« Five Years Ago Today | Main | The Road Ahead »

November 09, 2009

The Home Stretch

Tomorrow is the Marine Corps Birthday. One of the traditions we keep to in the Corps is the Commandant's Birthday message - it is played at every Marine Corps Ball and at any place where Marines gather all over the world. This is last year's message from the Commandant and Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps. It makes the point that Marines have been at the forefront of the war on terror for over a quarter of a century:

The Marine team is within sight of our 35K goal, but we need your help to get there! I can't think of a better way to celebrate the birth of our Corps than to boost the Marine team to its first victory ever.

Valour IT provides adaptive technology to help severely wounded vets recover faster, establish a support system, and regain their independence. Since the program began, every single dollar raised by Valour IT has been used to provide:

· 4,100+ voice activated laptops

· over 30 Wii systems

· and nearly 100 handheld GPS devices to wounded vets at:

Balboa Naval Hospital
Naval Hospital, Camp Pendleton
Brooke Army Medical Center
Robert E. Bush Naval Hospital
Madigan RMC
Walter Reed AMC
National Naval MC (Bethesda)
and VA centers nationwide.

The men and women of the United States military have given their all to defend the values we Americans hold dear. For the price of a few sixpacks of beer, you can tell them that you honor their sacrifices and their service. Please give generously.

GO MARINES!!!

Posted by Cassandra at November 9, 2009 08:39 AM

Comments

Cassandra, My wife was killed at Fort Hood before deploying to Iraq. Could you email me? I have a question. Thanks.

Posted by: philip at November 9, 2009 11:05 AM

Philip:

I have sent an email to you. "I am sorry" sounds so trite.

I don't know what I can say that adequately addresses your loss. If there is anything I can do, you know you have only to ask.

Posted by: Cassandra at November 9, 2009 11:43 AM

Philip, I am so terribly sorry for your loss.

Posted by: MaryAnn at November 9, 2009 12:06 PM

Philip,
I am very sorry for your loss. I live in San Diego and if there is anything I can do for you and your family, please let me know. capt.whalen@gmail.com

Posted by: Curtis at November 9, 2009 01:15 PM

Philip, I am sorry for your loss also. Cassandra, if there is a need Philip has that I might help fulfill, you have my email address.

Posted by: Donna B. at November 9, 2009 11:29 PM

Phillip, I'm so sorry. If there's anything I can do, let me know.

Posted by: Little Miss Attila at November 10, 2009 05:05 AM

Philip,
I want to add my most sincere condolences as well.
I am so very sorry and like everyone else, if there is something that I can do, let me know.

Posted by: Carrie at November 10, 2009 07:04 AM

So, so sorry to hear this, Philip. My sympathy and condolences, too, and prayers for all of you.

Posted by: htom at November 10, 2009 11:30 AM

My condolences, sympathy, and prayers for all of you, too, Philip.

Posted by: htom at November 10, 2009 11:33 AM