« Why Men Totally Rock | Main | Defining Conservatism »

January 05, 2010

Quote of the Day

It's called "leading by example":

... Barack Obama is the biggest finger-pointer we have in politics. Almost every speech he gives includes a jab at the prior administration. He has set a pattern of blaming others for whatever is wrong as long as those others are Republicans. Even when he goes overseas he includes jabs at the Bush administration in his speeches; most previous presidents have shown more class when talking to foreign audiences, but not The One. And now he suddenly wants others to avoid pointing fingers at others. Perhaps he should model a different attitude himself.

Unfortunately, President Do_As_I_Say_Not_As_I_Do hasn't a clue how that whole leadership thing works.

Posted by Cassandra at January 5, 2010 06:29 PM

Comments

There's a shock for us. Our erstwhile POTUS must have been a great rabble rouser, errr...community organizer in his day but has no experience in leadership outside the hallowed halls of the academic echo chamber.

It is fascinating to observe BHO as reality intrudes on his monochromatic view of the world and it's villains. I heard today that I can add to my resume the moniker of "chattering class member" to bitter, gun toting, Bible loving illiterate in need of the special guidance only the true literati can bestow on us the unwashed masses. Reality is a cruel teacher especially when the teacher becomes the pupil.

Posted by: vet66 at January 5, 2010 06:49 PM

We've seen Obama's attitude before in history. The phrase coined was, iirc, "L'etat c'est mois". The Sun King was, after all, above criticism.

Posted by: a former european at January 5, 2010 08:27 PM

Slowly, ever so slowly, Americans are waking up to the fact that this poseur is not Presidential material. He is a faux American, with no leadership skills, unable to make a decision that a real American would not hesitate to make.

I would not be surprised if there was an insurrection and articles of treason sworn on warrant against him and most of him cabinet and czars/czarinas. No doubt he would declare martial law and then....

As an American civilian, I would be most embarassed to know that he represents the best interests of my nation and its' people.

It saddens me deeply to know that someone in my lifetime has turned out to be a more monumental failure as a President than Carter, but here we are a year into Obamas' reign, and just when I think it can't get worse...it does.

Decorum keeps me from expressing more vehemently, but I am certain that I am not alone.

Posted by: kbob in katy at January 5, 2010 09:18 PM

Obama's not the first Pacific President -- he's the first Potemkin President...

Posted by: BillT at January 6, 2010 12:09 AM

There is a simple way to describe the leardership displayed by Obama - Not Observed.

Posted by: SShiell at January 6, 2010 10:00 AM

Oh, he's an example alright. That of a spoiled, petulant child who is constantly threatening to take his toys (almost said *ball* there, but then I remembered that he has none) and go home because nobody will play the game *he* wants to play with the rules he wants to make up as he goes along.

Posted by: DL Sly at January 7, 2010 12:10 PM

Obama's comment that the "buck stops here" means that he's been reading "Leadership for Dummies"--picked it up at the second hand table down at the local bookstore.

I hope that the Republicans can find someone able to lead the country between now and the start of the 2012 campaign; the offerings on the Presidential selection list last time around weren't very appetizing.

But if the Republicans can come up with a halfway decent candidate, I predict that Obama will shuffle off into the recesses of our national memory as simply a four year visit from a cousin we wished we'd never met. Of course he will no doubt follow Jimmuh Dimmuh Carter's example, continuing to embarass the nation with outrageous post Presidential claptrap statements. But at least he'll be out of office.

Posted by: Mike Myers at January 11, 2010 11:51 AM