« Foul Mouthed, Petulant Children | Main | How's That Whole "Unifying America" Thing Working Out, Mr. President? »

October 09, 2009

Help Obama Win the Heisman!

Genius. Sheer genius:

I just went to this link and, in the "Type your nominee here!" field, entered "Barack Obama." The winner of this Nissan-sponsored promotion will actually receive one official vote for the Heisman award as sort of the people's choice.

You can actually go back and vote once each day between now and the Heisman award in December.

Vote early. And vote often.

Via Greta

Other nominations welcome in the comments section.

Update: D'oh!!!

obama-heisman.jpg

obama-sprint-cup.jpg

Update II:

Heh...

obama-pope.png

CWCID:

Posted by Cassandra at October 9, 2009 12:51 PM

Comments

Reminds me of a Norwegian joke.

Sven: "Did you hear? They elected a German as Pope."

Ole: "About time. Dem Cat'lics had it long enough."

Posted by: BillT at October 9, 2009 02:07 PM

Sent the Wash. Examiner ballot to my email list. A couple of the guys responded quickly asking if that would not make the Heisman a joke...hmmmm... like the Nobel Peace Prize? And Obie can join OJ as a winner...

Just my thoughts. Lets see if it has legs.

Posted by: Kbob in Katy at October 9, 2009 02:11 PM

Loved this one from H2:

"Elsewhere, Ann Althouse asked why not award him the Nobel Prize in Literature for Dreams of My Father, too, while you’re at it?"

Yeah, are them literature people racists, or did ACORN forget to put their people in there?

Posted by: Kbob in Katy at October 9, 2009 02:38 PM

Super Bowl trophy, anyone?

Or maybe a Stanley Cup?

ohh!!! Or an Oscar! or maybe a Razzie!

(come on all of you Photoshop people... get on this!)

Posted by: AFSister at October 9, 2009 03:51 PM

Definitely an Oscar. After all, he's done just as much to advance the film industry as he has to advance world peace, right?

Speaking of which, why have all those Miss Pageant contestants -- who've made dewy-eyed proclamations that their fondest wish was to see World Peace -- *not* been awarded retroactive Nobels? Each of them have done *just as much* as Obie has in that field, right?

Posted by: BillT at October 9, 2009 04:11 PM

This just in:
The White House has issued a press release stating that Xerxes I Won! will be apologizing to the people of the Moon for the bombing perpetrated upon them by America this morning.
0>:~}

Posted by: DL Sly at October 9, 2009 05:24 PM

*sniff*
Am I too late to nominate him for the MVP award?

Posted by: Cricket at October 9, 2009 05:53 PM

Yes, but the Indy 500 and Le Mans are still up for grabs...

Posted by: BillT at October 9, 2009 06:31 PM

As Obama was driving to pick up his Nobel Peace Prize, he accidentally won the NASCAR Sprint Cup....

This one is better than it sounds. Since he won't actually be allowed to drive himself anywhere for several years, what he really won for was suggesting that someone should drive him to pick up his award.

Posted by: Grim at October 9, 2009 10:32 PM

You don't miss much, Grim.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 9, 2009 10:50 PM

How about an Academy Award?

Leading Actor?
Comedy?
Tragedy?
Crocumentary?
Supporting Actor?
Screenwriter?
Teleprompting?

Posted by: Cricket at October 9, 2009 11:09 PM

Is a Darwin too much to hope for?

Posted by: twolaneflash at October 10, 2009 12:01 AM

remind me: what international body devoted to excellence honored GWB with an award or other recognition for either his goals or accomplishments in making the world a better place? halliburton maybe?

Posted by: I Call BS at October 10, 2009 02:47 AM

sour grapes ...

Posted by: I Call BS at October 10, 2009 02:51 AM

Okay, what international body *devoted to excellence* has honored BHO with an award for his goals?

Since he doesn't have any actual *accomplishments* except for making Jimmeh Cottuh look palatable by comparison...

Posted by: BillT at October 10, 2009 03:57 AM

BTW, ICBS, since nominations for the Nobel closed on 1 February, exactly *which* Obie-enunciated goal could the Nobel Committee have judged sufficiently meritorious?

Posted by: BillT at October 10, 2009 04:13 AM

Bill T,

Teh Wons' mere presence is enough. What a heathen, cloven hooved beast you are to question any award given by the WHOLE WORLD to the GREATEST WORLD LEADER EVAH!!

His transparency and motives cannot be questioned by mere mortals, or even beasts like you (and I). We must remain in awe.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK. Give me the emesis basin!

Posted by: Kbob in Katy at October 10, 2009 09:48 AM

Oh, his motives are completely transparent, KB -- in fact they're *so* transparent, the Dead Tree Madia can't even see them...

Posted by: Pithecanthropus deBille at October 10, 2009 10:06 AM

Hey, didn't you want to drop by and Call BS on the previous entry, too?

Posted by: Grim at October 10, 2009 10:18 AM

Althouse's answer to the question of "why not award him the prize in literature?" He actually published two books.

