« Identity Politics | Main | A Few Words From Nan Pelosi on Health Care »

August 09, 2009

Posted by Cassandra at August 9, 2009 04:21 PM

Comments

No, but I am having one of those years where I feel like a cigarette butt, and I keep seeing the sole of a shoe heading towards me.

Posted by: RIslander at August 9, 2009 05:23 PM

I'd like to make a joke about turning a Vegematic into a Margarita blender, but the honest truth is that I don't drink hard liquor anymore. Still, I think it'd be a good joke -- and possibly a reasonable practical solution, in the short term at least.

Posted by: Grim at August 9, 2009 05:32 PM

Yeah. I know the feeling.
Hang in there. :)

Posted by: Cassandra at August 9, 2009 06:14 PM

No, but I do occasionally have a week where I feel like I've been through a Bassomatic.

Posted by: Elise at August 9, 2009 06:20 PM

Well, that's pretty fishy.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at August 9, 2009 07:07 PM

I'm on the ground with RIslander.

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at August 9, 2009 07:38 PM

Yes. I'm watching videos of SEIU thugs brutalizing someone and then hearing whining that the opposite happened.

Who are you going to believe - me or your lying eyes?

Posted by: Anthem at August 9, 2009 09:49 PM

"Have you ever had one of those weeks when you feel like you've been through a Vegamatic?"

Yep....workin' on the 55th in a row now.
But a good friend assured me that the sun would shine again.....some day.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at August 9, 2009 10:07 PM

Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield.

Probably not too many would sympathize with the busted spreader on my sailboat; it got that way when I was raising the mast to go sailing on Saturday, and one of the shrouds got hung up. Oh well, Shi'ite happens, I guess I'll just have to order a new one now... :-(

Posted by: camojack at August 10, 2009 01:22 AM

I have submitted my labs, my test questions, and my discussion points. I am now crabby, tired, hungry and wanting to play and no one wants to party at 3 am.

Posted by: Cricket at August 10, 2009 03:09 AM

I've got 45 minutes between classes, Cricket.

Tag -- you're "it"...

*skittering over the T-wall and into the bunker maze*

Posted by: BillT at August 10, 2009 04:59 AM

Lordy, yes....

Posted by: Carrie at August 10, 2009 07:19 AM

Hah. Around here, a Vegematic would be considered massage therapy...

Posted by: BillT at August 10, 2009 08:33 AM

Yeah...a vegematic would be more like a spa pedicure right now...

I am not loving the Corps right now.

Posted by: Carrie at August 10, 2009 08:41 AM

Argghhh! *lies in wait next to 'rita-matic and then flies out, tagging Bill*

Posted by: Cricket at August 10, 2009 09:57 AM

Ain't it great - in Nancy Pelosi's world only non-citizens get to exercise a citizen's rights. A citizen exercising the right of dissent is a thug. You gotta luv it!

Posted by: RIslander at August 10, 2009 10:16 AM

Not for a while, but I've had a few beaver days recently. You know, just one dam thing after another.

Posted by: LittleRed1 at August 10, 2009 10:57 AM

*lies in wait next to 'rita-matic and then flies out, tagging Bill*

*gasp*

Not.

*wheeze*

In.

*koff*

Solar.

*wheeeeze*

Plexus.

*gasp*

Next.

*haaaack*

Time...

Posted by: BillT at August 10, 2009 12:02 PM

Those kinds of days I refer to as "One quick pass thru the CuisineArt!"

It's amazing how when THEY dissent, it's the highest form of Patriotism; when WE dissent, it's "Fishy" and "Disloyal"

*Raises periscope over wall to see if I can sneek behind Bill*

Posted by: edbdiver at August 10, 2009 12:03 PM

Yes. And my guts were flyin'!

Posted by: Kbob in Katy at August 10, 2009 01:07 PM

I am so sorry that a little poke caused you such pain. Promise to have kid gloves on at all times over doughy appendages.

*starts scanning for ebdiver as Bill is temporarily rendered speechless*

Posted by: Cricket at August 10, 2009 01:41 PM

It wasn't the poke so much as the fireplace poker you poked with...

*tosses distracting pebble behind Cricket to enable ebdiver to reposition*

Posted by: BillT at August 10, 2009 01:47 PM

*tosses 'nother pebble after ebdiver repositions to allow edbdiver to move, too*

Posted by: BillT at August 10, 2009 01:49 PM

Ah...I needed some ammo for the slingshot. Thanks!

Posted by: Cricket at August 10, 2009 04:58 PM

*picks up pebbles and throws them at BillT, grabs slingshot and then runs away, laughing maniacally*

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at August 10, 2009 10:57 PM

*trips Sly, wrestles slingshot from her, only to be squirted by her with her handy-dandy pocket water pistol.*

Posted by: Cricket at August 11, 2009 12:02 PM

*grabs towel from Sly's wardrobe mistress, starts to dry Cricket off briskly, remembers the poker just in time, hands towel to Cricket instead, lifts Sly out of the pebble pile, and*

Wardrobe! Bring the five-gallon bucket of white chocolate icing and set up the heat lamps! Rehearsal for Robert E. Lee Crossing the Alps in ten minutes!

Posted by: BillT at August 11, 2009 12:47 PM

*starts laughing so hard that hicupping commences*

Posted by: Cricket at August 11, 2009 10:03 PM

*wonders where the hell her towel went and goes running for another one, lest she stand there nekkid and catch a cold*

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at August 11, 2009 10:15 PM

*sneezes* Thag you very buch. Now that all the wildlife has been frightened to death, we need to reintroduce some new species. What is on the endangered list this week?

Posted by: Cricket at August 13, 2009 01:34 PM

The Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus.

Posted by: BillT at August 13, 2009 01:45 PM