« Obama Doesn't "Get" the Military He Commands | Main | Five Years Ago Today »

November 08, 2009

Post-Foucaultian Sexuality???

The epistemology of the natural is homologous with the systemization of agency.

Create your own incomprehensible sentence here.

Or take the easy way out:

Pootwattle's critique of the relationship between the project of post-Foucaultian sexuality and the (re)formation of romantic inwardness represents a belated form of intellectual triage.

Not since the Chomskybot and the Alanis Morrisette lyric generator have we had so much fun.

Posted by Cassandra at November 8, 2009 08:25 PM

Comments

Heh. I think Smedley is ghostwriting for one of my grad students. It takes me twice as long to read her papers as any of the others, and she is indignant that I'm grading her down for thick language.

Posted by: Deb Conrad at November 8, 2009 09:37 PM

'Intellectual triage.'

Uh, is that like a 'gee you're dumb?'

Just asking. I have a Paper to write on the Relevance of the FASB for this week (due to tomorrow at midnight), and the Tome has just been consulted as to Depreciation Methods relevant to Mining Companies.

Posted by: Cricket at November 8, 2009 10:19 PM

Takes a lot to make me chuckle this weekend after Mistress Nancy has cackled, but Pootwadttle and Smedley made me laugh.

Virtual comics?

Posted by: Koblog at November 8, 2009 10:19 PM

The eroticization of post-capitalist hegemony carries with it the politics of pedagogical institutions.

I am edified.

Posted by: Cricket at November 8, 2009 10:22 PM

Cricket, I'm still trying to work "Alan Greenspan's ass" into a sentence but I expect Don Brouhaha will be along soon to regale us :p

Posted by: Cassandra at November 8, 2009 10:33 PM

The superexploitation of the paloeprogressive movement through the use of anomalous geo-engineering ecostrategies postulates a negative Southern Oscillation Index reduction in Global Carbon Reductions equal to the volume of Alan Greenspan's ass.

Posted by: BillT at November 9, 2009 12:08 AM

Or, I could just plagiarize:

"In pantomime dame's stringed mobcap, crinoline and bustle, widow Twankey's blouse with muttonleg sleeves buttoned behind, grey mittens and cameo brooch, her hairplaited in a crisping net, appears over the staircase banisters, a slanted candlestick in her hand and cries out in shrill alarm."

Posted by: camojack at November 9, 2009 01:09 AM

spd rdr is James Joyce?

Posted by: BillT at November 9, 2009 02:09 AM

I really, really wish I could swipe some of these to use in my final paper. I may slip one in there just for laughs and giggles. Priceless.

Posted by: Cricket at November 9, 2009 09:03 AM

Post-Foucaultian Sexuality

Gosh that sounds lewd and lascivious. I love it ;).

Posted by: El Cid at November 9, 2009 09:33 AM

There is always Sean Gleeson's Autorantic Virtual Moonbat, for those times when you can't find a real moonbat to argue with.

If you always wondered where real moonbats got their arguments -- mystery solved.

Posted by: lumpy at November 9, 2009 10:17 AM

Aaaaand Number One in Google for "Post-Foucaultian Sexuality" is

*tearing end off envelope and shaking out --*

Villainous Company.

Number Two is a (no-doubt very erudite) tome dealing with the post-Foucaltian social construction of

*koff*

prostitution.

Posted by: BillT at November 9, 2009 10:29 AM

The eroticization of post-capitalist hegemony asks to be read as the historicization of linguistic transparency, tattooed across Alan Greenspan's ass.

WORD!

(Okay, I just added that last phrase to insinuate myself with this crowd. But Andrea Mitchell told me that!)

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at November 9, 2009 01:52 PM

That was my laugh for the day, Don :)

I don't think I'll ever forget that thread.

Posted by: Cassandra at November 9, 2009 01:56 PM

The phenomenology of this sort of expostulation is an heterologous expression of a deranged mind.

Posted by: Allen at November 9, 2009 03:35 PM

For truly mind-numbing writing, its hard to beat the heyday of Pravda. Old-school classics like: The Trotskyite inversion of the principles of the Dialectic masquerade as symbolic repudiation of the class struggle juxtaposed with Kulak dynamics, and ipso facto jingoistic materialism and analogous crypto-capitalist heuristic exploiters.

Posted by: a former european at November 9, 2009 04:50 PM

I think my prefrontal cortex just exploded :p

Posted by: Cassandra at November 9, 2009 04:55 PM

Ooh! Jingoistic materialism! More fun than an I-pod full of Obama speeches!

I practice jingoistic materialism every weekend at Home Depot. I am only restrained by the fear of my checking account balance and the wrath of my wife. I need a new hammer drill to make holes in the foundation of my house, as my old one gave up the ghost last summer. 18.8 volt lithium battery-charged power tools. Jingo!!

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at November 9, 2009 09:17 PM

the wrath of my wife

That sounds like a bad sequel, Don.

"SUDDEN FURY II: The Wrath of my Wife!"

Posted by: Cassandra at November 9, 2009 10:36 PM

She is wrathful, like a bowl of soggy spaghetti. :D

Our kitty is more wrathful. She bites my ankles after I get out of the shower every morning.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at November 9, 2009 11:16 PM

spd rdr is James Joyce?
Posted by: BillT at November 9, 2009 02:09 AM

Hmmm...maybe, but without the vowels. ;-)

Posted by: camojack at November 10, 2009 12:31 AM

Don't worry, Don. Obama assures me that, when the Revolution comes, we will all be provided not only hammers, but sickles as well!

Now go teach the neighborhood children a Paean to sing to The Most Beloved Leader.

Posted by: a former european at November 10, 2009 02:48 AM