« The Freakin' Patriarchy and Their Jackbooted Jackboots of Oppression | Main | Happily Ever After »

October 17, 2009

Chris Muir is a God

I love Day by Day. I rarely comment on it b/c it's in my sidebar and I figure you all have already seen it. But today's offering is just priceless. Spit-your-coffee-out funny.

Posted by Cassandra at October 17, 2009 03:29 PM

Comments

Needs more prayer rug...

Posted by: BillT at October 17, 2009 03:54 PM

I am a Silly, and Lesser, god®. For instance, I don't have the GPS coordinates of The One.

Posted by: Chris Muir at October 17, 2009 05:50 PM

Worry not on that count Mr. Muir. Where two or more have gathered together to burn national assets in HIS name...
HE is there.

Posted by: bt_Curmudgeon_hun at October 17, 2009 06:01 PM

Well, I will get the rug concession going.

Posted by: Cricket at October 17, 2009 08:33 PM

I think I may sell some packets of blank paper with a title page stating "National Asset". The only question left to resolve is how high do I need to price them to make them desirable?

William sends

Posted by: William at October 18, 2009 07:10 AM

William, are you talking about U.S. Dollars? =8-{

Posted by: bt_Curmudgeon_hun at October 18, 2009 11:51 AM

Godsmacked

Sunday Morning Godsmack “I’M AWAKE”

There are actually things that are going on in this country that effect Americans lives. The Balloon Boy story, what does that have to do with any of us or effect any of us personally?

I have these questions that don’t ever seem to get answered?

I am an Independent one of my questions I have, why do I have always have to pick from two bad options?

Posted by: keyboard Jockey at October 18, 2009 12:16 PM

I am a Silly, and Lesser, god®.

Or as my offspring used to say, children of the Leisure God? :p

In general, I'm not a huge comics fan but Day by Day is often laugh out loud funny. You have a real gift, Chris.

I wish the WaPo carried your work, but I'm not sure intellectual diversity fits their world view.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 18, 2009 12:18 PM

Well, of course not, Cass. 'Intellectual' and 'Diversity' are four letter words to the MSM.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at October 18, 2009 12:32 PM

Cassandra,

Life is stranger than (DBD) these days,no? Every day I see headlines I would never have believed 1 year ago...

Thank you for reading DBD, and having it up on VC, it's not something I take for granted.

Readers motivate one to hopefully improve, and even Leisure (Relaxed Fit®) Gods have to do so! ;)

Posted by: Chris Muir at October 18, 2009 12:36 PM

Allegory? Analogy? I like it, whatever it is...

Posted by: camojack at October 19, 2009 12:36 AM

The reason why the WaPo won't carry Chris's work is because of the Truthiness. Besides, 'intellectual' and WaPo are an oxymoron.

Off to read more of the Satanic Verses in the Intermediate Accounting Tome.

My final class in Accounting will be some time in the New Year; I will then be filling the gaps in coverage with frilly-type classes like 'Accounting for Managers' and 'Statistics for Accountants' and other such pap.

Posted by: Cricket at October 19, 2009 09:50 AM

Permanent link to the cartoon in question:

Posted by: brian at October 21, 2009 10:14 PM

Thank you, Brian. I was in a huge hurry when I posted this and didn't want to stop and look for the permanent link :)

Posted by: Cassandra at October 21, 2009 10:32 PM