« Great Moments in Journalism | Main | The Obama Prevarification Predictor »

September 03, 2009

Wallowing in the Suck

It is things like this which keep the Blog Princess awake nights.

That loud noise you just heard was the sound of all the oxygen being forcefully sucked from the room.

Posted by Cassandra at September 3, 2009 08:17 AM

Comments

That's just marvelous...really.

Muy especial.

Posted by: Carrie at September 3, 2009 09:35 AM

I see you're a fan, too :p

Posted by: Cassandra at September 3, 2009 09:36 AM

How could you NOT be a fan?

Sheesh..

Posted by: Carrie at September 3, 2009 09:51 AM

My morale was just boosted, how about yours?

Morale is overrated and *esprit* is underrated. The two are often treated as if they are synonymous, but they're decidedly *not*.

Admiral Mullen's statement may have stuck a hatpin in your morale, but it's obvious your esprit remains unimpaired...

Posted by: BillT at September 3, 2009 10:03 AM

Admiral Mullet needs a lesson in how not to be an apologist. It is talk like this that weakens our position as a country whether uttered by POTUS or some Anchor Clanker covering his retirement pay at the expense of real-politik. Now Obama is extending the TOD of the 101st Airborne in East Afghanistan despite his criticism of Bush for doing the same thing.

Posted by: vet66 at September 3, 2009 06:08 PM

We've had this discussion; you know that generals are also politicians.

Posted by: camojack at September 3, 2009 09:32 PM

I cannot look at ADM Mullen and not see Gilbert Huph, Mr. Incredible's boss in "The Incredibles". Cracks me up every time I see a picture of the man.

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at September 4, 2009 03:09 AM

This sort of leadership makes me reconsider my decision to go back in...... I still have options with the more
(supported,respected,honest?) contract side or I could just stay civilian (then and join up via healthcare reform).......
Gotta go think this one through.

William sends
(while remembering service under Clinton as CinC)

Posted by: William at September 4, 2009 07:19 AM

No. The path is righteous, even if the top of the food chain is..... lacking...

William sends (while he can still say such things in public)

Posted by: William at September 4, 2009 07:29 AM

Posted by: Cassandra at September 4, 2009 08:01 AM

Sigh. Just when you thought you had identified all the phallacy speakers. Let us assume that with regard to keeping promises, that he is 'correct.' However, is he speaking in general of the whole military or just a few bad apples? Where is the context for these comments? To say this in a briefing is one thing; to put it out there is another.

Not only that, to speak of the service people as being individually and collectively doing this really chaps me...because of the politics involved. I just know that every single member of the military is just dying to get one over on someone. NOT.

Now that I have opened my mouth and inserted my foot, I am leaving.

Posted by: Cricket at September 4, 2009 11:37 AM