« "It's the Commitment, Stupid" | Main | *snort* »

September 17, 2009

strange-people-public-transport-chicken-suits.jpgGinormous poultry. The subway during rush hour.

What could *possibly* go wrong?

Also, below the fold so I don't ruin anyone's breakfast, I turned myself into a 'toon!

toon.jpg

Posted by Cassandra at September 17, 2009 05:57 AM

Comments

Hmmmmm. I wonder how the blonde pic would turn out...

Posted by: BillT at September 17, 2009 07:05 AM

You missed the "chickens coming home to roost" snark?
This blog is some kinda plucked up. ;)

Posted by: smitty at September 17, 2009 07:11 AM

Hmmmmm. I wonder how the blonde pic would turn out...

Feelin' lucky, punk? :)

You missed the "chickens coming home to roost" snark? This blog is some kinda plucked up. ;)

Boids of a feather
Flock together. Hopefully,
Not wearing pleather.

Posted by: The Year of Living Dangerously at September 17, 2009 07:43 AM

They're just off to feather their nests.

Posted by: Cricket at September 17, 2009 09:46 AM

Hmmm, didn't know that there was a subway system in Leavenworth KS.

Posted by: Boquisucio at September 17, 2009 11:08 AM

Feelin' lucky, punk?

Heh. Not if I wind up with egg on my face...

Posted by: BillT at September 17, 2009 11:09 AM

On Labor Day I had the distinct pleasure (as opposed to a rrot canal) of taking the littlest rdr up to to NYC to see his beloved Yankees play the Tampa Rays in their new stadium. It was a long, long, 15 hour one day whirlwind of planes trains, automobiles, and city buses (made necessary because mrs. rdr was utterly unmovable regarding whether a rising seventh grader MUST be attend the first day of school to receive their edumacation, even if the only thing learned is a new locker assignment). But looking at this picture, I can't help but think that it's not a far cry from the impression my sheltered southern boy got from riding on the D Train and walking goggled-eyed down Broadway from Columbus Circle to Times Square.

He can't wait to go back. I like that.

Posted by: spd rdr at September 17, 2009 11:50 AM

Not if they are packing Cl├╝cks, Unkabill.

Posted by: Boquisucio at September 17, 2009 12:55 PM

Ohh, Shirley, there's a *better* pic to use....

*starts digging through pix folder*
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at September 17, 2009 01:15 PM

Don't you dare :)

Posted by: Cassandra at September 17, 2009 01:27 PM

*clicks on file*

Here's one with a whip...and.....huh? You say somethin'?
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at September 17, 2009 02:09 PM

You mean that lovely young lady with the compact in the header isn't you?

Color me disillusioned, and a little disappointed. (though I should hasten to add, the cartoon version is lovely, as well. It's just that the first woman's always been the *face* of Villainousness, for me...)

Of course, I'm here for the sparkling wit, not cheap titillation... (not that I'd turn down cheap titillation, y'understand... I'm just sayin')

Posted by: repsac3 at September 17, 2009 03:49 PM

You mean that lovely young lady with the compact in the header isn't you?

Good Lord, no!

My husband picked her out. Something about her (probably the attitude) reminded him of me a bit. But I'm not nearly that pretty and certainly not that young :)

Posted by: Cassandra at September 17, 2009 04:06 PM

It's the *snnark-a$$* glint in the eyes.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at September 17, 2009 04:12 PM

LEAVE ME MY ILLUSIONS, DAMMIT!!!! :)

Posted by: Cassandra at September 17, 2009 04:33 PM

It's the legs. Definitely the legs.

And maybe the battery-powered lipstick...

Posted by: BillT at September 17, 2009 04:41 PM

Legs. Period.

Posted by: spd rdr at September 17, 2009 05:17 PM

*seeing two hundred pound chickens just waiting to be fried the hun has an inexplicable compulsion to check the charge on his Peabody Labs Defibrillator*

Whoa! Walkin' Boss! It's the big one!

Posted by: bthun at September 17, 2009 06:23 PM

Yeah, guys. Keep in mind that you're discussing Grandma (soon to be the grandmother of not one, but two grand-progeny).

I used to have an 'about me' page with my photo. Great way of disabusing folks of the notion that I'm some sweet young thing (as though the 90 million times I remind people how OLD I am weren't sufficient!) :p

I'm flattered by the teasing, but let's keep it real, here. Kanye West can only be in one place at a time ...

Heh.

Posted by: Grandma Moses at September 17, 2009 09:59 PM

Right now in the Houston area the Chik-Fil-A franchises are having big promos with lots of giveaways. I though maybe les poulet had made an escape...but then our downtown light rail doesnt go underground. It's a bit damp in the sandy loam.....

I remain a breast and thigh man..... ;^P

Posted by: Kbob in Katy at September 17, 2009 10:30 PM

Something about her (probably the attitude) reminded him of me a bit.

It's the face. The cheekbones on the drawing are higher, but otherwise it's quite the same. Youth, or otherwise, notwithstanding.

Posted by: Grim at September 17, 2009 10:45 PM

Heh. Chick-fil-a uses the cows... If the Astros hit one of the foul poles at Minute Maid, and you attended the game, the stub gets you a free sandwich or something...

I'm thinking that "cartoon" image came from the Milblog Conference this past April?

Well, I have to get to bed. I'm subbing in the morning, and I had a late night last night after going to that event in San Antonio last night for the wounded & their families at Dave & Busters. It was a great experience!

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at September 17, 2009 11:50 PM

You look much better in person.

Posted by: camojack at September 18, 2009 12:26 AM

...as though the 90 million times I remind people how OLD I am weren't sufficient!

Oh, yeah, sure thing. Like *you* were holding my hammer collection when I was working as a trilobite exterminator...

Posted by: BillT at September 18, 2009 03:46 AM

Yep! I don't have a lot of pictures of myself.

You look much better in person.

Dang, Camo. I *knew* there was a reason I like you so much! :) Seriously, I've never been terribly photogenic. It took me years not to cringe when I see photos of myself. I generally take good photos if I don't know there's a camera around but I really hate posing for a photo.

Posted by: Cassandra at September 18, 2009 08:52 AM

"I remain a breast and thigh man..... ;^P"
Kbob, I never realized that, unlike me, you were the picky sort. =;^}

M'lady, not wanting to encourage your Unit to develop an interest in me as a sparing partner, I will say that having nothing more to go on than the cartoon, and the odd appearance of that out of focus image that occasionally makes the rounds, you ain't a granny Moses.

Posted by: bt_who holds the patent on dirt_hun at September 18, 2009 11:35 AM

Kanye, may be only to be in one place at a time, but he certainly has an opinion about our place, here..

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at September 18, 2009 12:23 PM

I wonder what his mother would say?

Posted by: bt_leggo-the-url-kayne_hun at September 18, 2009 12:30 PM

Where are the bat wings?

Posted by: Mark at September 18, 2009 03:19 PM

Posted by: Cassandra at September 18, 2009 08:52 AM

Well, Hell, what's not to like?!

Anyway, I don't think I'm particuarly photogenic myself...

Posted by: camojack at September 20, 2009 12:50 AM