« Wrong Priorities | Main | As I Suspected »

December 04, 2009

Help! Help! I'm Being Repressed!!!

In other news, men seriously underrepresented in the ranks of Hooters waitresses.

What a traveshamockery.

Posted by Cassandra at December 4, 2009 12:22 PM

Comments

I always get angry (not the right word, but I'm not terribly creative at the moment) at these kind of ridiculous 'quotas'. I'm sorry, a Black or Hispanic doctor is NO BETTER OR WORSE at treating a patient than a White doctor. So what the hell does it matter? And these same quota-ists will COMPLETELY ignore the population ratios when it comes to sports. To be fair, I've never heard anyone complain that there aren't enough Blacks in ice hockey, but I have heard that complaint about NASCAR. It's just stupid. If Jesse Jackson gets his knickers in a wad about NASCAR (and he did), is he going to demand the NBA hire more white players? Of course not... but we don't cotton to "facts" and "logic" in these here parts. *rolleyes*

Posted by: MikeD at December 4, 2009 12:29 PM

That's because outcome-based discrimination is very much a function of convenience.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 4, 2009 12:47 PM

Here in Charleston, if you're actually going out for the Wings you go to Wild Wings.

If you're going out for decent wings served up by pretty, smiling waitresses, you go to Hooters.

Each has their place - and I usually go out for the wings. I like food.

That said, when I do drop by Hooters it's not to see guy waiters.

Posted by: Darius at December 4, 2009 01:51 PM

I have never been inside of a Hooters before.

But then I've never seen a male stripper either. Can't say that I feel in any way deprived by either lack in my experience. Must be something terribly, terribly wrong with me.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 4, 2009 01:59 PM

Come to think of it there's an idea. how about a place for women called "Pectorals". Of course we would need a vote by the ladies for shaven or unshaven.

Cheers

Posted by: Allen at December 4, 2009 03:22 PM

One of the funnier stories to come out of our time at a long ago duty station was a Friday night when we were all sitting around drinking. We were snarking about watching Marines run by in those little shorts and one of the wives blurts out, "Dayum... I saw The Unit out running without his shirt on and he has the most AWESOME pecs!"

You had to know this person - she was so sweet and funny that I just busted out laughing. After that, she used to call him "Gregory Peck" - mostly, I suspect, because it embarrased the heck out of him.

He does have a very nice looking chest, and I'll admit that I enjoy looking at it very much. I expect this will sound weird, but I would feel very uncomfortable looking at someone else's, though. I am not sure why, but there it is.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 4, 2009 03:35 PM

I could do with a restaurant that caters to the distaff side of the equation. But no bare chests, please. Health department and all that. Salads, nice entrees, good looking waiters and a three-page dessert menu . . .

Posted by: LittleRed1 at December 4, 2009 05:04 PM

I think that would make me uncomfortable. I wouldn't know what to do with my eyeballs :p

Posted by: Cassandra at December 4, 2009 05:43 PM

I don't think manboobs will have the same effect on the ladies as the reverse. This is a bad policy for Hooters.

Posted by: a former european at December 4, 2009 05:43 PM

Und, yer dining vish es... our komand.

Posted by: Hans-n-Franz at December 4, 2009 06:12 PM

My sister & BIL had their rehearsal dinner at Hooters. It was the location of their first date... My sisters both like going there, but more for the service. The waitresses know (unless one particular friend of my sisters is along) that they won't have to put up with risque commentary at their table.

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at December 4, 2009 08:43 PM

My mother in law wanted to go to Hooters so the wife and I reluctantly tagged along.

The waitresses there were scantily clad, but so under-endowed, that I thought they should change the name of the restaurant to Breastlet's :)

Posted by: Tony at December 10, 2009 12:47 PM