« The Agony and the Irony | Main | Manly vs. Girly Men: What Do Women Want, Anyway? »

March 29, 2010

A Few Good Reads

No posting until I have a chance to take a lunch break today. Too much to do.

Meanwhile, here are a few links to keep you all busy.

Attila and Retriever both have interesting thoughts on the whole "gender wars" issue. Both well worth reading.

John Hawkins has another poll up - sort of a popularity contest for extremist, reich wing whack jobs and detestable RINO cheese eating surrender monkeys :p I'd tell you what my responses were but then I'd have to kill you.

Grim links to an interesting survey of another kind.

Fausta links to a piece from the WSJ about women supposedly preferring men with more feminine features. Wanted to comment over the weekend but it took me a while to sort out my thoughts. Will weigh in later.

My heart goes out to the families and victims of the Moscow bombing, but I can't help wondering whether the perps were breast bombers?

I have a few posts percolating around the old brain housing group but need to get some work done first.

Posted by Cassandra at March 29, 2010 08:36 AM

Comments

The poll was interesting in itself, but what I really appreciated was the fine list of websites. I've just spent the last 15 minutes adding them all to my "Bookmarks" bar. I hadn't been aware of most of these. Glad they included yours!

Posted by: Texan99 at March 29, 2010 12:11 PM

John's been a good friend (and a big supporter of my feeble attempts at writing) over the years. We like to argue about stuff but it's always in good fun :)

Posted by: Cassandra at March 29, 2010 12:15 PM

Here's an interesting NYT piece on the gender gap that was linked at HotAir:

Apparently boys are falling behind in school in all areas but math. It makes you wonder whether we shouldn't just accept the demonstrated superiority of women. Sure, men have some special talents in limited areas, but couldn't we find a way to confine them to those areas (barefoot) and let the women take care of the rest?

OK, OK, I'm still just irritable about the whole thing. Especially since the author invites comments but has the comment function turned off.

Posted by: Texan99 at March 29, 2010 12:56 PM

Thx for the link, Cassy, and looking forward to exploring some cool new (to me) blogs.

Don't even get me started on how PC schools are alienating our awesome young men. They ruin the girls as well, but are even more hostile to traditional males. Seemingly, the Ivies at least are now averse to heroism, patriotism, faith, chivalry, competitive energies, etc. We got around it by sending all three thru public schools but teaching a lot about the classics, the Crusades, European history, non PC American history, and spirited dinnertable debate.

Posted by: Retriever at March 29, 2010 02:29 PM

Apparently the NTSA (or whatever wasteful, government disguised welfare-dispensing agency it is that worries about airport/air travel safety) will need to examine ALL breasts much more closely!! Henceforth, only palpation will do. And since "reasonable minds can differ" on such important issues, there will have to be MULTIPLE palpators for maximum accuracy!

Posted by: I Call BS at March 29, 2010 08:53 PM