« | Main | Your Daily Dose of Gender Bigotry and Man Hatred »

January 18, 2010

Blogging

My apologies for the lame blogging. I'm still on the road. Will be back Tuesday and will try to get something up then...

...if only to put a stop to the Fact Checking thread :p

Posted by Cassandra at January 18, 2010 02:15 PM

Comments

Yah... Et haas been vedy kaviet aroond heah lately. Ze villains have been resless ef not on ze verg of a riot.

A riot is an ungly thing... undt, I tink, that it is chust about time ve had vun.

Posted by: Inspector Kemp at January 18, 2010 03:30 PM

"...if only to put a stop to the Fact Checking thread :p"

Well, now why ya gonna go and do a durn-fool thing like that for? It's like you're some kind of neo-nazi MAN-Hater or something. Not to mention a mean-spirited poopy-head what only wants to harsh everyone's collective mellow.

Posted by: DL Sly at January 18, 2010 03:33 PM

Okay, everybody -- brush up on your sex and relationships, troll-baiting, fact-checking, posting pictures of animals in embarrassing costumes, and '60s songs about the tribulations of transgendered/gender-indeterminate barflies sung by bands with appropriate names.

Extra points will be garnered by any commenter phonetically-transcribing the entire drum solo from "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"...

Posted by: BillT at January 18, 2010 04:10 PM

How many *extra points* we talking 'bout here?
And are they transferable to other Villain-friendly sites like The Castle or MaryAnn's place, etc.?
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at January 18, 2010 05:12 PM

The Engineer and the Young Man are putting the Finishing Touches on the bathroom downstairs.
New floor, medicine chest and FINALLY, a sink.

Next, he will take on putting attic stairs in the ceiling in the hall. FINALLY, a place for the Seasonal Decor to live instead of in the garage.
We might actually put the cars in there again.

Heh.

Posted by: Cricket at January 18, 2010 05:29 PM

*Slides in from 'Fact Checking' post, tires screeching, gears whining*
....haaahaahaahaahaaa.
Heh heheh heheh....whew! Took a while to get off that page.
*snnnicker*
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at January 18, 2010 05:30 PM

"We might actually put the cars in there again."

Nooo! Say it ain't so. Cars inside the garage!? It'll be anarchy! Next thing you know, Congress will listen to their constituents, teachers will start teaching authentic American history, and Bill Clinton will finally define the word *is*.

Posted by: DL Sly at January 18, 2010 05:37 PM

While unable to transcribe, I can attest to the fact that my little sister was a good friend of Ron Bushy's little brother, and she gave me an autographed album cover from IGDV. Not sure where that ever got to....

Unca Sam shore is hozed up. Waiting for the next act of this little drama to play out. Will advise

Posted by: kbob in katy at January 18, 2010 08:37 PM

The Fact Checking thread clocked in at 411 posts, which is appropriately "Directory Information".

In any case, I got nothing against trannies. As long as they're leggy, hot, and not wanting to be the top.

/ducks and runs away

Posted by: Gregory at January 18, 2010 09:23 PM

Sly, I am afraid of putting the cars back in the garage. We had them garaged in MO, and here, until we realized that not only did we have two houses, we had enough FOR two houses. We have purged and now we are down to *one* house again.

Then the remodeling projects started. I can tell you it was rather scary to hear the insane, maniacal laughter of the Engineer and the Young Man when they pulled the deck down two years ago.
It was nailed, not bolted, to the house and the 4 x 4s weren't even in concrete boots. Thing swayed in a gentle breeze.

The first year, we poured the concrete slab, and then the Engineer was laid off. Back to eating beans and rice for a while to pay for the rest of the deck. This fall, it was finished.

I am happy, as this spring, summer and fall, we will be cooking and relaxing outside on our lovely, sturdy, well-built deck.

Posted by: Cricket at January 18, 2010 09:27 PM

Cricket, MH and I have built a deck or five over the years, a couple of which would fit into this category. I wish for you wonderful evenings filled with good food and good company under clear Southern skies.
0>:~}

Posted by: DL Sly at January 18, 2010 10:10 PM

Didn't that make for an awfully long walk when you wanted to check the oil?

Posted by: BillT at January 18, 2010 11:41 PM

"My apologies for the lame blogging."

No need to apologize; lame blogging is the only kind I do.

To wit:

Posted by: camojack at January 19, 2010 01:09 AM

Heh...nope. We were living in MO when the cars had a place to live. That garage was huge. Big enough for the MotherShip (the late van) and the Captain's Yacht (the Jeep) and any friends they wanted to have over.

This garage is a bit smaller; the Precious was fitting just fine until the Engineer walled off part of it; now it is a smaller fit, and the Jeep fits fine.

We just have to get the above-ground pool squared away, and get the CLUs and the Young Man to police up the yard.

Then it will be a fantastic back yard.

Posted by: Cricket at January 19, 2010 09:44 AM

Hey! I *liked* that post, Camo!

Posted by: Cassandra at January 19, 2010 09:54 AM

Hey! I *liked* that post, Camo!
Posted by: Cassandra at January 19, 2010 09:54 AM

Well...perhaps I was being ever so slightly facetious.

Posted by: camojack at January 19, 2010 10:08 AM

*As* I suspected... :p

Posted by: Cassandra at January 19, 2010 10:40 AM

FWIW, camo, I like your site. Commenting is problematic for me because your site only accepts Google or Blogger accounts.
Fantastic pix on your last post, though, btw. I was wondering about the color differences between your pix and the ones from the innertube.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at January 19, 2010 11:05 AM

"I was wondering about the color differences between your pix and the ones from the innertube."
To skim the surface and make a WAG, the green hue is the result of CO2 saturation in the atmosphere. It's what's for dinner...
"brush up on your sex and relationships, troll-baiting, fact-checking, posting pictures of animals in embarrassing costumes, and '60s songs about the tribulations of transgendered/gender-indeterminate barflies sung by bands with appropriate names"
and diatoms, cyanobacteria and dinoflagellates gone wild...

Posted by: Phyto Plankton the IIIx10^1024x10^1024-ad_infinitum at January 19, 2010 11:58 AM

If my car ever saw the inside of a garage, it would probably get confused and leave a mess on the floor.

". . .sex and relationships, troll-baiting, fact checking . . ." Oh great, how did Professor [redacted] find this site? really, oh great department chair, I'm just passing through. Honest.

Posted by: LittleRed1 at January 19, 2010 01:29 PM

Cars go *IN* the garage?!? When the hell did THAT happen???

Posted by: HomefrontSix at January 20, 2010 03:22 AM

0>;~}
Posted by: DL Sly at January 19, 2010 11:05 AM

I limit comments to those with accounts to cut down on anonymous troll-type comments.

As for the differences in color, mine is unaltered, so that's undoubtedly part of the equation; I suspect that ambient and seasonal variations account for the rest.

Yeah, there's that too... ;-)

Posted by: camojack at January 20, 2010 03:38 AM

No cars in our garage! I think we got both the truck and the aztek in the garage when we first moved here. That lasted for about 35 hours.
The garage is for incubating chicken and duck eggs. It is the goat infirmary. It is my fiber studio (well, will be, anyway, maybe someday). It is where my potters wheel and my kiln live.
And right now, it is also where many things from the Auld Soldier's house are stored until we figure out where to put them.

Posted by: Beth Donovan at January 20, 2010 09:06 AM

Sounds like there needs to be a barn/workshop/garage raising at the Donovan's.

Posted by: bthun at January 20, 2010 09:12 AM