in womanology just so they could have "fun" at a wedding that, let me remind you, I'M PAYING FOR. You kids want to have fun? Join the %^$# Peace Corps and get married in some swamp in East Asia.

Otherwise, I'm all good after they cue "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang.

Posted by: Old Mr. Wilson at July 24, 2009 08:46 PM

I want to know where they found that many white guys that could dance...

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at July 24, 2009 09:37 PM

... I was, I was struck by, I, I, I saw the light!

I think they were more struck by this light:

Posted by: BillT at July 25, 2009 07:04 AM

I want to know where they found that many white guys that could dance...

They spent hours watching films of us going into hot LZs, dodging bullets in formation.

'Course, we usually didn't wear boutonnieres...

Posted by: BillT at July 25, 2009 07:11 AM

Words fail me. What was the slo mo thing at the end? To separate the attendants into their respective gender interpretations?

Inquiring minds.

Posted by: Cletus' Cousin, Cloddyus at July 25, 2009 07:20 AM

Tain't natural Cloddyus, is it? Not the interpretive gender groupings, but the dancin'.

I guess this could explain it.

Posted by: Alstair Cooke's cousin Cletus at July 25, 2009 10:22 AM

I think it was a parody of some music video out there, but I"m not popculturally literate to tell you which one it was.

Posted by: Cassandra at July 25, 2009 10:27 AM

Why not go with the blatantly obvious?

Minus the launch off the six-story parking garage and the ninja-twirls, naturally.

Posted by: BillT at July 25, 2009 12:35 PM

I wish em the best, but I think I'll just go fish.

Posted by: Alstair Cooke's cousin Cletus at July 25, 2009 12:44 PM

If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, but if you *teach* a man to fish, he will buy a bass boat, a trolling motor, a Shakespeare rod and reel, and will spend the day in the middle of the lake -- drinking beer.

Posted by: BillT at July 25, 2009 01:33 PM

*belches, cranks a half-turn on the reel then looks up to the sky to see if that sneaky black helicopter is up there watchin'*

Posted by: Alstair Cooke's cousin Cletus at July 25, 2009 01:43 PM

I confess that when I was married, back in the dark ages, I went up the first half of the aisle alone. I had my husband meet me halfway and walk the rest of the way with me to the altar. Fairly dripping with revisionist symbolism, yes? But it looked kind of nice when this couple did it. And I don't care what the rest of you wet blankets say, I thought that was wonderful.

When they did the slo-mo thing I took that to be a "falling" motif (note the lyrics) and assumed it referred to an MTV video.

Posted by: Texan99 at July 25, 2009 06:57 PM

It's Friday, beer-thirty and way too quiet 'round he'ah. Let's bookend this here topic.

Posted by: Alstair Cooke's cousin Cletus at July 31, 2009 06:33 PM