« MSNBC: A Bastion of White Privilege | Main | Amateur Hour in the Oval Office Continues.... »

November 23, 2009

Why It's Dangerous To Send Me Down Memory Lane

Posted by Cassandra at November 23, 2009 01:43 PM

Comments

Just say no to temptation.

Posted by: I Call BS at November 23, 2009 04:58 PM

Let me tell you 'bout a story 'bout a man named Charlie. . .

Posted by: tabitharuth at November 23, 2009 06:13 PM

Oh, man! I meant to put MTA up there, too!

Posted by: Cassandra at November 23, 2009 06:15 PM

Ah, now you're talking. The Kingston Trio was a great band.

Posted by: Grim at November 23, 2009 07:12 PM

I was hoping you'd enjoy this, Grim :)

Posted by: Cassandra at November 23, 2009 07:18 PM

My Dad sang barbershop quartet in college, so we grew up with lots of music in the house.

Posted by: Cassandra at November 23, 2009 07:19 PM

How did you miss "The Merry Minuet"?

Posted by: Pogue at November 23, 2009 07:52 PM

"Just say no to temptation."

Your comment served what purpose? Other than to *crap* on this post, that is. Yanno, from my POV, while you may not necessarily *be* a tool, commentary like this indicates you bear an overwhelmingly strong resemblance to a tool-like object.

Posted by: DL Sly at November 23, 2009 08:23 PM

I recall I once threatened to play "Scotch and Soda" at you on the 12-string and didn't strike fear into your heart...

Posted by: BillT at November 24, 2009 04:58 AM

You didn't include "MTA"!

Posted by: Cousin Dave at November 24, 2009 08:58 AM

MTA was actually the 1st or second one I found. I think I just had too many windows open and lost track of what I'd pasted into the little window. Sorry!

Here you go:

Posted by: Cassandra at November 24, 2009 11:49 AM

I was never a big fan of the trio, but S&S was a killer - probably number one on the juke at the College Barn (our hangout between classes). I vaguely recall being driven back to my final class of the day in the trunk of a buddies Triumph TR4 after a rousing game of Buzz after a few plays of S&S. I'm told - but don't remember - falling asleep with my head on the lap of a pretty nursing student. How I accomplished that feat is also a mystery to me some 40-odd years later.

Posted by: Bruce at November 24, 2009 12:25 PM

The 'Wreck of the John B' by the Kingston Trio I think...was better than the Beach Boys version.

Posted by: Cricket at November 30, 2009 09:34 AM