« What Love Is | Main | Paging Nick Kristof!!! »

January 13, 2010

The Chicago Way

Don't like embarrassing questions from the media? No worries! Just apply Chicago Rules:

I’m not certain attacking reporters who ask politicians challenging questions is the best qualification to provide an objective news voice to oppressed parts of the world. I would hope that our Broadcasting Board of Governors could at least agree that reporters should be free from political assaults.

Our Mr. Meehan has some explaining to do. His Senate confirmation hearing should be a hoot.

So much for the most ethical and transparent party, evah:

The Justice Department refused Tuesday to turn over most of the information and documents sought by the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights explaining why a civil complaint was dismissed against members of the New Black Panther Party who disrupted a Philadelphia polling place in the November 2008 elections.

In a 38-page response, the department objected — except for a few court records, letters and procedural documents — to "each and every" question and document request submitted by the commission, saying the subpoenas violated existing executive orders, privacy and privilege concerns, and were burdensome, vague and ambiguous.

Moral of the story: don't ask too many nosy questions and we'll get along just fine.

Posted by Cassandra at January 13, 2010 04:17 PM

Comments

I continue to be amazed that these thugs, like this Meehan character, somehow manage to avoid hitting on folk who would react swiftly to having hands placed upon them.

And does my willingness to contribute to the bail bond of anyone who does react to such assaults with sufficient force make me a bad person? If so, I suppose I'll just have to live with it because I'm sick of this nonsense.

Posted by: bt_NeanderthalsЯUS_hun at January 13, 2010 05:27 PM

Oh yeah, the DoJ, is not... But that's not much of a secret these days.

Posted by: bt_NeanderthalsЯUS_hun at January 13, 2010 05:28 PM

This stuff really distresses me.

Posted by: Beth Donovan at January 13, 2010 05:49 PM

Heh. Meehan just admitted he did it - well, kinda, sorta, anyway = http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/political-media/dem-staffer-apologies-for-shoving-weekly-standard-staffer/

Last evening I was a little too aggressive in the confusion of trying to help the Attorney General get to her car and catch a flight.

I clearly did not intend to cause John McCormack to trip and fall over that low fence. As the video shows and he confirms in his blog, I stopped to help him up and make sure he was OK.

I talked with Mr. McCormack this afternoon and apologized for my part.

A little too aggressive? Has he seen the video of how aggressive he was?

I want this guy charged and tried!

Posted by: Beth Donovan at January 13, 2010 06:01 PM

Ah ha! Should have known. It's all because of those incorrigible GOP Stalkers... They continue, in their daring abandon, to ask questions of their betters.

I can't help but wonder if the Thugessives are taking press relations seminars from that little, fat, sulfur smelling, fool from South America, down Venezuela way?

Posted by: bt_NeanderthalsЯUS_hun at January 13, 2010 06:31 PM

The Chicago Boys wrote the book on *public relations* long, long ago, bt. Used to be they would never have allowed themselves to be caught in the act - always have an alibi (plausible deniability if your 'pay grade' is high enough), don'cha know. Amazing the speed with which their, umm....*audacity* hath grown, idn't?
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at January 13, 2010 07:16 PM

Used to be they would never have allowed themselves to be caught in the act...

That's because they knew there would be a real danger that they would suffer the consequences back in the used-to-be.

Today they know there *no* danger they will suffer any consequences. Any bets that Meehan will get the Medal of Freedom for "his courageous efforts on behalf of Freedom of the Press"...?

Posted by: BillT at January 14, 2010 12:34 AM