« They Walk Among Us | Main | DADT Discharges and Readiness »

February 08, 2010

Unbelievable

What in the holy hell is wrong with people?

Posted by Cassandra at February 8, 2010 09:21 AM

Comments

I have no clue - but then I'm not fond of regular breast implants either.

Of course, I'm just a guy...

Posted by: yak at February 8, 2010 09:40 AM

"I have no clue - but then I'm not fond of regular breast implants either.

Of course, I'm just a guy..."

That makes two of us. Run-flats on a vehicle are good, but on a woman's chest? That strikes me as a little too much like a carnival attraction.

Sheesh, cosmetic augmentation, botox, tucks, lifts, dyes, etc. for other than the disfigured... wow. Just wow.

Little did I realize, when reading Dune all those years ago, that Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, aka the floating fat man, would become the inspiration for a fashion initiative.

But then I never figured I'd see a bunch of middle aged, doughy men running around in, as my old pappy used to call em, training pants, as a means to sell beer. Hey Budweiser! Stick with the Clydesdale team as your marketing tool!

Pheeew... Like the fellow said, GOD is great, beer is good, -exceptions being, IMHO, Bud, Miller, and a few others - but without a doubt, people are bat$#!+ crazy.

Posted by: bt_resisting_the_futility_hun at February 8, 2010 09:52 AM

"What in the holy hell is wrong with people?"

Well, apparently they have sagging... er, ah, spirits!

Actually, I could easily understand this if it allowed them to dispense with the bra. What an uncomfortable-looking device that is.

Posted by: Grim at February 8, 2010 10:19 AM

"What in the holy hell is wrong with people?"
Who dat people you talking about, Willis?

Posted by: spd rdr at February 8, 2010 10:32 AM

And having your chest sliced open is comfortable?

Sorry Grim, but my son, husband and brother all had hernia surgery, during which two SMALL pieces of mesh were surgically inserted into their abdomens.

My brother runs 10 miles a day and has most of his adult life and my husband has always been in excellent physical shape. My son is in great shape too.

All three say they have never felt the same since. And that was a "small" piece of mesh. This just seems bizarre to me. If something is broken that's one thing, but just to get out of wearing underwear?

Posted by: Cassandra at February 8, 2010 10:34 AM

Also, not to be indelicate but there are other reasons to wear a bra.

Cold weather, for instance :p

My husband likes it when I go braless and I do it at home for him but I would not feel comfortable at all walking around in public like that.

Posted by: Cassandra at February 8, 2010 10:38 AM

Don't know about mesh. I did have a finger completely rebuilt with bone from my wrist, once; it feels just fine, but that was all-natural material.

It's of no matter anyway, since apparently this surgery doesn't accomplish that design.

Posted by: Grim at February 8, 2010 11:22 AM

Advanced technology: providing more ways for despairing women to hurt themselves since 30,000 BC.

Posted by: Maureen at February 8, 2010 12:09 PM

The cone-shaped material, named Breform, is similar to what is used in hernia operations.

The cone-shape may be called Breform, but the material itself is called -- Kevlar™! It's flexible in the same way that a piece of sheet metal is flexible, and three years after it's been inserted into your bod, it's *forever*.

I have a somewhat large swath of it keeping my guts in place. If anyone cares to experience the sensation, stick a 230-page paperback novel under your waistband (spine uppermost) just to the right of your belt buckle and do 50 situps...

Posted by: BillT at February 8, 2010 12:12 PM

And it will make reading, and probably performing, mammograms more challenging, I suspect. If the material is radio-opaque or even radio-translucent, the shadows could mask tumors. I wager doing a self exam will also become more difficult as it will be hard to feel lumps beneath that nice supportive mesh.

Posted by: LittleRed1 at February 8, 2010 01:56 PM

I have less than zero interest in any cosmetic surgery, but I could almost be tempted by something that permitted me to dispense with bras permanently -- I truly hate them. When I was young and slender it was easy enough to blow them off, but these days I don't feel right subjecting other people in public to the, shall we say, interesting results of middle-aged bralessness. (As the local women say, "I used to be a 34B, but now I'm a 44 Long.") I'd feel the same way about a surgical insert that would provide the arch support that I now rely on my shoes for, and would allow me to throw all my shoes away permanently.

But I'm not buying it. Maybe a few decades from now they'll have worked out the bugs. By then I'll have a more pressing need for a shroud than a surgical procedure!

Posted by: Texan99 at February 8, 2010 05:02 PM

They totally messed up the shape. Breasts are supposed to look like coconut halves, right?

Posted by: Donna B. at February 9, 2010 06:02 AM

I can't wait to see all these beautiful, artificially augmented women in their 70's and 80's: scrawny little shrunken old ladies with Pamela Sue Andersons and Dolly Partons on their chests - how beautiful is THAT going to be!! NOT! Gimme an old fashioned girl with her own breasts, please.

Posted by: I Call BS at February 10, 2010 12:56 AM