« One of These Things Is Not Like the Others | Main | "Squirrelizing" Obama »

November 15, 2009

Sunday Night Flashback

Look what I found while cleaning out the basement. Amazing how a song can make you feel 15 again.

Don't remember Kenny Rogers looking that scruffy though :p

Here's another one. Could only find a cover, but it's not half bad:

Christmas music!

I used to play this album while decorating the tree. What a hoot.

Posted by Cassandra at November 15, 2009 11:01 PM

Comments

Don't remember Kenny Rogers looking that scruffy though

Back when you were still a mere child, that look wasn't considered "scruffy" -- it was '60s Retro...

Posted by: BillT at November 16, 2009 12:23 AM

Oh, I remember that :p

I dated one or two guys who looked like that. Although I generally didn't let my Dad catch sight of them :p

Posted by: Cassandra at November 16, 2009 12:31 AM

Somewhere I have a photo of my esteemed spouse with long hair and a handlebar mustache. I still remember the first time I saw him completely clean shaven and with a short, military haircut.

It took me about a week to get used to it! He grew a beard the first year we were married. His mother would pull me aside every time she saw me and say, "Can't you get him to shave that thing off?" :p

Posted by: Cassandra at November 16, 2009 12:34 AM

I shaved my mustache off before I went on leave in May.

For three days, KtLW kept saying, "I think you've lost weight -- you look *different* somehow..."

Posted by: BillT at November 16, 2009 03:33 AM

Kenny Rogers, back in the First Edition days... wonder what condition his condition is in now...

Posted by: Cousin Dave at November 16, 2009 10:17 AM

OMG. I had forgotten that song...

Heh :)

Posted by: Cassandra at November 16, 2009 12:35 PM

You found YouTube in your basement?? (I guess that explains the noises I keep hearing from under the trapdoor, and here I thought it was just bthun tap, tap tapping on the cellar door.) Does Google know about this? I hope they're paying rent......or at least buying the beer.

Why do you always clean out the basement when the Unit is deployed?
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at November 16, 2009 02:33 PM

I like Badfinger, but "No Matter What" and "Come and Get it" are way better songs than "Baby Blue".

Posted by: a former european at November 16, 2009 05:58 PM

Perhaps. That's a matter of taste.

And the memories that go with it.

Posted by: Cassandra at November 16, 2009 09:41 PM

Why do you always clean out the basement when the Unit is deployed?

You can ask a woman who hasn't had sex for two months a question like that? It is a very clean basement.

Posted by: Cassandra at November 16, 2009 09:43 PM

"You can ask a woman who hasn't had sex for two months a question like that?"

Yeah.
0>;~}
Did you water-seal the walls while you were at it this time?

Posted by: DL Sly at November 16, 2009 11:19 PM