« | Main | Sunday Night Flashback »

November 14, 2009

One of These Things Is Not Like the Others

Thousand Prostrations.bmp

obama_bow.jpg

obama-flag-300x256.jpg

Update: Heh... :)

Update II: OMG.

Posted by Cassandra at November 14, 2009 08:20 PM

Comments

Pictures speak thousands of words, don't they! Heh!

At least the teleprompter is saluting - in the last pic.

Posted by: beth at November 14, 2009 08:45 PM

LMAO Cass!

Posted by: Greta at November 14, 2009 08:47 PM

I would love for this guy to let us in on his protest. He’s obviously not saluting for some reason, a rather classless thing to do, considering that oath thing he took. I’ve never felt more qualified to be the POTUS than today.

Posted by: d3ft punk at November 14, 2009 09:49 PM

nailed it!

Posted by: jane at November 14, 2009 10:22 PM

Maybe we are being too hard on him. He's looking really hard at the teleprompter in that last picture. The TOTUS might have forgotten to tell him to salute, or maybe TOTUS is intentionally setting him up for failure. That would be a Vast TOTUS conspiracy.

Posted by: beth at November 14, 2009 10:37 PM

Well, lessee --

-- in the first pic, he's obviously going for the ring-kiss;

-- in the second pic, he's demonstrating actual *respect* for an ally (for a change);

-- in the third pic, he's waiting for Axelrod to flick his switch from "standby" to "on"...

So ackshully, *none* of 'em are alike.

BTW, according to Japanese protocol, Obie is rendering "Miserable Peasant To His Heavenly Overlord" obeisance...

Posted by: BillT at November 15, 2009 12:26 AM

But wait! He didn't bow to QEII.
There is also another pic of him during the campaign where he blatantly didn't salute the flag.

TOTUS might prompt him, but you know what an 0ff-the-cuff-let's-talk-plainly-kind-of-guy he is.

Posted by: Cricket at November 15, 2009 08:39 AM

Awwh! He's just proud to show-off his "MADE IN JAPAN" stamp, on the top of his head.

Posted by: Boquisucio at November 15, 2009 08:47 AM

Somedays, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

What.a.putz.

Posted by: Carrie at November 15, 2009 10:42 AM

Was that one of the days the Obamas weren't proud of their country?

Posted by: RIslander at November 15, 2009 11:34 AM

I was so happy to see these pictures side by side!Thank you for the great post.

Posted by: Mrs.Smith at November 15, 2009 05:33 PM

Yep, that's the second picture I've seen of Obama with his hands crossed over his crotch instead of holding one over his heart. There must be some meaning there, but I'm no psych doctor, nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn last night...

Posted by: camojack at November 16, 2009 12:26 AM

OMG. I just spit out my coffee, Camo. Next time, you might warn a person!

Posted by: Cassandra at November 16, 2009 12:35 AM

The third pic was taken during the Veterans' Day ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery, which, considering his performance at Dover, only confirms that Dover was merely a photo-op.

Posted by: BillT at November 16, 2009 12:53 AM

maybe there's a secret message on the top of his head. like a button.

Posted by: phil at November 16, 2009 03:16 AM

Can we please stop with "a bow is a sign of respect"? In Japan at least, it's not. It's a sign of SUBSERVIENCE. The gesture is explicit, 'if this servant offends you, please take his head'. Though to be fair, were he a peasant, he'd be required to place his forehead on the ground while prostrate before the "Divine One".

As has been so CLEARLY demonstrated on the web, this was NOT "protocol" or "being polite". In reality it was ignorance. I don't think he was showing his allegiance, that's dumb to claim. However, he DID demonstrate that either his staff is either too afraid to tell him what to do, to incompetent to tell him what to do, or they tell him what to do but "Teh Won" knows all and sees all so doesn't NEED to be told what to do. I'm actually betting on the first option.

And one last thing, I'm dead certain that this is the FIRST time a US President has EVER bowed to an Emperor. Ever.

Posted by: MikeD at November 16, 2009 09:47 AM

Do you think the Secret Service would rough me up too much if I gave him a swift kick in the backside? I mean, when he's bent over like that its like he's just begging for a boot up the ass.

Posted by: a former european at November 16, 2009 06:15 PM

OMG. I just spit out my coffee, Camo. Next time, you might warn a person!
Posted by: Cassandra at November 16, 2009 12:35 AM

I was thinking in terms of "psych" doctors like the Muslim who went on a killing spree at Fort Hood. I have thought (for quite some time) that a sizable percentage of people in that profession have issues of their own, hence the motivation to follow that particular career path. However, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, either...

Posted by: camojack at November 17, 2009 01:32 AM