« | Main | Military Demotivators Results »

November 05, 2009

No words

I was sure by now, God
You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away,
Stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say 'amen'
and it's still raining...

And as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you".
And as Your mercy falls,
I raise my hands and praise
The God who gives and takes away.

And I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands.
For You are who You are
No matter where I am.
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand -
You never left my side.

And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm.

I remember when I stumbled in the wind.
You heard my cry to You
And raised me up again.
My strength is almost gone -
How can I carry on
If I can't find You?

And as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you".
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

I lift my eyes onto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
The maker of heaven and earth.
I lift my eyes onto the hills -
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the maker of heaven and earth.

...and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side.

And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm.

Please take a moment tonight to say a prayer (if you believe) or just offer up a thought for the United States Army and the families of Fort Hood, Texas. "In the midst of life, we are in death".

But it never gets any easier, does it? No matter how much you've seen.

Posted by Cassandra at November 5, 2009 07:09 PM

Comments

It never does.

Posted by: HomefrontSix at November 5, 2009 10:07 PM

Just goes to show that none of us is safe...anywhere. Not really, anyway...

Posted by: camojack at November 6, 2009 12:34 AM

I don't believe it is supposed to get easier.
Some things are just supposed to be hard.
sigh.

Posted by: Carrie at November 6, 2009 09:52 AM

"When through firey trials thy pathway shall lie,
My grace, all-sufficient, shall be thy supply.
The Flames shall not hurt thee, I only design
Thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine.
"The soul that on Jesus doth lean for repose
I will not, I will not desert to its foes.
That soul, though Hell should endevour to shake
I'll never, no never, no never forsake."

But He didn't say that it won't be uncomfortable

Posted by: LittleRed1 at November 6, 2009 09:59 AM

"No words" is good.

Posted by: htom at November 6, 2009 11:45 AM

Odi et amo; quare id faciam, fortasse requiris. Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

I hate and I love; why i do so you may well ask. I do not know,but I feel it happen and am in agony.

-Catullus Carmina no. 85

Posted by: spd rdr at November 6, 2009 11:46 AM

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give unto you. Not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

We will not forget.

Posted by: Cricket at November 6, 2009 03:15 PM

I am more outraged than saddened. How many more tragedies like this must we suffer before we take the PC gloves off?

For whatever reason, whether societal, religious, cultural, or all three, Muslims, particularly muslim men, have a significant likelihood of going nuts and suddenly killing people. This guy was supposedly a normal, americanized Arab. Nevertheless, he wakes up one day and decides to "go jihadi". When the shouts of Allahu Akbar are over, dozens of real americans are dead or wounded.

We should put certain legal restrictions on Muslim men and be done with it. We already do this with certain groups, like convicted felons and sex offenders, but have never done so by ethnic or religious criteria. If muslim men don't like it, then they can do their part to change such laws by not killing people.

We already have laws restriciting what crazy or mentally incompetent can do, just enlarge this to include a group of crazies like Muslim men. How many more soldiers need to be massacred, planes blown up, skyscrapers come crashing down, or civilians "snipered" before we get serious about the problem?

I am not talking about Nissei-type internment camps, but simply restrictions such as ownership of firearms, access to explosives or deadly chemicals, greater scrutiny at airports and security checkpoints, greater surveillance of expired visas, etc.

Sure, the PC crowd will immediately call us racist, but they call conservatives that on a regular basis anyway. Plus, I have always held that common sense is not racist, but an application of logic to existing facts. For example, if the Blue Hat Cult, all of whose members wear blue hats, suddenly went on a terrorist spree, common sense would dictate that the public be more guarded and suspicious with respect to persons wearing blue hats. If the Blue Hat Cult kept up its terrorist attacks for decades on a regular basis, then only a supreme fool, or a liberal, would hesitate to take proactive steps against wearers of blue hats.

How many more must die on the altar of political correctness before we get serious?

Posted by: a former european at November 6, 2009 03:21 PM