« Quote of the Day | Main | Is Obama Girls Ad Out of Line? »

August 12, 2009

Favorite People on the Right

John Hawkins has completed another one of his great blogger polls. I didn't have time to respond (even though the question was a great one) but wanted to make sure you all saw it:

...bloggers were allowed to make anywhere from 1-10 unranked selections and were allowed to choose anybody on the Right or generally perceived to be on the right that they liked: Republican, Conservative, Libertarian, politician, preacher, blogger, columnist, radio host, you name it!

Here's my list, in no particular order. I linked a few names readers might not be so familiar with. My list is pundit heavy since generally I'm most interested in ideas.

Walter Williams
Clarence Thomas
Condi Rice
George Bush
Charles Krauthammer
Grim (not sure he'd describe himself as "right of center", but that's probably where I'd place him on the political spectrum). He challenges my beliefs from a firm moral, ethical, and intellectual base of thought.
Charles Krauthammer
Debra Saunders
Robert J. Samuelson
Charlotte Allen - don't always agree with her, but she makes me think and has the courage to challenge the conventional wisdom.
The Armorer of Argghhh. A guy with a big, big heart and a huge pulsing brain he occasionally gives us glimpses of.
Andi Hurley. Don't even know where to begin with this lady. If they could bottle her, no one would need vitamins.

I'm sure I left out someone important - did this in a bit of a rush. But wanted to throw my choices out there in hopes of eliciting your picks.

Have at it, peoples.

Posted by Cassandra at August 12, 2009 08:09 AM

Comments

I like Krauthammer too, but twice as much as Walter Williams? I dunno . . .

Could I substitute Thomas Sowell for one of them?

Posted by: joe doakes at August 12, 2009 09:38 AM

8. Glenn Reynolds
9. Hugh Hewitt
10 Ann Coulter
11 My Wife
12 Mom

Posted by: vet66 at August 12, 2009 09:56 AM

Vet66 is absolutely right! Hindsight being twenty-twenty, Mom has always had an uncanny ability to be correct.

Posted by: RIslander at August 12, 2009 10:03 AM

Heh :)

I am honored to be in such elite company, vet66.

re: Moms. I remember when my sons thought I was the most wonderful thing since sliced bread :) Now, of course, they look up to their Dad and that's as it should be. But there is nothing better than having a little boy bring you a slightly wilted bunch of wildflowers with half the flowers missing, and I will always cherish those memories.

Raising my boys is still the most rewarding thing I've done in life. I'd do it over again in a heartbeat if I could.

Posted by: Cassandra at August 12, 2009 10:21 AM

Johnny Ramone "Punk is right wing."

God bless you, boy.

Posted by: spd rdr at August 12, 2009 10:27 AM

I will definitely second both Thomas Sowell and VDH, and add Larry Elder to the list.

Volokh and Reynolds for SCOTUS!

Posted by: Heartless Libertarian at August 12, 2009 10:48 AM

Well that is one I didn't expect, spd :p

Posted by: Cassandra at August 12, 2009 10:56 AM

You're very kind, Cass.

Thank you, also, Vet66. I appreciate the kind words.

Posted by: Grim at August 12, 2009 11:43 AM

Little things can change you in big ways.

Posted by: spd rdr at August 12, 2009 04:15 PM

Cassie - AWWWWWwwwwww. (Me too)

The nice thing about boys - when they grow up - they still love their moms. Even though the Marine!Goth is now married and a dad, I still get regular phone calls. Sometimes just to chat.

Posted by: Karla (threadbndr) at August 14, 2009 03:13 PM