« First Rule of Holes | Main | AWOL »

July 26, 2009

Quote of the Day

“Integrity can be neither lost nor concealed nor faked nor quenched nor artificially come by nor outlived, nor, I believe, in the long run, denied”

- Eudora Welty

This is why I love men. I am humbled.

Via Little Miss Attila

Posted by Cassandra at July 26, 2009 11:28 AM

Comments

I'm telling you man, she bought the entire story!

Posted by: Mr. Eudora Welty - shortly before his untimely death at July 27, 2009 01:49 PM

Pppppphhhhhtttthh :p

Posted by: Cassandra at July 27, 2009 07:49 PM

Thank you for the sanity check.

Posted by: smitty at July 27, 2009 11:07 PM

I think that integrity can be faked, if only for a brief season. I've seen examples beyond number in the "lovely" world of politics...

Posted by: camojack at July 28, 2009 01:04 AM

"Sincerity is the most important thing in politics. Once you've learned how to fake that, everything else is easy."

Faking integrity is called hypocrisy, and that's been a Lib stock-in-trade for decades. They keep doing it because no one ever calls them to accountability, except when prosecutors get fed up and there are mass arrests resulting from sting operations...

Posted by: BillT at July 28, 2009 06:24 AM

Just a few words on integrity and Sarah Palin.

I think that I would carry 5 gallons of gasoline through a fire for her.

Watch her. She is not going to fade away or burn out.

Posted by: kbob in Katy at July 28, 2009 10:01 AM

I'm sorry that you're going to "step away" for a little while. From an occasional reader, I have become a daily and sometimes twice-daily reader. I do like to read your comments and essays for your common sense is all to rare these days.

Posted by: Peter Conover at July 29, 2009 08:03 PM