« Double or Triple Your Donation: An Offer You Can't Refuse! | Main | The Marines Have Landed! »

October 26, 2009

Steel on Target!

Time: 8:01 pm
Marine team donations: $3750
INCOMING!!!:

The path of the Righteous Ones is beset on all sides
by the bloviation of our sister service
and the mighty snark cannons of the Unwashed Rabble.

Blessed are they who, in the name of charity and good will,
shepherd the Flighty Ones towards the finish line.

Efficient teamwork is a wondrous thing to behold. WAY TO GO MARINE TEAM!!!

I've made the second half of my $500 matching pledge. BIG thanks to TWO more donors: one for $100 and one for $250. Not sure if I have permission to reveal their secret squirrel identities but if it's OK let me know and I'll do so.

LET'S KEEP IT UP! The Army is full of fight and a wily and dangerous adversary :p

Posted by Cassandra at October 26, 2009 06:38 PM

Comments

I'm in for a thousand. I'm donating through your site because you are matching some funds of your own. I realize that your funds are limited, as are mine. If you know of another site that can match my donation please let me know.

I'll pull the trigger in about ten minutes if I don't hear back from you.

Semper Fi

Posted by: L at October 26, 2009 11:35 PM

Woo hoo!!! :)

Thank you! I don't know of another site that is offering right now, but we sure could use the help. I *hate* to see us fall behind - the Marine team outraised all the other services in 2006 and I want to see us do it again (and winning would be nice too :)

Bless you.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 26, 2009 11:40 PM

I say, Cassandra, what's the propriety of people from outside the USA (non-citizens, obviously) doing this?

Posted by: Gregory at October 26, 2009 11:58 PM

Trigger pulled...

Semper Fi

Posted by: L at October 27, 2009 12:27 AM

Hey West Coasters, I only have $25.00 to give, but it will only take 51 more of those to match Williams great donation. We should be able to match him by at least noon tomorrow.

Posted by: Russ at October 27, 2009 02:06 AM

Gregory, I can't see any problem with that and I usually prefer to err on the side of caution!

Posted by: Cassandra at October 27, 2009 05:52 AM