« Oh for Pete's Sake... | Main | Best Advice Ever »

October 07, 2009

Go Marine Team!

This is going to be a quickie because I've got to run.

Carrie and I are heading up the Marine Team for this year's Project Valour IT fundraiser and we're in the process of assembling the team.

If you're a blogger and would like to join the Marine team, please leave a comment or email me at cassandra.vc at gmail dot com and we'll add you to the blogroll and send you all the info you need!

We've got a good start on a really fun team - I'll be publishing the blogroll when I get back. Some of you may recall the 2006 fundraiser here at VC. We had a blast - lots of prime interservice snark was lobbed at the Army, Air Force and Navy. I have some great ideas for games and contests. We'll do our best to keep it light and fun but we need your help to make this a record breaking year for Valour IT.

So bring your wit, your energy, and above all the desire to say "thanks" and "America remembers" to a great group of young men and women who have been injured in the service of this great nation.

Let's make sure they know not all of America is at the Mall.

Update: Marine Team members so far:

If there are any mistakes or omissions, please let me know. It's probably my fault; I've been pretty overwhelmed lately.

Posted by Cassandra at October 7, 2009 05:44 PM

Comments

I may have to make two donations this year; one for Army and one for Marines.

Go Army!!!!

ahem.

Posted by: Cricket at October 7, 2009 06:52 PM

I already told Carrie I'd be on the Marine team this year, since she asked nice. I'd picked the Army team in previous years, since that's the branch my Dad was in.

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at October 7, 2009 07:08 PM

I was in the USMC(R) many years ago and my daughter is in the Army, active duty, and spent 15 months in Iraq. Would it be considered sacrilegious to exclaim Oorah, Army! ???

You can find her comments elsewhere starting at http://commonsensepoliticalthought.com/?p=7305#comment-532117 and following, if you're interested.

Posted by: John Hitchcock at October 8, 2009 01:39 AM

my comment got swallowed up, can it be found?

Posted by: John Hitchcock at October 8, 2009 01:40 AM

Heh, okay, there it is, seems a bit of laggage or something in the comment posting. Don't mind me. :)

Posted by: John Hitchcock at October 8, 2009 01:41 AM

...because I've got to run.

Foot's getting better, then?

Posted by: Pithecanthropus deBille at October 8, 2009 02:34 AM

Off Topic, but snarky and pithy. How accurate can a quote from 1935 be? From todays Chicago Trib comments:

Think what you will of J. Edgar Hoover, in 1935 he said, "It is no coincidence that all criminals come from Chicago."

Seems nothing has changed. Especially now that the GOTUS, Gangsta of the United States, is from there. We should put a big fence around it and make it a penal colony!

Posted by: Kbob in Katy at October 8, 2009 07:47 AM

Don't forget the ARMY:)

Photos of the Aftermath of the Indian Embassy Bombing Kabul Afghanistan.

Posted by: keyboard jockey at October 8, 2009 10:33 AM

I already told Carrie that I'd do it. Just give me my orders!

Posted by: Marine Wife at October 12, 2009 02:42 PM

I would like to sign up...went to the Valour IT website and it's not very clear. In the old days there used to be a thermometer and it was clear where the teams were in the competition.

What happened?

Posted by: Cao at October 13, 2009 08:53 AM

I don't think they have anything up there yet. The competition doesn't officially begin until the 26th of October but they asked us to start recruiting our teams early.

I waited because it seemed a little early but I'll add you to the list and send you what I know :)

Welcome aboard, and thanks!

Posted by: Cassandra at October 13, 2009 08:57 AM

I would love to be on the Marine Team.
OOHRAH!