« O-kay.... | Main | Brave New World »

July 03, 2009

Lame Blogging Alert

Sorry for the nonexistent blogging, guys.

I spent the last 36 hours unconscious, which (as one might imagine) makes it hard to type. Still recovering, but will have a 4th of July post up tomorrow.

Here are two good reads, though:

Miracles all around us

Barack Obama is NOT America:

... at her core, America is the mother who starts an organization in her kitchen to support some of her son’s brothers and sisters in arms, serving overseas. America is individuals seeing a need, and asking “how can I fix this? What can I do to help?”

America the beautiful that I see does not wait for a President to call them to one day of service. The America I love is the army officer whose career is dedicated to serving, and preserving his country, no matter who his CinC is. This same officer prays with his young son and wife as he heads off to Iraq. The America I know is full of special individuals who don't need to ask what they can do for their country. They are already busy doing it.

As the resident of the White House says she “has never been more proud of America,” the mother who welcomes her Marine son home from a warzone, as she bursts with jubilation, pride in her son and her country is the America I hold dear. She, and her son, ARE America.
As I look at America, I see the retired grandfather, who works longer hours now than he ever did, helping to make his community a better place, for the families in it.

Oh yes, Presidents come and go, but the real Americans I am blessed to call friends remain; it is they who ARE the America that most of the world never gets to see, as the msm perpetuates the mythology of the icon which is the President of the US – any president.

Read it all. Beautiful.

Posted by Cassandra at July 3, 2009 12:33 PM

Comments

I am not America. I just transport it so its work can be done.

Posted by: Hummer at July 3, 2009 01:11 PM

Yikes, unconscious for 36 hours! I hope you're well.

Here's a shot of noisy, digital adrenalin to get that ole Chrissy Matthews leg tingle going for the Independence weekend celebration.

Posted by: bt-the resident-curmudgeon_hun at July 3, 2009 04:01 PM

Speaking of Moms in the USA, Governor Palin exits stage right with half a million in debt to defend herself and her family against the slurs from the fearful left. Interesting that she makes the announcement over the 4th of July weekend so that the small people who tried to destroy her can marinade in their toxic stew of pre-emptive self destruction.

I can only hope that she rises to fill the vacuum that is the Republican leadership today. She can also stand up to the sexists, misogynists and insane activities of the far left. Call her primitive in comparison to the coastal elites and their gated communities of seperate and never equal communities. They called her out and she accepted the challenge.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned! We have had our first black president - how is that working out for us? Time to have our first female President with a "PAIR" not afraid to flaunt them! If I were Letterman, I would be looking over my shoulder! The same goes for that knothead Schmidt? running the campaign who refused to acknowledge her leadership abilities.

This extraordinary move will make my 4th of July one to remember! You go girl! Whatever the reason, you have my respect and admiration!

Posted by: vet66 at July 3, 2009 05:30 PM

Priceless. There was no rain in the forecast...

Posted by: Cricket at July 3, 2009 07:50 PM

Hmmm. Even a bear of small brain like me knows that's not good. Prayers going out to you.

Posted by: Bill B (AKA Theocoid) at July 3, 2009 09:25 PM

Sending thoughts and prayers.

Posted by: Cricket at July 3, 2009 10:33 PM

Cassandra, I hope that all is well with you. I haven't seen anybody effectively unconscious for 36 hours for fun since my long ago fraternity days--and I know that you're not and never were a drunken Pi K A at dear old State U.

Posted by: Mike Myers at July 3, 2009 11:49 PM

Sounds like your body is playing "Catch-Up" from a marathon bout of Real Life...

Posted by: BillT at July 4, 2009 03:28 AM

Feel better soon. And I hope you're recovered enough to enjoy Independence Day. (Perhaps you can ask for the silent fireworks display if your head is still wobbly.) It's gorgeous here in New Jersey and hope it's just as beautiful down your way.

Posted by: Elise at July 4, 2009 09:32 AM

I feel better today, thanks :) Just a bit groggy. Though I just got up a few minutes ago. For me, 6:30 is usually "sleeping in"!

Posted by: Cassandra at July 4, 2009 09:45 AM

Shake up a pomegranate martini and celebrate the Froth of July...

Posted by: BillT at July 4, 2009 11:56 AM