« E.J. Dionne Explains Angry White Men to Blue America | Main | Slate's Fred Kaplan Discovers "Least Bad Option" We're Already Adopting »

October 13, 2009

We're Looking For a Few Good Blogs...

The Project Valour IT Marine team is gearing up for the Mother of all Battles and we're looking for a few good blogs to join us:

When: October 26th - November 11th (not sure of the end date yet)
Where: Be here, or be square
Why: To remind some very special young men and women that we haven't forgotten their sacrifices.
How: Leave a comment or email me at cassandra.vc at gmail dot com to join the Few, The Loud, The MARINES!

To the Navy, Army, Air Force and Coast Guard we have just one thing to say:

"PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS, LEAVING THE BODY."

Join the Few... The Loud.. THE MARINE TEAM!

Posted by Cassandra at October 13, 2009 05:40 PM

Comments

Cass,
We have more blogs to add to that list.
I'll send the ones I have that are not on that list this morning.
Just getting ready for block leave.

Ugh..ugh...ugh...

Posted by: Carrie at October 14, 2009 09:28 AM

That is how you attract young men. Great commercial.

Posted by: Russ at October 14, 2009 11:16 AM

I'd love to participate, any chance to put the Army in their place I'm up for. I'm a Marine wife blogger how do I sign up?

Posted by: the mrs. at October 14, 2009 03:47 PM

The Mrs.
Welcome to the Marine team...:)
We just need your email address if it's not on your blog.
Thanks!!
Carrie
PS: UrrAhh!!

Posted by: Carrie at October 14, 2009 04:14 PM

Fantastic - consider yourself signed up! :)

I'll add you to the blogroll and send out a bit of information. More will follow as we get closer to D-Day!

Posted by: Cassandra at October 14, 2009 04:15 PM

Russ:

I will admit to getting a chill down my spine every time I see that part at the end.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 14, 2009 04:20 PM

Whoever is producing these has nailed it. I'm 47 and I still feel that tug to "Answer the Call."

Posted by: Russ at October 14, 2009 06:41 PM

This is hard for me. I have a son in the USAF, an Army daughter, one son-in-law still in the Army, another who went to West Point... a husband who after his Marine enlistment wanted a "civilian" job so he joined the USAF and stayed there until retirement.

But it's my uncle who always sways me toward the Marines. He joined in 1938 and was in Singapore when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. He was in the last group to leave Corregidor and one of only eleven survivors of the Palawan Massacre.

Sign me up! donnabarber@gmail.com, http://opiningonline.com.

Posted by: Donna B. at October 16, 2009 12:07 AM