« Great Moments in Law Enforcement Reporting | Main | Quote of the Day »

December 14, 2009

After Work Foolishness

Sorry Grim. Didn't mean to mess you up:

xmas_tree2009.jpg

My dog is being a complete fool tonight. Though I am severely tempted, I will not humiliate him by posting the sordid evidence of his shameless romps through the gift tissue. Here he is in younger and more ferocious days:

sausage2.jpg

For Olga :)

sausage.jpg

Somewhere I have a photo of him at the same age, tearing across the carpet like a herd of buffalo - ears flying - with a big red ribbon in his mouth. That is the best one, but I can't recall where I put it.

Posted by Cassandra at December 14, 2009 07:45 PM

Comments

my previous comment got eaten by the web gremlins but here we go again:
1. the tree is very nice
2. your little guy is very adorable (the previous picture really showed off his genuine excitement of his first Christmas :o))
3. I would love to see at least 1 picture of his rolling in the wrapping paper :o)

Posted by: olga at December 14, 2009 08:52 PM

No worries, dear lady. I just thought it looked like fun. :)

Posted by: Grim at December 14, 2009 08:57 PM

Grim, I think that you need to send the lady a few knives. Her block is down to one.

Nice tree by the way.

Posted by: Russ at December 15, 2009 03:30 AM

I do have a few extra that I could send, actually. However, they're not really cooking knives.

Posted by: Grim at December 15, 2009 07:13 AM

That warn't a knife in th' butcher's block, it war th' handle fer *throwin'* it when th' trivet's outta reach...

Posted by: BillT at December 15, 2009 07:29 AM

That's a dashing little sausage. And they say it's a dog's life, like that's a bad thing. =8^}

Posted by: bt_of-the-dragged-knuckles-clan_hun at December 15, 2009 07:47 AM

Awwwh! Love pictures of kids and Christmas Day, specially those who sport four legs and a wagging tail.

Posted by: Boquisucio at December 15, 2009 08:46 AM

Boq, if the kids are sporting four legs and a tail, you might want to make sure the missus hasn't been cheating on you.

Posted by: MikeD at December 15, 2009 09:14 AM

"...if the kids are sporting four legs and a tail..."
From whence do you think I got this last name?

Posted by: Jerry Springer at December 15, 2009 09:24 AM

Thanks!!
He is sooo adorable, Cassandra, I feel like reaching into my monitor, hug him and place a smooch on his very sweet and expressive face :o)

Posted by: olga at December 15, 2009 12:44 PM

Heh
Now when I get my next bout of Puppy Fever, I have someone to blame it on.
The VES will like that.
MH? Well, it is the season for giving, afterall....
You giv'ded me an excuse for Puppy Fever;
I giv'ded you the blame.
Everybody's happy!!
0>:~}

Posted by: DL Sly at December 15, 2009 03:18 PM

Ah, the feral doxie. There is no finer killer on the planet.

Posted by: John of Argghhh! at December 15, 2009 04:56 PM

He is wily and fierce, John.

Sly, my next door neighbor just got a puppy from the shelter. He is very cute.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 15, 2009 07:18 PM

I love the smell of plastic in December!

Posted by: I Call BS at December 16, 2009 01:15 AM

It smell like...

plasticy smelling...

stuff...

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at December 17, 2009 09:44 AM

He is a great dog. He has a sweet little face just begging for smoochies and skritches behind the ears and a back rub.

Posted by: Cricket at December 18, 2009 08:48 PM

Today I bought him a new puff (that's what I call his bed)

He is old now and gets cold. I brought the puff inside and he promptly got on top of it and hasn't moved for 3 hours.

For all the things dogs do that fill us with joy, there is not that much we can do for them to pay them back. I smile every time I look over at him.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 18, 2009 09:55 PM

Cass~
Check your email, please. You'll see one or two in there from me from the past week or so...

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at December 18, 2009 10:02 PM