« The Best and the Brightest: Obama, Palin, and the American Dream | Main | Whatever... »

July 10, 2009

Somehow, We Just *Knew* We Were Special...

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere is
person with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

Posted by Cassandra at July 10, 2009 07:28 AM

Comments

There are 377 people in the US who share both my given and surnames.

Aaaaand, statistically-speaking, 99.72 percent of people with the first name William are male.

Of somewhat greater etymological and geneological interest is that there are 3,468 people in the U.S. with the last name Sly.

Posted by: BillT at July 10, 2009 08:46 AM

403,534 in the U.S. with the same first name. Statistically it is the 141st most popular first name? 99.9% of so named are male leaving(depending upon float precision) approximately 40 and a third females carrying that given name?! Sheesh, some parents...

There are 70,580 people in the U.S. with the same surname as the Hun's clan.

And there are 93 people currently in the U.S. with the same first and last name! One of which lives just a few miles from the Hun clan. We are often confused for each other by solicitors, junk mail offer distributors, and last summer, one house painting contractor. Database helk with a dash of Tales from the Twilight Zone.

Hmmm, maybe I'll ask the fellows in the Crown Vic if they're sure they're watching the right hovel when I take them their mid-morning refreshments.

Posted by: bt-the resident-curmudgeon_hun at July 10, 2009 10:19 AM

I'm so special the intarwebz 'could not display the web page.'

I guess I am classified.

Oh well. Back to working my way through CVP profits and graphs.

Posted by: Cricket, the Accounting Book Slayer at July 10, 2009 11:32 AM

There are fewer than 1,534 people in the U.S. with the first name Cricket.

There are fewer than 338 people in the U.S. with the last name Classified.

See? How easy was that?

Ummmm -- what?

Posted by: BillT at July 10, 2009 12:05 PM

I want to know how many folks there were with the first name:

Dark Lord

Posted by: Cassandra at July 10, 2009 12:07 PM

There are fewer than 1,534 people in the U.S. with the first name Dark Lord.

But there are several ribbon snakes with that moniker, one of which resides in a rock wall in the remote fastnesses of Outer Maryland...

Posted by: BillT at July 10, 2009 12:31 PM

Posted by: BillT at July 10, 2009 12:34 PM

The remaining .28 percent are deathly afraid of being *placed* in chili.

Posted by: BillT at July 10, 2009 12:36 PM

Dark Lord Sly
•There are 1 or fewer people in the U.S. named Dark Lord Sly.

Unlike you, though, I'm just weird.

Perhaps not quite as weird as those who actually named their child Darklord.....

Posted by: DL Sly at July 10, 2009 12:37 PM

If they were smart they would *all* be afraid of chili.
Although, on an existential level, they should revel in the fact that certain of their parts will survive and be made into obje' de' *something cool*. Well, they *should* revel until the rattle stops twitching and the tongue stops flicking in and out, anyway.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at July 10, 2009 12:48 PM

Ribbon snakes don't got rattles.

Not after they're old enough to slither out of the crib, anyway...

Posted by: BillT at July 10, 2009 01:00 PM

Awww. Gee whiz, Bill.

No wonder they callz you sugarbuttons.

Posted by: Cricket at July 10, 2009 01:36 PM

There are 1 or fewer people in the U.S. named Sly Wardrobmistress.

Big surprise.

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at July 10, 2009 02:40 PM

"Ribbon snakes don't got rattles."

Hence the use of the word "all" in the first sentence.....same with "...certain of their parts..." in the second.
*sigh*

Don't think I didn't suspect that a certain Someone might twist that to fit the need, so don't make me go all Blog Princess "Reading is FUNdamental" (in a cream cheese danish bikini) on your thong-clad (electric blue!) butt .......oh, wait, I just did.

*snnnicker*
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at July 10, 2009 04:29 PM

There are 1 or fewer people with my name in the United States. Fewer? Really?

Posted by: Elise at July 10, 2009 05:28 PM

Exhibit A: Aaaand statistically-speaking, 99.72 percent of ribbon snakes with the first name Dark Lord are deathly afraid of chili.

Exhibit B: If they were smart they would *all* be afraid of chili...they *should* revel until the rattle stops twitching...

Exhibit C: Ribbon snakes don't got rattles.

Exhibit D: Don't think I didn't suspect that a certain Someone might twist that to fit the need...

Yaaaaas. A certain Someone *did* twist that to "fit the need," *didn't* Someone?

Pass the chili, hold the rattles...

Posted by: BillT at July 10, 2009 06:59 PM

Chili was for breakfast.
No rattles, but lots of Tillamook cheddar and crackers.

Posted by: DL Sly at July 11, 2009 01:22 PM

Tillamook cheddar?

Is that what they call it when it's been sitting in the fridge next to the open can of John West salmon?

Posted by: BillT at July 11, 2009 02:35 PM

Ha! I remember that commercial. However, no way that can is in my fridge, open or otherwise, stinking up the cheese or anything else in there.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at July 11, 2009 06:56 PM

Geez, you mean you don't refrigerate the leftovers?

Oh, right.

Cat.

Never mind.

Posted by: BillT at July 11, 2009 07:25 PM

Actually, I don't like fish. (or pretty much any seafood for that matter) Yeah, I know, grow up on the PacNW coast and don't eat fish. My folks, however, loved fish, so when my Pop (who was a very good fisherman) found out that the base had a dory for the airmen to use -- and one of his buddies just *happened* to be a licensed skipper -- well, let's just say we had more fish in our meat locker than the Gorton family.
Call it accidental aversion therapy.

Posted by: DL Sly at July 12, 2009 01:59 AM

I grew up on the North Shore of Long Island (*years* before everybody from Brooklyn move out and destroyed it) and I haven't touched either clams or flounder in forty years.

Posted by: BillT at July 12, 2009 04:33 AM

There was only one me, and only one Woman Riding Four-Wheeler Fully Clothed. Just saying.

Posted by: man riding unicycle naked at July 13, 2009 03:54 PM

There's only one of me. Over a million with the same first name, but only 338 with the same last... Only one of my mom, one of my youngest sister, six of my dad & brother, 2 of my sister, but the other girl is married into the family name by a very distant cousin we don't really know...

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at July 14, 2009 12:32 AM