« Blogging | Main | Government Meddling Backfires Again »

February 16, 2010

Where's Cass?

You may well ask, but The Blog Princess ain't tellin'. Let's just say she is hiding out in an undisclosed location until the Joe Biden Motorcade of Death is brought to heel:

Vice President Biden's motorcade has been involved in three accidents, one of them fatal, in the last three months -- but the Secret Service says it views the close string of collisions as "separate" and notes that Secret Service personnel were driving in only one of them.

The latest mishap occurred Sunday in Vancouver. Figure skating legend Peggy Fleming and former bobsled champion Vonetta Flowers, who were riding in the vice president's motorcade, suffered minor injuries when the van they were riding in apparently was rear-ended en route to a hockey game. Biden was in a different vehicle at the time.

Yeah. Sure he was. It was bad enough when he was only murdering the English language.

Posted by Cassandra at February 16, 2010 10:11 AM

Comments

'views the close string of collisions as 'separate?' I get it. Separate but equal. We all have a chance to get run down a la Death Race 2000. I am hiding out with you.
*brings popcorn, movies and a comfy pillow*

Posted by: Cricket at February 16, 2010 10:45 AM

Was Teddy driving?

Posted by: Mark McGilvray at February 16, 2010 11:34 AM

Three collisions over a three month period in Maryland, New York and Toronto? Oh, come on, Mr. Vive President! Do you really expect anybody to believe that these were actually separate incidents? As if three accidents, months and thousands of miles apart, just happened? Not so fast, Mr. Vice President.
Isn't it true that you were present in some shape, manner or form in all three mishaps? Isn't it also true that you were also involved, at least to the degree that you were, in fact, present, in some shape, manner or form in all three mishaps? Finally,isn't it also, also true that, although you were present and involved in some shape, manner, or form in all three mishaps, in every instanceyou were not repeat not driving any of the vehicles involved safely???

Too many coincidences, Mr. Vice President, for these "accidents" to have been anything other than a planned attack on the American (Canadians ARE TOO Americans!) people in order to precipitate the Obama administration's "War on Healthcare." (And don't think that we didn't notice that Obama was always conveniently "missing" during each attack. We ain't dumb.)

Separate instances? HAH! Ten years ago you might have gotten away with it, but not anymore - not since George Bush and Dick Cheney failed to safely fly three planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. We've got your number now, buddy. It's three.

Posted by: Truth on the Loose at February 16, 2010 12:07 PM

This administration is devoted to the notion of isolated incidents not connected. Now they are using a subcategory of seperate but unrelated. Is it possible that there is no person in the Obama administration who knows how to connect dots?

A real scary thought is that Biden was behind the wheel when these accidents took place. I can imagine the driver of the vehicle, whoever it was, saying:

"I be honkin' Miss Daisy...I be honkin'"

Posted by: vet66 at February 16, 2010 12:32 PM

Exactly. On the Intertubes we don't need no stinkin' proof!

What I want to know is, where was Jumpin' Joe Biden when THIS traveshamockery occurred?

Posted by: ConspiraciesRUs at February 16, 2010 01:03 PM

Biden's 1st wife was killed in an auto accident.

Posted by: nan at February 16, 2010 01:21 PM

Um, so Biden was trying to run over Mitt Romney and missed, then hired a hitman to get him on the flight because the VP is so overmatched by the governor's eloquence and ability to cite sources?

Nah, I still think the Illuminati have infiltrated the Secret Service and are secretly trying to eliminate retired figure skaters because one of the skaters discovered the hidden code impressed on the ice at the 1984 games. [Yes, I just finished writing the draft of my dissertation. Does my lack of pain show?]

Posted by: LittleRed1 at February 16, 2010 01:55 PM

His wife was killed in a car accident along with his baby daughter

Posted by: wren at February 16, 2010 02:14 PM

That's terrible.

Posted by: spd rdr at February 16, 2010 03:10 PM

Were they running the luge?

Posted by: MeanBug at February 16, 2010 03:44 PM

I'm sorry to hear about his first wife and daughter. Wasn't aware of that - must have been a long, long time ago. At any rate, no one is seriously suggesting Biden had anything to do with his motorcade's safety record (or at least I'm not). That's the point of this post - that gotcha politics is dumb and conspiracy theories are dumb. Despite the infelicitous "connection" to a long ago event I wasn't even aware of, I suspect even Mr. Biden would approve of that message.

Posted by: Cassandra at February 16, 2010 03:55 PM

Ah Cass I yield to no man in terms of my lip curling up when I think of Joe Biden, The Gaffe A Matic Moron. That said, I do admire the part of Joe Biden that took the train home to Delaware every night to care for the surviving children of his first marriage. That's about all that I can say that's good about Joe Biden, but he did do that, and that merits at least some approbation from everyone. So when it's all counted up, Joe Biden will have one gold chip. Course he's got a lot of demerits and I don't think that one gold good deed chip will cover the final bill.

Posted by: Mike Myers at February 16, 2010 04:20 PM

Aha! I am now vindicated for spending 12 hours on Sunday in C Terminal at Dulles rather than braving the walk across the highway to the IHOP...

Posted by: BillT at February 16, 2010 06:31 PM

Yes, I just finished writing the draft of my dissertation.

Congratulations! That's a tremendous achievement :)

*clinking wine glass*

Posted by: Cassandra at February 16, 2010 07:08 PM

Congratulations, LittleRed1! Now, back to the Mother of All Conspiracies, one that even puts Watergate in the Hall of Shame: Veep Biden will just have to be asked what his definition of 'involved' is.

Posted by: Cricket at February 16, 2010 08:58 PM

First you have to find out what his definition of "is" is.

Posted by: Valerie at February 16, 2010 09:10 PM

Thank you :) Now for the hard part - revision and defense.

Posted by: LittleRed1 at February 17, 2010 01:33 PM

'Is' as in the past tense of where the motorcade actually 'was' at the time?

Revisionism as in alibis for said vehicles?

Posted by: Cricket at February 18, 2010 10:51 AM