Posted by: Donna B. at October 10, 2009 10:22 AM

I was reading comments on the London Times site, and somebody said something too the effect, if he has class, he'll refuse the award. I felt like commenting that little did they know our President.

Posted by: RIslander at October 10, 2009 11:31 AM

Concern over international bodies giving awards to a person elected to be the leader of a nation is not high on my list. But it is more than a little funny, ok, it's down right creepy in an idol worshiping zombies strange sort of way that I WON received another prize, the second or third --I've lost count-- being the Presidency, on his yet to be realized potential.

Now when the world embraces all of the freedoms the citizens of this nation enjoy, on that day I might give a rodent's posterior about the opinion of some group of anal retentive, collectivists twits whose resentment for our nation is exceeded only by their dependence upon the good will of, and in many cases U.S Treasury funding by, not to mention their on-going security which is guaranteed by our nation's commitments. Commitments backed by the concrete actions in money and blood of principled of a principled ally.

And in the case of conflicted interests, considering that the interests of the nations who make up international bodies are often, if not mostly, at odds with the interests of the people of this nation, I much prefer a U.S. President take care of the interests of the people of our nation.

That's my concern and my view from the cave. So sue me.

Posted by: bt_survey_says_hun at October 10, 2009 12:09 PM

BTW, I could use that prize money to hire a proof reader... Just sayin'

Posted by: bthun at October 10, 2009 12:11 PM

Well, he didn't actually *publish* them, and he may not have even *written* them. Bill Ayers has dropped a few hints...

Posted by: BillT at October 10, 2009 01:48 PM

I do believe even Obama was embarrased by this award. He does live up to the award by leading from behind.

Posted by: vet66 at October 10, 2009 05:43 PM

...if he has class, he'll refuse the award.

Since he's already promised to donate the award money, he's probably not planning to refuse the award.

Posted by: Grim at October 10, 2009 06:01 PM

To a worthy cause, no doubt, such as the Association of Community Organiz

Noooo. The universe doesn't have a sense of humor *that* warped...

Posted by: BillT at October 10, 2009 06:22 PM

Wanna bet?

Posted by: DL Sly at October 10, 2009 11:00 PM

What odds are you giving?

Posted by: Grim at October 10, 2009 11:14 PM

About the same as those on a coyote eating her snakeskin belt before she makes it.

Posted by: Pithecanthropus deBille at October 11, 2009 12:28 AM

This just in: Obama has won the 2009 Miss World competition. The decision was not without controversy:

The 2008 Miss World, Kesenia Sukhinova of Russia, told reporters in Moscow that she was “stunned” by the news. “I swear I did not know President Obama was a contestant. The first 120 contestants were not even supposed to arrive in South Africa until Nov. 7,” Sukihinova said.

“This is so soon, it just does not seem right,” said a tearful contestant Joyce Mphande of Malawi. “President Obama did not even show up for the preliminary evening gown competition in Dubai last week.”

Posted by: BillT at October 12, 2009 09:43 AM

Hey, I'll have you know I got the head and tail off that sucker before the coyotes or hawks got to the rest!
heh

Posted by: DL Sly at October 12, 2009 11:05 AM

Do you use the head on a belt? Nope.

Do you use the rattles on a belt? Nope.

The defense rests.

Posted by: BillT at October 12, 2009 11:50 AM

Obama conundrums:

Can Obama make a govt. program so perfect, that even He cannot improve it?

If The Most High Obama blesses water into wine, will it still require inspection by the EPA and for Him to obtain a proper liquor license?

Is the Obama (pbuh) redistribution/health care plan based upon the loaves and fishes incident? If Obama (pbuh) can feed the multitudes with only two loaves of bread and five fishes, will the CBO finally rate the program as revenue neutral?

Posted by: a former european at October 13, 2009 04:24 AM

If he tosses only two loaves and five fishes to the multitude, it'll certainly reduce the methane footprint...

Posted by: BillT at October 13, 2009 05:16 AM

"Do you use the head on a belt? Nope.

Do you use the rattles on a belt? Nope."

Wasn't planning a belt, iywr it was gonna be a hatband, and I could easily use them for that -- although, wrt the rattle, I wouldn't be able to sneak up on the cat any more.

"The defense rests."

I love a stationary target.....
heh
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at October 13, 2009 01:30 PM

BillT: There will be no reduction of the methane footprint so long as my uncle Tibor is around. That old man can power a small city by his OWN self.

Posted by: a former european at October 13, 2009 03:33 PM

I love a stationary target.....

Ahhhh. That explains the handcuffs remark [in a venue which will not be revealed here until the grand reopening of the "Sherman's March To The Sea -- Through The Alps" diorama]

Posted by: BillT at October 13, 2009 03:50 PM

At least we're filming somewhere *warm*...err this time.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at October 14, 2009 11:37 AM

Nice save.

Posted by: Cecil B. deBille at October 14, 2009 12:11 PM

Actually, I'm a shortstop.
0>;~}