« Moral Courage | Main | While We Were Grilling Hot Dogs »

September 16, 2009

Web Site of the Day

Well that's one way to boost attendance on Sunday morning:

We are lambs before the Lord, and every Sunday we give thanks to Him with all of our body and soul. And it includes the sacrifice of our garments, for it was when Eve ate from the Tree of Life and gathered fig leaves that mankind fell into sin.

I love it: even as we contemplate the abundance of a Spirit-filled life, let us not neglect more earthy considerations:

Do not disrobe in the parking lot; use the foyer. You may carry a small bag into the church or use the clothing check system near the restrooms.

Via Rod Dreher

Posted by Cassandra at September 16, 2009 08:19 AM

Comments

Oh, eeewwwww.

Seriously. Ewwww.

Posted by: airforcewife at September 16, 2009 09:35 AM

People can rationalize anything, it seems.

Posted by: camojack at September 16, 2009 09:37 AM

Hey, no dancing, we have our limits!

Posted by: tomg51 at September 16, 2009 11:34 AM

Ditto on ewwwww for nudes in the pews.

*wonders if they serve 80 proof communion under dim red lighting*
*shudders*

Yeah, Walkin' Boss thinks she gonna slip me past St. Pete on a bye. That dear girl has quite a task before her.

Posted by: bt_heard-last-call-service-sound_hun at September 16, 2009 01:19 PM

No thanks. The choir robe covers up a lot of venial sins.

Posted by: LittleRed1 at September 16, 2009 03:31 PM

25+ years ago, when I had the build of a fit, young athlete, I was happy to get naked and streak through the college campus. Nowadays, nobody wants to see my fat ass naked -- not even me. This church sounds like it would be a disaster.:)

Posted by: a former european at September 16, 2009 04:08 PM

"Phineas! You were looking at Mrs. Browns lovely daughter!"
"I was not"
"Then its even worse than I thought!"

Posted by: tomg51 at September 16, 2009 04:47 PM

All this fellow had to do was tell the officer he was going to church....

Posted by: bt_heard-last-call-service-sound_hun at September 16, 2009 06:10 PM