« Why Not Have Congress Just Offer Them Free Health Care? | Main | Time for Some Foolishness »

November 24, 2009

Demand Genuine White House Leakers!

In today's News of the Surreal...

"Pay no attention to unsanctioned unauthorized leakers. For reliable unauthorized leaks that don't make the Boss mad, demand genuine White House unauthorized leakers!":

The U.S. officials all spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to discuss the issue publicly and because, one official said, the White House is incensed by leaks on its Afghanistan policy that didn't originate in the White House.

Now *that's* transparency we can trust! But wait! There's more!

Nobel peace prize winner Obama to send 34,000 more troops to Afghanistan?

Man, that's kind of harsh... I mean, no one talks about peace more than Barack Obama.

Posted by Cassandra at November 24, 2009 05:58 AM

Comments

I'd settle for a leader...because we sure as heck don't have one now.

Posted by: Carrie at November 24, 2009 07:49 AM

The editorial staff has it TOO easy under this administration! Either The One is dithering about sending troops to Afganistan, in which case it is "snark-fest for days"!) or he's acting like the commander in chief and deciding to send troops to Afganistan, in which case it is "snark-fest for days"! Kinda like shooting libruls in a barrel! You just can't make up this stuff!

Posted by: I Call BS at November 24, 2009 10:56 AM

You really do need to pay attention, ICBS. The snark in this post has nothing to do, really, with Obama. He has not announced that he has made a decision, at least as far as I know.

The snark is directed at the press, and at White House leakers (who refuse to be identified b/c they're not supposed to be talking to the press) who casually let it drop that Obama is really pissed at non-White House leakers for leaking details about his deliberations.

Think about that for a moment.

Posted by: Cassandra at November 24, 2009 11:10 AM

It comes with the territory ...

Posted by: I Call BS at November 24, 2009 11:27 AM

Reminds one of the underwear commercials where the inspector holding a stamp informed;

"It's not Haines until I say it says Haines."

How are we supposed to know who the sanctioned leakers are as opposed to the unsanctioned leakers? Oh, I get it. We aren't supposed to know because they are sowing confusion in classic psyops fashion to throw us off.

Classic plausible deniability!

Posted by: vet66 at November 24, 2009 12:11 PM

"I was for the leakers before I was against them." un-attributed quote leaked about President Obama. Maybe.

"These are not the leakers that you are looking for." un-attributed quote leaked about the Public Editor of the New York Times; whose unofficial motto is "all the leaks we think are fit to print about people we don't like."

Back on your heads, peasants!

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at November 24, 2009 12:24 PM

I have it on good authority that to stem the tide of sinking approval polls, Rham Emanuel is urging President Obama to recapture the excitement of last year's campaign by focusing on "Change you can believe in." Accordingly, for the first time in living memory, the White House will not expent the customary presidental pardon to the First Turkey, but rather use it as an example of the "shared sacrifice" that every American must be willing to make (other than union members, trial lawyers, wall street traders, Hollywood activists, political allies, and members of the House and Senate) in order to clean up the mess that George Bush made. As an additional cost cutting measure, Mr. Emanuel also has ordered the White House staff to immediately discontinue use any and all use of the term "Hope" when discussing the administration's policies, particularly in front of the First Turkey.

Posted by: The Guy in the Stall Next to You at November 24, 2009 12:50 PM

"Back on your heads, peasants!"

But I'm not done with my coffee.....uhh, 13 shot venti soy hazelnut vanilla cinnamon white mocha with extra white mocha and caramel with whipped cream and a cherry on top! (Can't have the whipped cream without the cherry, yanno.)

Help, help, I'm bein' repressed!
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at November 24, 2009 01:55 PM

??? You don't have any *room* for coffee after you've stuck all that stuff in the cup!

Posted by: BillT at November 25, 2009 12:19 AM

Says he whose coffee *recipe* includes a cold chisel and a dead-blow hammer.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at November 25, 2009 03:31 AM

Oh, *there's* an exaggeration.

The only utensils you need for my coffee are a knife and fork...

Posted by: BillT at November 25, 2009 04:37 AM