« I, For One, Demand to be Called, "Sugar Mama" | Main | Flying While Male? »

January 19, 2010

Do *You* Have a Soul Portait???

I didn't think so:

soul_portrait.jpg

Oh. Like you don't imagine yourself shimmying around in the altogether with a ginormous platter of candles balanced precariously on your head??? Whatever. On reflection, it is lacking one thing.

Loooooooooooooooooong day at work, people.

Posted by Cassandra at January 19, 2010 06:19 PM

Comments

You realize that picture is coming back to haunt you......some day.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at January 19, 2010 06:37 PM

Very likely ;p

A bored Cass is a scary thing. It was the candles.

Posted by: Cassandra at January 19, 2010 06:40 PM

I apologize to all those who will have horrible nightmares tonight...

Heh.

Posted by: Cassandra at January 19, 2010 06:49 PM

Why do I keep hearing, "Calgon, take me away." in my head when I see that picture?
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at January 19, 2010 06:54 PM

Ohhhh, I *get* it.....this is the new look for Princess Sugar Mama!

Yeah, it's the candles.....
heh

Posted by: DL Sly at January 19, 2010 06:57 PM

I was hoping for fruit instead of candles.

It lacks...a tattoo.

Posted by: Cricket at January 19, 2010 08:03 PM

*Charges Peabody Labs Defibrillator/Neural-Net-Charged-Particle-RESET® and Bass-o-Matic device at onset of OINKitis...
Cranks appropriate music,
applies paddles and hits discharge button*

*Great Googly Moogly!*

Soul portrait? Nope.

But I came across a portrait of my Great Grand Pappy's family. As I understand it, the portrait was taken shortly before the Riverboat Captain put them ashore, under the gun and without stopping the boat, BTW.

Posted by: bthun at January 19, 2010 08:24 PM

I love it! The Unit and I have one of those somewhere around here.

Posted by: Cassandra at January 19, 2010 08:31 PM

Bwah ha ha!

I don't care who you are, that's right funny!

Cute Cass!!

Posted by: Kbob in katy(@SFO) at January 19, 2010 10:55 PM

You know, I should dig out my wizard's costume from a few Halloweens ago, and see what this guy comes up with. I'm afraid it would be a great big beam of light shining out of my... er, head.

I can't remember which Chakra that's supposed to be.

Posted by: Grim at January 19, 2010 11:26 PM

Malik! I will give you 30 drachmas for the infidel dancing woman. Sell her to me!

-- Mullah Omar Muhammed Abdullah bin Sadr

Posted by: a former european at January 20, 2010 12:24 AM

*Ahab thinks of last deal for woman, Fatima, and how so much joy could be granted by Allah. At least until Fatima ran her Thoroughbred Arabian camel off the crest of a dune, at full gallop, under the full moon.*

Malik! Tell Mullah Omar Muhammed Abdullah bin Sadr, that no son of a tent making, chicken killing, goat herding, oasis maintaining, well digging, Construction Magnate that he is, shall sully the veils of the most illuminated and lovely apparition in flowers, candles, bangles, and spangles in this desert!

Whatever MOMAbinSadr offers, I'll match and toss in two goats, one Mercedes 500 SD turboDiesel --low highway miles but slightly scorched and sandblasted--, and one camel --with slightly canted gate and a fear of cresting dunes, at a gallop, at night.

Ahab the Arab, son of son of son of son of son of Suleiman The Magnificent!

Posted by: Ahab at January 20, 2010 07:46 AM

I'm afraid it would be a great big beam of light shining out of my... er, head.

That was my favorite one :p

I found a really cool background with unicorns too, but I couldn't figure out how to insert myself into the photo.

Posted by: Cassandra at January 20, 2010 08:07 AM

Oh..my..Gaia. That last line is so snark-worthy.
Not to mention your pic in light of the British Airways post.

Posted by: Cricket at January 20, 2010 12:23 PM

Is this your Arthur Brown impression?

Posted by: Cousin Dave at January 20, 2010 02:28 PM

All I know is that British Airways won't let me sit next to small children anymore. Must be the candles.

Posted by: Cassandra at January 20, 2010 02:37 PM

Just wait til we *add* that tattoo......
*snnnort*
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at January 20, 2010 02:48 PM

By the Beard of the Prophet (pbuh)! May Allah curse you Ahab, to resemble a goat's nether parts! You will not steal an infidel dancing woman from me yet again! If I have to turn the entire Red Sea, er... red, with the blood of heretic defilers like you, I will do so in order to obtain the delights of the houri before my eyes! She will feed me sweet dates and iced sherbets, then dance for me like the wily temptress she is! Truly, no ghazi in paradise will know my joy!

-- Mullah Omar Muhammed Abdullah bin Sadr

Posted by: a former european at January 20, 2010 07:36 PM

Ha ha!

Your taunts have reminded me of a story of my great, great, great, great uncle, Mulay Ahmed Muhamed Raisuli the Magnificent, sherif of the Riffian Berbers, who at one time possessed a brave, intelligent, and beautiful western woman. Alas, she ran away from the Raisuli.

Consider that! Mullah Omar Muhammed Abdullah bin Sadr.

I think I will retire to my tent with some goat's cheese and red win, er, grape juice, while I consider raising my offer. And I will advise Malik to place a value upon his head in the bargain!

May peace, and a large dromedary be upon you.

Posted by: Ahab at January 20, 2010 08:27 PM

Actually, this recent photograph came out rather well...

Posted by: camojack at January 21, 2010 01:36 AM

That's perfect. All it needs is some flying dolphins.

Posted by: Grim at January 21, 2010 09:35 AM

*grmpf*

And you whined when *I* made you a blonde...

Posted by: BillT at January 23, 2010 11:50 AM

impressive blog, ive even learned a lot more than i suppose you have realised by browsing this, ill store it and keep coming back in a while

Posted by: Celinda Florek at August 27, 2013 12:33 PM