« Oh... Like This Hasn't Happened to You... | Main | Great Moments in Journalism »

September 03, 2009

Predictable

Sometimes, it hurts to be this good:

...FOXNews.com has obtained a series of heated e-mail exchanges between the two parties that show bad blood was brewing long before Prejean and the directors butted heads over her stance on same-sex unions.

The problems between Prejean and Miss California escalated to such a level that the 22-year-old severed all ties with her state team several weeks prior to the April 19 national pageant, according a March 9 e-mail exchange in which Prejean wrote (in all caps) to Miss California co-director Keith Lewis:

I WILL NOT BE VERBALLY AND EMOTIONALLY ABUSED ANYMORE BY ANY OF YOU. I HAVE A COMPETITION TO PREPARE FOR. I WILL NO LONGER BE DEALING WITH ANYONE WHO IS GOING TO BRING ME DOWN AT THIS POINT. I WILL ONLY SURROUND MYSELF WITH PEOPLE WHO MAKE ME HAPPY. AND RIGHT NOW, THAT IS NONE OF YOU. I WILL SEE YOU ALL IN APRIL. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME AT ALL FROM THIS POINT FORWARD.

“Our differences began in January," Lewis told Foxnews.com. "Carrie became a challenge. She wanted everyone to jump through hoops for her, but she wasn’t willing to cooperate. She is very good at receiving, but not at giving. We were very patient with Carrie, but she wasn’t following ... her contract.”

Hate to say "I told you so". But I told you so.

When will we face the inconvenient truth? Is everyone on the planet persecuting her, or is it just possible that the problem may lie with Ms. Prejean's behavior rather than her opinion on gay marriage?

Former Miss California USA Carrie Prejean has lost another contract. The controversial ex-beauty queen lost her endorsement contract with a clothing brand just days after she was fired from the crown.

Sledge USA decided to end their contract with the 22-year-old blonde beauty after she allegedly didn't hold up her end of their deal.

Brand manager Vered Nisim told E! News, "She did not keep her appointments at all. She refused to confirm a time and date, even though we were on a very tight schedule."

Imagine that. This company was perfectly happy to sign a clothing contract with her, defense of traditional marriage notwithstanding. Are we seriously to believe they are now punishing her for an opinion that didn't bother them previously? Note that their reasons for firing her are exactly the same as those given by the Miss USA Pageant.

Coincidence? Or just a massive conspiracy against a victim powerless to control her own behavior?

I understand the desire for a champion we can all rally behind, but a young woman with an inflated sense of entitlement and a track record of serial irresponsibility makes a poor representative for social conservatism.

Posted by Cassandra at September 3, 2009 07:49 AM

Comments

News flash: Hot chicks are nearly ALWAYS uber high maintenance in relationships and difficult to deal with professionally.:)

Posted by: a former european at September 3, 2009 12:01 PM

He also HAS a colossal ass.

Posted by: RonF at September 3, 2009 04:31 PM

"None of which changes the fundamental truth that Perez Hilton is a colossal ass."

And that, my friends, is the bottom (so to speak) line.

Seriously though, the young lady is 22? She's a mere child; small wonder if she acts the part...

Posted by: camojack at September 3, 2009 09:45 PM

I didn't behave that way when I was 22. Of course, I wasn't used to having people bend over backwards to always make me happy. Still don't have that problem. There are some advantages to not being a looker...

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at September 3, 2009 09:53 PM

Camo, that isn't acting. She is spoiled. Her comments on marriage aside, had she been professional, met her contractual obligations and been a hard worker, we would not be hearing the end of it. Beauty and brains, with the integrity to keep her committments. It would be one thing if she was learning and made a few scheduling gaffes and had no one to guide her. But she had a whole cadre of people to keep her on the (forgive the pun) strait and narrow. She chose to be a brat.

Perez Hilton is a frilly panty-waisted twit.

Posted by: Cricket at September 3, 2009 10:48 PM

Yes, spoilt; acting=behaving, not necessarily in the thespian manner.
(Says the guy with the SAG card)

As the erstwhile Europe-dweller pointed out: "high maintenance".

Speakin' of which, I've got a 6:25 PM flight to Europe.
(Venice, Italy, to be precís...)

Posted by: camojack at September 4, 2009 03:42 AM

Camojack:
Ah...Venezia! La Vita! Venice was my back yard when I lived in Italy for four years. I was stationed in Aviano (an hour's drive north of Venice). I'm in envy of your trip. Bon viaggio, amico mio!

Posted by: ziobuck at September 4, 2009 11:49 AM

sigh...I do envy you. Venice, then Milan...over to Liguria. I think I would take in Italy in the late summer or the fall...when most of the tourists have gone. Florence. I love fabric and yarn and Milan...Some day.

Heh. For now, I must defend Bush at the Rio Summit.

Posted by: Cricket at September 4, 2009 01:41 PM

Venice? Don't buy anything within three blocks of the Piazza San Marco -- and don't plan on escaping the Palazzo Ducale without visiting the armories!

Posted by: BillT at September 4, 2009 03:16 PM

I have only been to Italy once. I got to go to Florence my junior year of high school for a week. Took the train from Augsburg, I think it was the week after Memorial Day (school wasn't out yet). Had a great time, and would love to go again. A vacation sure would be nice right about now. Too bad that will have to wait, indefinitely.

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at September 4, 2009 08:35 PM

Mr Hilton is defined by his colossi.

Posted by: ZZMike at September 5, 2009 03:03 PM

> that Perez Hilton is a colossal ass.

Actually, the biggest problem is that it's on his shoulders.

(yessss, I stole it from Roxanne. Sue me. It's a great line.)

Posted by: Obloodyhell at September 8, 2009 11:46 AM