« Who Really Benefits From Lying About McChrystal's Speech? | Main | Oh Right... Like You've Never Done This.... »

October 06, 2009

Yikes

You should see the bruise on my instep! It's huge!

Posted by Cassandra at October 6, 2009 11:30 AM

Comments

Who did you step on?

Posted by: BillT at October 6, 2009 12:10 PM

Pppphhhhttthhh :)

I dropped a cookie sheet on my instep while I was cooking the other day. After I stopped hopping up and down I never got around to looking at it.

The whole top of my foot is black and blue :p Too funny.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 6, 2009 12:13 PM

Who did you step on?

I am going to step on you :p
After I shoot my way out of this barn....

Posted by: Cassandra at October 6, 2009 12:14 PM

hope it does not hurt as bad as it looks.
But do check you did not get a hairline fracture. My mom had the same accident back in Russia and did not believe she needed to do anything but suck it up and keep on living like nothing serious happened. Several years later she started having bad problems with her foot. An MRI later, she was told that there was an old hairline fracture that healed wrong.

Posted by: olga at October 6, 2009 12:35 PM

"I am going to step on you :p
After I shoot my way out of this barn...."

You're safe, Mr. DeBille, she even missed the floor when she dropped the pan....
0>:~}

Posted by: DL Sly at October 6, 2009 12:55 PM

I dropped a cookie sheet on my instep

*What* were you baking -- cast-iron-chip cookies?

Posted by: BillT at October 6, 2009 01:16 PM

I think it was a grape chutney for the pork roast I was making.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 6, 2009 01:19 PM

*tucking snark proclivity into the desk drawer*

Keep an eye on the bruise -- you obviously squished a slew of capillaries, but if the bruise isn't fading after 24 hours, get your foot X-rayed.

I still have bone chips working their way free as a result of a "bad sprain" in '68...

Posted by: BillT at October 6, 2009 02:32 PM

I will. I do not think it is broken. It does not hurt that much at all.

From the looks of it I just broke a blood vessel. It just surprised the heck out of me - I have no idea how I can wander about without even noticing I have a 4" bruise on my instep. What a ditz!

Posted by: Cassandra at October 6, 2009 02:44 PM

On the bright side, not noticing it is proof that you *don't* spend all your time painting your toenails...

*sauntering slowly towards the door*

Posted by: BillT at October 6, 2009 04:14 PM

You wear the wrong size boots, Missy?

Posted by: Cricket at October 6, 2009 06:12 PM

I second the X-ray, especially if you have a sharp stabbing pain.

Do you have any Traumeel? Good stuff that, and I know MathMom will have some excellent homeopathic recommendations for long-term healing and pain relief.

Posted by: Cricket at October 6, 2009 06:15 PM

That's what happens when you overdo it kicking commie asses! Pace yourself, woman. There won't be a shortage of hippie/commie/pinkos out there who need a Toby Keith-sized boot up their backsides, so you don't have to try and do it all in one day. Sheesh!

Posted by: a former european at October 6, 2009 07:46 PM

Well, Cricket is right. Arnica montana 30c, 3x daily. If no change, go to Arnica montana, 200c, 1 time daily, for 3-4 days. Arnica has an affinity for blood vessels, and helps resolve bruising. Interestingly, Arnica montana is also the first remedy you should think of in case of a stroke (which is like a bruise in the brain). Take it on the way to the ER in the ambulance.

Ferrum Phos 6x, Biochemic cell salt, will also help with inflammation and to resolve the injury. It is the oxygen carrier in the body, and anything that gets more oxygen heals faster.

Good luck with it!

Posted by: MathMom at October 6, 2009 10:08 PM

I trust Sly will be making jokes for at least four years about cookie sheets sitting on you.

Posted by: Grim at October 6, 2009 11:00 PM

Only if it's broken, Grim. Then I'll put "Broke foot but missed floor with cookie sheet" on the list.
heh

And, iirc, it was She of the Cookie Sheet Riverdance (Pub version with lots of choreographed swearing for background music) who last brought that particular incident up.....
0>:~}

Posted by: DL Sly at October 8, 2009 11:35 AM

Your foot better be alright Cass. I'd hate like heck to have Grim put you down.

Posted by: MikeD at October 8, 2009 02:23 PM