« Quote of the Day | Main | Betrayal/Humiliation, Continued »

December 14, 2009

Blogs With A Penis...

Via Attila.

Hopefully, this is not the end of the trail:

...there are many trails in this life. You must choose the trail of a true human being. Whether or not you run this trail with a penis is not important. Oppressive gender issues are only important to the white man.

Damn it, Pile. I miss you.

Posted by Cassandra at December 14, 2009 09:41 PM

Comments

Speaking only for myself, I prefer to run it WITH ...

Posted by: I Call BS at December 14, 2009 11:48 PM

Ah! Another field day! Cleaning coffee out of the keyboard...
Oh look! There's potato, carrot, and lentil bits from the last time.

BTW, does the Indian's name change as <name-based-assumption> he </name-based-assumption> ages? If so, he'd better check the registry.

Just sayin'...

Posted by: bt_of-the-dragged-knuckles-clan_hun at December 15, 2009 08:06 AM

Isn't that like running with scissors?

Posted by: Cricket at December 15, 2009 08:12 AM

Yeah. I miss ole Pile. But then jou know hwat dey say:

All de ladies lob thee Seeenior Pile Juan ;p

Aye yay yay yay
All de ladies lob Pile Juan!
We're clipping hees grasses
And edging hees lawn
Fescue and Bermuda
At El Casa de On.

Posted by: Mexican Chinese Jewish-American Lawn Chica at December 15, 2009 08:38 AM

I never would have that that "James" was a woman having never before read anything that she wrote while pretending to be a "man." But now having read her piece I find it hard to believe that anyone would have thought her to be a him. It's so obvious. First, real men use fancy french words like "plateau" and "psuedonym' when perfectly good English concepts like "flat lined" and "fake name" will get the point across with the perfume. Second, real men don't wear women's underpants, except in certain circumstances not germane here, and never while blogging. If James really hoped to pass her self off as a male blogger, then she would have to go commando under her pajamas like all truly serious male bloggers do. Take Andrew Sullivan for example. Do you think that he's concerned about whether people think he's a man when they read his stuff? Not hardly. Why? Because he's naked, that's why. And naked people, whether they be male or otherwise, mean to be taken seriously. Ask Pile.

Posted by: spd rdr at December 15, 2009 02:44 PM

Puzzle time!!!

See if you can plug the following words into the comment above and make it make sense!

guess

don't

out (trick alert!)

Valuable Prizes to the first 350 winning winners!

Posted by: spd rdr at December 15, 2009 02:53 PM

By the way, I'm not really a man. I'm a tuna.

Posted by: spd rdr at December 15, 2009 02:55 PM

I don't think Mrs. Juan would appreciate us asking her husband out.

Jus' sayin'.....
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at December 15, 2009 03:11 PM

Personally, I find fingers to be more effective for blogging.

Posted by: Ilíon at December 15, 2009 06:23 PM

Well, Pile Juan would not go out with any of the roughly 2 million ladies competing for the right to mow his lawn :p

He has a very lovely wife. He knows that I am just messing with him.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 15, 2009 07:16 PM

Messing with Pile On: OK

Messing with Sasquatch: Bad idea.

Just wanted to clear that up. Don't confuse the two.

Carry on.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at December 15, 2009 08:24 PM

I think pseudonym is a fancy English word, or maybe a non-fancy Latin word.

Posted by: I Call BS at December 15, 2009 08:41 PM

pseu·do·nym (sōōd'n-ĭm')
n. A fictitious name, especially a pen name.

[French pseudonyme, from Greek pseudōnumon, neuter of pseudōnumos, falsely named : pseudēs, false; see pseudo- + onuma, name; see n-men- in Indo-European roots.]
pseu'do·nym'i·ty n., pseu·don'y·mous (sōō-dŏn'ə-məs) adj., pseu·don'y·mous·ly, adv.

From the American Heritage Dictionary (online).
****
Or maybe he just meant nom de guerre? That's French, fer shure.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha, my nom de guerre at December 15, 2009 11:44 PM

I think pseudonym is a fancy English word, or maybe a non-fancy Latin word.

It may even be Italian :p

Posted by: Cassandra at December 16, 2009 08:36 AM

Heheheheheh

Posted by: bthun at December 16, 2009 09:51 AM

Larry's authoritative root word of the day, sponsored by Red Man® Select:

ROOT -- MEANINGS

pseud/o -- Shoes worn by Elvis, medium on which black light Elvis portraits are painted

Sample Words and Definitions

pseudonym[ph] - young female portrait artist of Elvis who is often found in a wood by a manufactured home community;
pseudoscience - political theory where extra social services are promised to ever increasing populations with promises of no corresponding increase in taxes or spending cuts;
pseudopregnancy - Planned Parenthood counciling literature.

Posted by: Larry at December 16, 2009 10:16 AM

French pseudonyme

Don't doubt the tuna. [from Spanish atún, from Arabic tūn, from Latin thunnus tunny, from Greek Τόνου]

Posted by: spd rdr at December 16, 2009 10:20 AM

You are all certifiably insane :)

Don't ever change.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 16, 2009 11:58 AM

Don't doubt the tuna

I though it was "Don't fear the rooster".

Or something...

Posted by: Blue Alice Cult in Chains at December 16, 2009 01:59 PM

I am a man. Sometimes, though, I am a lusty pirate when my ladyfriend wishes to pretend she's a helpless maiden captured by me on the Spanish Main. Gaaarr! Let the bodice-ripping, Harlequin Romance-style games begin!:)

I don't think being a lusty tuna would work as well.

Posted by: a former european at December 16, 2009 03:27 PM

Never doubt the power of albacore AFE!

Posted by: MikeD at December 16, 2009 04:25 PM

"I though it was "Don't fear the rooster".
Ye be close. Tis don't fear the rapier.

Posted by: Rob Roy McGregor at December 16, 2009 05:50 PM

I think if you start the race with a penis, that's how you ought to end it.

Posted by: Tony at December 18, 2009 03:42 PM